Danny Grainger (Merged Threads)

Jamdub

To Mr Grainger, proud to be a member of our famous club and it shows, shotgun hobo, now a hun, missing you............ninja.gif hopefully no bigots in Europe. thumbsup.gif

Snake Plissken

One of the few who did okay last week was outstanding tonight.

Defends very well and is useful in attack.

An inspired signing, one who most of us probably weren't hugely enthused by but has really shown his worth early on in his Hearts career.

Let us begin the praise of Danny.

:thumbsup:

He's just excellent and consistent. Superb signing

He very much reminds me of Neil Pointon. Has been very good so far and looks a good signing.

He very much reminds me of Neil Pointon. Has been very good so far and looks a good signing.

That's a good comparison, actually. A total work horse.

Hasnt put a foot wrong since pulling on a Hearts strip.

I've said it quite a few times already - but I think he's going to turn out to be our best signing in a long long time.

Would be my first name on the teamsheet every single week at the moment.

Jam Tarts 1874

Last night's back four looks more than capable of dealing with anything the SPL has to offer, let's hope injuries don't disrupt it.

Some players go to a bigger club and can't hack it (Barr for instance), but some like Grainger become a much better player, well done last night.

Guess The Crowd

I'm honestly not surprised.

He was a stand-out for St Johnstone, notably against Hearts at McDiarmid last November.

rossthejambo

When we unveiled our four new signings, Grainger was the one I was very meh about and he has proved me very wrong in a very short space of time. Another outstanding performance last night defensively and some of his passes were brilliant. Hopefully he keeps it up.

The question I keep asking myself is....Lee who? :smuggy:

Ecce Romanov

Both Grainger and McGowan played really well last night. Really well done lads :thumbsup:

Danny Grainger my favourite player (after Rudi of course)

Tremendous signing, that pass at the end for Temps was delightful. Tin hat on - I thought Rudi looked lost out there last night.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Tin hat on - I thought Rudi looked lost out there last night.

I'd agree - not his best performance for us. He looked slow, too.

Lee who? :D

Indeed! Actually feel more comfortable with him at LB than I did with Wallace, yes we don't get the runs and overlaps but we have gained better positioning defensivley and consistant dangerous deliveries from free kicks and corners!

Napoleon  Wilson

Dear Danny,

I am writing to apologise for my numerous abusive and derogatory descriptions of you as a footballer and your footballing skills. When you were signed i was extremely underwhelmed and was cacking my y-fronts at the thought of you being our 1st choice LB if Wallace left. I remember you from your times at Gretna and Utd and also that when you got Michael Stewart sent off, which i now of course realise was not your fault at all. I have been on record as describing you as "Shit". I am sorry. You are now one of the first names on the team sheet, which is a testament to your ability and desire to play for the Famous.

I know nothing about football. I havent played LMA manager since 2007.

Napoleon Wilson

Wasn't to keen about him when he signed but JJ has pulled a cracker here really please with him.

peach of a ball he played to temps must have been about a 60-70 yard pass.

Fast becoming one of my favourites. Never thought I'd say that as I used to think he was a cheating prick. :laugh:

In other news Lee Wallace has been pretty gash so far through west and is now injured.

Great piece of business we've done with hindsight.

Dear Danny,

I am writing to apologise for my numerous abusive and derogatory descriptions of you as a footballer and your footballing skills. When you were signed i was extremely underwhelmed and was cacking my y-fronts at the thought of you being our 1st choice LB if Wallace left. I remember you from your times at Gretna and Utd and also that when you got Michael Stewart sent off, which i now of course realise was not your fault at all. I have been on record as describing you as "Shit". I am sorry. You are now one of the first names on the team sheet, which is a testament to your ability and desire to play for the Famous.

I know nothing about football. I havent played LMA manager since 2007.

Napoleon Wilson

It takes a big man to put his hands up and admit he was wrong. Just need another couple of hundred of these such admissions and we can all start a Danny Grainger fan club.

He has been class, I cant believe he never got touted for MOM.

One of the things I love most about him is that he genuinely looks like he WANTS to play for Hearts, and that he cares.

on a side note, I actually thought Rudi had not a bad game last night.

Big_Hearts_Runner

Funny old game.

