Rangers U19s v Hearts U19s

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Another good win for the youngsters at Murray Park this morning as they beat Rangers 2-0 with goals from Kevin McHattie and Callum Paterson. This time it wasn't down to their usual dominance of possession as Rangers had as much of the ball, but Hearts worked really hard when they didn't have the ball and limited Rangers to just a couple of chances. Hearts did have that little bit more quality and created probably half a dozen reasonably good chances over the piece and thoroughly deserved the win.

Best performers for once were in defence with McHattie and Brad McKay having excellent games.

Hearts line up

Hamilton

Mullen, Kane, McKay, McHattie

Paterson, Smith, Tobin, Holt, B King

Carrick (Stewart)

Unused subs - Carswell, O'Hara, Thomson, Scott, A King

Cheers FF,looks like we have a good season ahead and some promising youngsters to add to an already impressive list of guys knocking on the managers door.

Footballfirst

FF - have the club just given up on showing U19 highlights on the website?

I honestly don't know. I've been looking out for them too. The games have certainly been filmed so there is no reason why they shouldn't be available on the website.

chester copperpot

I honestly don't know. I've been looking out for them too. The games have certainly been filmed so there is no reason why they shouldn't be available on the website.

Bollocks, Murray park is about 10mins away from me, forgot all about this game, or else would've popped along to watch it.

Bollocks, Murray park is about 10mins away from me, forgot all about this game, or else would've popped along to watch it.

You would have slept through it............rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

You would have slept through it............rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

LOL! You'll never live this doon CC! :sleep: zzzzzzzzz

Has Chris Kane changed positions to Centre Back permanently now FF? And do you think any of these guys will play in the first team this season?

Excellent result and means we are top of the league (or joint, depending on celtic result) with 3 wins out of 3.

Footballfirst

Has Chris Kane changed positions to Centre Back permanently now FF? And do you think any of these guys will play in the first team this season?

I hope so, or at least for the time being. Darren Murray tried Callum Paterson at CB in the first two games of the season but it didn't work too well. The U19s are short of CBs at the moment with Aaron Murdoch out until the new year. A trialist CB from Blackpool wasn't deemed good enough, so needs must and I think the Chris Kane is probably the best option.

We could see any of half a dozen of the youngsters play for the first team at some point. Mullen, McKay, McHattie, Holt, Smith and Walker (if he gets fully fit) must all have a chance out of the 2nd year U19s.

We could see any of half a dozen of the youngsters play for the first team at some point. Mullen, McKay, McHattie, Holt, Smith and Walker (if he gets fully fit) must all have a chance out of the 2nd year U19s.

Not Chris Kane? Is he not captain of the U19's?

Footballfirst

Excellent result and means we are top of the league (or joint, depending on celtic result) with 3 wins out of 3.

Celtic drew 1-1 away to Aberdeen, so Hearts are top after 3 games with full points.

What ever happened to Jamie Walker? Don't tell me hes injured again...

Still hasn't fully recovered from the knee injury he got early last season. Had a second op in the close season. Still gets swelling on the knee after a game. Physios say they will have to take it slowly.

Not Chris Kane? Is he not captain of the U19's?

The ones I listed eaither have done some training with the 1st team or could step up in an emeergency. Chris Kane, Chris Tobin, Aaron Murdoch and Ryan Stewart still have ever chance. However, I very much doubt that we will retain all 10 senior players in the current U19 squad come the end of the season.

Cheers FF, do you think McHattie could make the step up if Grainger got injured?

Yes

Found this report on todays game on Rangers website , nice to see them admit the Jambos were the better team

Youths Lose To Hearts

August 27, 2011

Rangers 0 Hearts 2

Rangers Under 19?s lost to Hearts at Murray Park this afternoon, in truth the home side rarely threatened and it was a deserved win for the Edinburgh side. They came close after ten minutes when Chris Tobin broke forward from midfield and shot just wide of Alan Smith?s right hand post.

