Webster

scott_jambo

Well played. barring one "bombscare" (sarcastic) moment the header back to the goalie, he dominated the Hibernian front men and O'handjob at set pieces.

Spurs 2nd leg gave him some time to develop a partnership with Marius against top opposition - today was a stroll. With Mcgowan and Jonsson as good back-up at centre-half hopefully we should be ok in those positions with a little bit of luck in the injuries dept.

Stay fit for the rest of the season. Cheers.

Chris Benoit

:spoton:

Not a fan but if he stays fit and continues to show the same level of commitment he'll win the doubters over

alwaysthereinspirit

Wonder if the linesman will be asked to explain himself.

Ball was at least 3 feet over.

Disser Pointon
Wonder if the linesman will be asked to explain himself.

Ball was at least 3 feet over.

Think the lino was giving it.

jambojim1986

Thought he had a good game today. He does look a bit of a miserable b*stard though. Hope he is enjoying being back at Hearts as he could be a big player for us for years to come.

cardboardcutout

never understood the criticism of webster in a football context, he was immense today and clearly the best defender on the pitch and from what i saw he would have been the best at ibrox and st mirren too!!

To counter the euphoria slightly, hibs are pash and heading for a relegation dogfight with aber/dunf/ict!

Harry Palmer

Think the lino was giving it.

It was a goal by No. 6 but the linesman didn't give it.

I suppose it'll be corrected later.

No. 6 has obviously been telt to remove his heid from his arse though and get on with playing for Heart of Midlothian.

No. 6 has obviously been telt to remove his heid from his arse though and get on with playing for Heart of Midlothian.

There was an camera shot on the telly from a low angle and you can see the linesman moving through the shot signaling the ball over the line from the header.

I know he's disliked by several Hearts fans but a fully fit and on form Webster is a quality defender, only a fool would suggest otherwise

He looks to have got over his injury troubles and is starting to form a good partnership with Zal! That's 3 clean sheets in row now...long may it continue :thumbsup:

Well played. barring one "bombscare" (sarcastic) moment the header back to the goalie, he dominated the Hibernian front men and O'handjob at set pieces.

Spurs 2nd leg gave him some time to develop a partnership with Marius against top opposition - today was a stroll. With Mcgowan and Jonsson as good back-up at centre-half hopefully we should be ok in those positions with a little bit of luck in the injuries dept.

Stay fit for the rest of the season. Cheers.

Strolled it again. Any argument about his returning must be put to bed now....

Andy getting back to his best , strolled it today

trollface.png

give it a rest with the "no.6" pish.

Walter Kovacs

Thought he looked solid and composed throughout, barring the aforementioned spot of miscommunication with Kello. Great at marshaling the defence and a threat at corners. Doesn't deserve any of this 'Number 6' patter that's thrown around. One of the best defenders in the league, and we should think ourselves lucky to have him at the heart of our back four.

Would no.6 be Andy Webster?

What's your problem? He is a good footballer and he plays for us.

You should watch the prisoner more often if your into sixes.

Just to clarify, this thread is not licence for people to cream over someone who is in part responsible for our indifferent start to the season.

But credit where credit's due...glad the injury cleared up so quick for the Spurs matches. thumbsup.gif

Tyrion Lannister

Credit where credit is due, he was committed and extremely strong today.

I have my doubts whether he'll maintain his "fitness" but I would love to be proved wrong.

Just to clarify, this thread is not licence for people to cream over someone who is in part responsible for our indifferent start to the season.

But credit where credit's due...glad the injury cleared up so quick for the Spurs matches. thumbsup.gif

Well said Scott. I don't like a lot of things about Webster but I would have to be very bitter indeed to let that cloud my judgement. Cracking performance today, hope he keeps it going.

grumpyespana

Yes big Andy just strolled through this game and scored a good goal, in fact I thought the back four all played well.

Grumpy.

Harry Palmer

..with petted lip. :)

Not really as it was never his footballing ability that I was concerned with. :)

JamboAberdeen

Thought he was ok today.

Kept O'Conor quiet, made some crucial tackles.

But like Zali, a few mistakes (that header and Thornhill's turn) could have been costly.

He is returning to old himself for sure, but calling him "the best defender in Scotland" is bit way off.

Archived