The SPL without the OF

yvonnejambo

yvonnejambo

I know it has been discussed before and the chances are very slim if not nil of it ever happening but if it did....

What are your thoughts?

For me I would love it to happen, no major bias refereeing, no need for mountains of negative journalism to any team outwith the OF.

Yes the money may be an issue or people not wanting to go to watch their team for games that dont include the OF. To me I think it would get more people going to support their teams as more chance of winning the league and at least giving smaller teams something to really aim for. I also think the quality of a game would improve as the bias refereeing should (mainly) disappear. So players should be equally booked, penalty decisions etc

The OF to me are both an embarrassment to our country and our football and if they think they are to good for us then of to the premiership is the best for all of us.

colinmaroon

Good riddance!!!

A truly competitive league would more then offset any 'loss' (I use that term very loosely) as a result of the Bigot Brothers going to play in the Milky Way Intergalactic League!!!

It's true that there would be a new set of elite teams but it's more likely to be 4 or even 5 teams rather than the same two every year!!!

But what would we do for referees, because they would all disappear after spinning round in ever-decreasing circles until they disappear up the GFA!!!

Yes please!!

Build a stadium on Rockall and let the pair of them play a daily derby live on tv.

Just so long as they GTF!

Archived