GANGSTA!

Victorian

thought obua was terrific today before he went off. especially in the first half.

i was never a fan to be honest. i was not convinced after a bright opening to the season.

i could be convinced though. bloody good player when he turns it on.

jambojim1986

His composure on the ball and ability to find a pass was vital today when others started like heedless chickens. Speedy recovery to you big man.

Obua was quality and brave today - he has been accused of showing a lack of heart in the past but he just wants to get the ball down and play.

Excellent every time he was on the ball - the most technically adept player on the pitch. Wish he'd seen more of it. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad.

Excellent every time he was on the ball - the most technically adept player on the pitch. Wish he'd seen more of it. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad.

I found it diffucult to accept he was probably our best player in the first half. He used the ball well and looked comfortable with it. I think it shows he is more suitable to Sergios style than a lot of others.

Gordon Ramsay

Really pleased for the big guy. Finally showing what he's capable of. Let's hope he gets back quick and keeps up the good performances.

Really ? I actually thought the only pass he made was straight back to the person who gave him it and im not saying he was poor but I dont think he was great either.

It always appears that his brain doesnt react quickly enough when he is on the ball to know whats going on around him.

Just my opinion of course.

Can't beleive what i'm reading here. The guy is so average it's unreal. Eggert, Robinson, and Skacel would all do a far better job in there. He constantly looks for a backward pass and loses the ball far to easily. He's good in the air, and that is it.

thought obua was terrific today before he went off. especially in the first half.

i was never a fan to be honest. i was not convinced after a bright opening to the season.

i could be convinced though. bloody good player when he turns it on.

I'd like to echo these sentiments. He was by far our best player in the first half.

Harry Palmer

Can't beleive what i'm reading here. The guy is so average it's unreal. Eggert, Robinson, and Skacel would all do a far better job in there. He constantly looks for a backward pass and loses the ball far to easily. He's good in the air, and that is it.

What's wrong with a backward pass if there is nothing going forward?

Obua is class at passing has defensive quality's and can be good in the air at times

That aside he's a big pansy and basically shect :ninja:

Obua was very good today.

He has been good since the start of the season though.

Very true. He has had an excellent start to the season I hope the former South African League Player of the Year (as voted by the fans) makes a speedy recovery. Looked the business today, as he did at ibrox.

What's wrong with a backward pass if there is nothing going forward?

but they all go back and there is a pass on.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

So you would rather he lose possession rather than passing backwards?

Ludicrous.

it's called retaining possession and keeping the ball moving. an invaluable thing in such a fast paced game. and it fits perfectly in with the type of philosophy that the manager is trying to instill.

he didn't just blindly pass it back. he often took a touch to make a yard for himself. a sign of a proper player.

good on the big man.

Nonsense.

Watch the game again. :thumbsup:

[/quote

You cant convince me that this guy is going to make it im sorry he was average today thats it he wasnt great and a very large part of his passing was 3ft away to the guy who had just passed it to him.

I agree movement and passing is very important in this new look and I would rather it went back if it was to keep it but I want someone who reacts quickly with a ball and when clearly there is a pass on he either doesnt see it or isnt confident to play it.

He is not good enough for this midfield.

Chris Benoit

so what does Obua do that Eggert, Rudi, or Robinson couldn't do?

So you'd rather see white players in the team is what your saying?

Italian Lambretta

Some arse-holes in the gorge stand where giving him abuse after he failed to get to a poor pass by Grainger.

Then he gets hurt and carted off a few minutes later winning a header that nearly led to a goal.

Some folk really need to have a word with themselves. :down:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

So you'd rather see white players in the team is what your saying?

Taouil out of the team is not good enough for some people apparently...

scots civil war

So you'd rather see white players in the team is what your saying? :wtfvlad:

whilst the obua did have a reasonable game for his standard of play,our eggert had more positive contributions whaen he came on

including a goal,which is rare for a midfielder this season

eggert`s the man for me

not recognising the obvious contribution of a player when stevie wonder could have seen it says more about the posters than it does about obua.

frightening.

He is our best player atm, looks the fittest as well .big asset

Agreed. If people can't see it maybe their just biased ... in an unacceptable way!