The opening goal was delayed three minutes, Fraser Mullen?s free-kick broke of the Rangers wall and landed kindly for Kevin McHattie to shoot past Smith from inside the box. The visitors continued to be in control until the final fifteen minutes of the half when Rangers came into the game. Their first notable effort on goal came six minutes before the break, Callum Gallagher won the ball at the edge of the box and played it to Adam Hunter on the right, his cross found the head of Jack Werndly but is effort went wide of the far post.

Right on half-time a great run from Kamil Wiktorsi was halted by a crude challenge, Adam Hunter?s effort beat the wall but was comfortably saved by Jack Hamilton in the Hearts goal.

Half-Time:- Rangers 0 Hearts 1

The second-half started on a similar pattern with Hearts David Smith breaking forward with Smith saving his shot from the edge of the box. Midway through the half keeper Alan Smith kept Rangers in the match, Mullen and substitute Ryan Stewart combined on the right, from the latter?s low cross Jason Holt had a fresh air swipe, the ball found its way to Callum Paterson, his shot saw Smith dive to his left to parry but only as far as Billy King and with the goal at his mercy he screwed his shot wide. A minute later a similar low cross by Mullen from the byline on the right was turned towards his own goal by Kyle McAusland, as it rolled towards the goal line Smith got back to gather.

As the final quarter-hour approached Rangers came close when Darren Ramsay?s free-kick from the left was flicked narrowly over by Barry McKay. A minute later and McAusland perhaps should have done better he found himself in space at the back post and on the end of another Ramsay free-kick, but miscued the ball wide.

Going into the final ten minutes Rangers had their best chance of the match when Wiktorski?s cross from the right was met by the head of Kim Skogsrud but it was straight at Hamilton and the keeper gathered on his line at the second attempt. At the other end Smith produced another fine save when he dived to his left to turn the ball wide after Paterson cut in from the left and shot for goal.

With Rangers trying to push forward for an equaliser Hearts substitute Stewart fond himself free on the right hand side of the box but his shot could only find the side netting. In the final minute a clearance down the right found King, the ball was moved across the edge of the box via David Smith to Callum Paterson who found the bottom corner from the edge of the box.

Full-Time:- Rangers 0 Hearts 2

Rangers:- Alan Smith; Gregor Fotheringham, Kyle McAusland, Kim Skogsrud, Tom Skogsrud; Adam Hunter (Darren Ramsay 56mins), Nikolaj Kohlert, Kamil Wiktorski, Lewis McLeod, Jack Werndly (Barry McKay 46mins), Callum Gallagher (Ewan McNeil 73mins).

Not Used:- Blair Currie (GK), Robbie McIntyre, Josh Robinson, Robbie Crawford.

Hearts:- Jack Hamilton; Fraser Mullen, Chris Kane, Brad McKay, Kevin McHattie; Callum Patterson, Chris Tobin, David Smith, Jason Holt, Billy King; Dale Carrick (Ryan Stewart 56mins).

Not Used:- Blair Carswell (GK), Dale O?Hara, Michael Thomson, George Scott, Adam King.

Footballfirst

Found this report on todays game on Rangers website , nice to see them admit the Jambos were the better team

I always look to read our opponents view of the game and it is good that the report largely reflects what I wrote on the HYDC site.

jamboinglasgow

Good to hear of the victory. An important early season win by the 19s. Also good that we have now won the last 3 matches against Rangers with 7 goals to Rangers 1. Still a long season to go but a great start.

Gregory House M.D.

McHattie already has although only got a few touches.

JamboAberdeen

Youths Lose To Hearts

August 27, 2011

Rangers 0 Hearts 2

Rangers Under 19?s lost to Hearts at Murray Park this afternoon, in truth the home side rarely threatened and it was a deserved win for the Edinburgh side. They came close after ten minutes when Chris Tobin broke forward from midfield and shot just wide of Alan Smith?s right hand post.

The opening goal was delayed three minutes, Fraser Mullen?s free-kick broke of the Rangers wall and landed kindly for Kevin McHattie to shoot past Smith from inside the box. The visitors continued to be in control until the final fifteen minutes of the half when Rangers came into the game. Their first notable effort on goal came six minutes before the break, Callum Gallagher won the ball at the edge of the box and played it to Adam Hunter on the right, his cross found the head of Jack Werndly but is effort went wide of the far post.

