• Scott Robinson
    • Rudi Skacel
    • David Templeton
    • Arvydas Novikovas
    • Gordon Smith
    • Adrian Mrowiec
    • Medhi Taouil
    • Suso Santana

Hearts restored some pride tonight where two relatively young teams put on a decent show

The back 5's performance was night and day compared to last week, Eggert Jonsson didn't look out of place facing up to an EPL level midfield, Arvy looked dangerous and Gordon Smith showed clever running and movement not seen from a Hearts striker in many a year

Stand out for me was Ryan McGowan, faced with a tough opposition like Townsend after a nervy initial 5 minutes he put in a tremendous performance proving his showing at Ibrox was not a one off

Poll will close on Tuesday evening

Sticky please mods

:thumbsup:

I thought McGowan and Smith first half but overall Grainger who I thought was the best player on the park in the 2nd half,That 70yrd pass to Templeton was brilliant.

Libertonian_II

I thought McGowan and Smith first half but overall Grainger who I thought was the best player on the park in the 2nd half,That 70yrd pass to Templeton was brilliant.

That's how I saw it. Grainger was superb.

Harry Palmer

Eggert Jonsson.

I realise I've said otherwise but when it comes to the crunch...the hair sways it I'm afraid. :thumbsup:

BobbyJenkins

Went with Ryan McGowan but almost said Robinson for that wee turn on the edge of our box. He looks tidy and composed and will only get better imo.

Thought McGowan, Grainger, Smith and Jonsson had good games, but went for Scott Robinson. Delighted to be seeing him in his best position in midfield.

coatbridgejambo

no brainer (RM) not a bad player in the team tonight tho it has to be said

Chose Jonsson, had a very good game coming back into midfield.

Also, some people have picked Skacel, in my opinion he just wasn't in it, gave a way passes and should've passed the ball to Smith when 1 vs 1 with Cudicini.

The Future's Maroon

I actually thought Rudi looked poor, he looked unfit and unable to keep up with the pace.

I went for Gowser, but Jamie Mac, Smith and Eggy were very close behind.

JamboAberdeen

Picked Smith for his hard work despite being isolated.

Eggert and McGovan were also stand-out.

Especially Eggert added selection headache to Paulo, definitely more mobile+aggressive than Adrian.

heartsfc_fan

Had to think about this one for a bit (nice problem to have eh :smug:)

McGowan for me.

Jonsson, Grainger, Zalikuas, Smith and MacDonald were also good aswell.

In fact, there wasn't one poor performance!

Thought Grainger did well but voted for McGowan all players deserve credit :thumbsup: but was disapointed in Rudi tonight :down:

First thought was McGowan so voted for him.

Honourable mentions also to Eggert, Robinson and Grainger.

Can't wait for Sunday!

Charlie-Brown

McGowan's had some criticism after his performances dipped a wee bit after a good opening day display at Ibrox - responded tremendously last night .... also have to mention MacDonald, Robinson & Smith - I think last night proved they are certainly good enough to play for Hearts first team! :thumbsup:

hearts_crazy

McGowan by some distance

Who the **** voted for Rudi BTW, Rudi Skacel and his mum? He was rank rotten.

rossthejambo

Was a tough choice between McGowan, Grainger and Jonsson. Went with McGowan.

gogadgetlegz

Skippy is a real player. Think he'll be able to put in a great season for us this year, but fear it'll be his only full one in maroon, he'll be on radars after that. Dunno if the pitch at Tynie is big enough for him to do his thing. He'll win us a semi at hampden with his marauding

Skippy is a real player. Think he'll be able to put in a great season for us this year, but fear it'll be his only full one in maroon, he'll be on radars after that. Dunno if the pitch at Tynie is big enough for him to do his thing. He'll win us a semi at hampden with his marauding

I might be wrong (not a new experience) but I think WHL isn't much bigger than Tynie

Chris Benoit

I might be wrong (not a new experience) but I think WHL isn't much bigger than Tynie

Same length, 2-3 ft/m? wider

Archived