Do The Dance

His composure on the ball and ability to find a pass was vital today when others started like heedless chickens. Speedy recovery to you big man.

Just spotted this thread and this 2nd post sums it up for me. He took the ball on and slowed it down at exactly the right times. I thought he was absolutely superb. His passing was pretty much spot on, and he switched the ball excellently.

Bang on Obua. Keep it up, and get well soon.

xx

Do The Dance

Since my last post, I've read the rest of the thread.

Some idiots on this site.

Just watched the 1st goal Obua was giving it big licks.

Great guy

I've really warmed to him this season. The fact I used to think he was shite makes me feel a little silly tbh.

Out of contract soon, must be playing for a new deal eh? :whistling:

The club should get him signed up on an extended deal pronto.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

not recognising the obvious contribution of a player when stevie wonder could have seen it says more about the posters than it does about obua.

frightening.

This 100%.

I personally don't think Obua is a squad player although he did at times fight for the ball when he would normally give up. He left the stadium in an ambulance with an ice pack pressed firmly against his cheek.

Spoke to Sutton and he was a bit pissed that he wasn't selected. Elliot moaned at eveyone throughout the game and overall it was a piss poor derby. They played it like a normal SPL game and probably had to be reminded at half time that it was a Derby they were in and normal rules of self control don't apply!

We did get 3 points but apart from the 2 goals we have played better and should have buried them.

Why no Templeton, McGowan, Skacel? Maybe lack of ambition from PS?

3 points so it has to be a result, but must try harder!

<_<

so what does Obua do that Eggert, Rudi, or Robinson couldn't do?

It's horses for courses.

Compared to all three, he was probably fitter and fresher, having not started at WHL.

Compared to Eggert, he passes the ball better and wins more headers.

Compared to Rudi, he tracks back better and possibly contributes more to the team (but a fit Rudi means goals and that's what the game is all about)

Compared to Robinson, he has more height and experience (but I'd be very happy to see Robinson established in the team this season).

The main point is that, whether you like it or not, PS is practising squad rotation, and we should all be glad that he has quite a lot of options right now. Also, it looks like no matter which 11 he picks they know what they are supposed to be doing.

I was disappointed not to see so many of Thursday's heroes today, but that disappointment soon evaporated.

I personally don't think Obua is a squad player although he did at times fight for the ball when he would normally give up. He left the stadium in an ambulance with an ice pack pressed firmly against his cheek.

Spoke to Sutton and he was a bit pissed that he wasn't selected. Elliot moaned at eveyone throughout the game and overall it was a piss poor derby. They played it like a normal SPL game and probably had to be reminded at half time that it was a Derby they were in and normal rules of self control don't apply!

We did get 3 points but apart from the 2 goals we have played better and should have buried them.

<_<

Stunning stuff Gazza. See the bit about 'apart from the 2 goals' ? You do know the object of a game of football? Back to the very basics of the basics.

Scott_HMFC1874

Didn't think it would work with Obua today. Very pleased to be wrong.

Hopefully we'll see big Dave at his best from now on

Stunning stuff Gazza. See the bit about 'apart from the 2 goals' ? You do know the object of a game of football? Back to the very basics of the basics.

You did read the bit about burying them :whistling:

It's not a game that ball players often shine in, but Obua was always there for a pass, which is the movement we need to suit Sergio's preferred style.

scott herbertson

Out of contract soon, must be playing for a new deal eh? :whistling:

Let's hope so

If that's what it does to him it's a pity some more players weren't playing for new ones as well..

ernie winchester

frightening.

I was considering my reply to some of the nonsense on this thread but you summed it up nicely! :thumbsup:

I have been one of Obua's critics, but lately I am beginning to change my opinion of him. He put in a good shift today. Looked reassured and kept his head when others around him were losing theirs.

Tommy Wiseau

Obua gave the ball away once in the entire first half, so to the boy who said "loses the ball too easy"... :Vlad-Stupid:

You don't know what you're talking about san.

The big man was excellent at retaining possession and keeping the play moving today. Justified his inclusion. Ironic he should be taken off after being injured through his own bravery, given the criticism he receives by the way.

<_<

:lol:

And we wonder why Scottish football is in the doldrums.

Archived