Right on half-time a great run from Kamil Wiktorsi was halted by a crude challenge, Adam Hunter?s effort beat the wall but was comfortably saved by Jack Hamilton in the Hearts goal.

Half-Time:- Rangers 0 Hearts 1

The second-half started on a similar pattern with Hearts David Smith breaking forward with Smith saving his shot from the edge of the box. Midway through the half keeper Alan Smith kept Rangers in the match, Mullen and substitute Ryan Stewart combined on the right, from the latter?s low cross Jason Holt had a fresh air swipe, the ball found its way to Callum Paterson, his shot saw Smith dive to his left to parry but only as far as Billy King and with the goal at his mercy he screwed his shot wide. A minute later a similar low cross by Mullen from the byline on the right was turned towards his own goal by Kyle McAusland, as it rolled towards the goal line Smith got back to gather.

As the final quarter-hour approached Rangers came close when Darren Ramsay?s free-kick from the left was flicked narrowly over by Barry McKay. A minute later and McAusland perhaps should have done better he found himself in space at the back post and on the end of another Ramsay free-kick, but miscued the ball wide.

Going into the final ten minutes Rangers had their best chance of the match when Wiktorski?s cross from the right was met by the head of Kim Skogsrud but it was straight at Hamilton and the keeper gathered on his line at the second attempt. At the other end Smith produced another fine save when he dived to his left to turn the ball wide after Paterson cut in from the left and shot for goal.

With Rangers trying to push forward for an equaliser Hearts substitute Stewart fond himself free on the right hand side of the box but his shot could only find the side netting. In the final minute a clearance down the right found King, the ball was moved across the edge of the box via David Smith to Callum Paterson who found the bottom corner from the edge of the box.

Full-Time:- Rangers 0 Hearts 2

Rangers:- Alan Smith; Gregor Fotheringham, Kyle McAusland, Kim Skogsrud, Tom Skogsrud; Adam Hunter (Darren Ramsay 56mins), Nikolaj Kohlert, Kamil Wiktorski, Lewis McLeod, Jack Werndly (Barry McKay 46mins), Callum Gallagher (Ewan McNeil 73mins).

Not Used:- Blair Currie (GK), Robbie McIntyre, Josh Robinson, Robbie Crawford.

Hearts:- Jack Hamilton; Fraser Mullen, Chris Kane, Brad McKay, Kevin McHattie; Callum Patterson, Chris Tobin, David Smith, Jason Holt, Billy King; Dale Carrick (Ryan Stewart 56mins).

Not Used:- Blair Carswell (GK), Dale O?Hara, Michael Thomson, George Scott, Adam King.

Quite balanced article with respect and dignity IMO.

Why can't their first team act like that?

always a jambo

I went along to Murray Park yesterday for the game. I was very impressed with the youngsters, Darren Murray has them playing really well.

Funniest moment of the match was when we went 2 up and the lads were celebrating Darren was yelling at them to stop it and concentrate on the game.

Unfortunately though an elderly guy collapsed and had to be stretchered away. He looked an awful colour but haven't heard how he is.

I hope it is not too serious. Get well soon sir.

I went along to Murray Park yesterday for the game. I was very impressed with the youngsters, Darren Murray has them playing really well.

Funniest moment of the match was when we went 2 up and the lads were celebrating Darren was yelling at them to stop it and concentrate on the game.

Unfortunately though an elderly guy collapsed and had to be stretchered away. He looked an awful colour but haven't heard how he is.

Yep Hearts played them of the park imo,they did have afew chances but hearts where techincally superior,The lad in the center for rangers was good big polish boy.We should of had another one but the keepre pulled of a cracker of a save from Callum paterson,man of the match for me was Brad Mckay

Ally was okay -- he just collapsed after seeing what he had in reserve :whistling:

PS hope the man in question is okay.

Archived