Most experts on here were not that happy/enthused by this signing.

People were delirious with Sutton and pretty happy with Hamill signings.

JJ & BB showing their value again with spotting hidden gems.

of the signings we made, sutton was the one who i was delighted we'd signed and grainger was a bit well... he'll maybe be ok

totally eating those words now as he's been terrific and seems to be just getting better with every game so far.

really delighted with grainger

One of the things I love most about him is that he genuinely looks like he WANTS to play for Hearts, and that he cares.

This is a key point for me also.

Many others in this squad could learn a lot from DG's attitude.

Gregory House M.D.

My ONLY negative is: Daniel Leslie Grainger. I still ******* love the man though. We need a Danny Grainger song ASAP.

jambojim1986

My mate is a die hard saint. said before the game grainger is mince and gives the ball away trying ridiculous 60 yard diagonal balls thinking he is Beckham . . . bet he feels silly now.

Ray Winstone

My mate is a die hard saint. said before the game grainger is mince and gives the ball away trying ridiculous 60 yard diagonal balls thinking he is Beckham . . . bet he feels silly now.

Maybe now he is playing with lads who are good enough to work with his playmaking abilities.

heartsfc_fan

He's playing with better players now :thumbsup:

He's been a great signing, always up and down the park, got a great delivery on him as well.

I don't think we have missed Wallace once since he left.

Well done Danny, keep up the good work!

winston churchill

A great parting gift from Mr Jim.

The jury is still out on Hamill&Sutton and weeTaouil is just getting back after injury.

JamboAberdeen

Thought the most uninspiring signing among 4 new comers in this summer, just a cheap backup for Wallace, but now am happy to be proved wrong.

Arguably the most consistent player in the team so far, ever present, solid in defence while willing to support attack with great delivery though direct free kick can be improved.

Any shout of "Danny for Scotland"? :whistling:

Indeed! Actually feel more comfortable with him at LB than I did with Wallace, yes we don't get the runs and overlaps but we have gained better positioning defensivley and consistant dangerous deliveries from free kicks and corners!

Personally I never got suckered in by this "best LB in Scotland pesh" :whistling:

Too many of Lee's defensive failings were ignored because he was tremendous at roving up the left wing, like our very own Gareth Bale :woot:

Both full back positions are looking much more solid now IMO :thumbsup:

Thought the most uninspiring signing among 4 new comers in this summer, just a cheap backup for Wallace, but now am happy to be proved wrong.

Arguably the most consistent player in the team so far, ever present, solid in defence while willing to support attack with great delivery though direct free kick can be improved.

Any shout of "Danny for Scotland"? :whistling:

Think he's english, but by far our best player so far this season.

edit - Just noticed the smilie!

Danny's been superb this season, probably his downfall in the MOTM stakes because even in his short time these types of performances are becoming the norm which is a sign of a good player and long may it continue

I'm not going to try and say I knew all along he'd be a good player because I didn't but I didn't understand some of the seethe (even though it is JKB) at his signing, go back to the 2-2 game at McDiarmid he was dropping bombs into our box from left back and our defence had a nightmare dealing with it and Deucher so I thought he could offer something but didn't realise how solid he could be defensively

Keep it up

Ps Dwayne I agree with Granny Danger :thumbsup:

I said it last week but it is worth saying again. He has been excellent and I for one never thought it was a good signing. Proving me and many others wrong weekly and I couldn't be happier.

Well done, Danny, more of the same.

scots civil war

danny`s from penrith,cumbria

some tune along the lines of beautiful stranger by madonna perhaps

the melody that is

One of the few who did okay last week was outstanding tonight.

Defends very well and is useful in attack.

An inspired signing, one who most of us probably weren't hugely enthused by but has really shown his worth early on in his Hearts career.

Let us begin the praise of Danny.

:thumbsup:

have to agree with you there, but have been pleasantly surprised, the best player so far this season for me keep it up Danny Boy

Drylaw Hearts

I said it last week but it is worth saying again. He has been excellent and I for one never thought it was a good signing. Proving me and many others wrong weekly and I couldn't be happier.

Well done, Danny, more of the same.

Yep.

I think he's been a surprisingly good signing.

I like him.

Archived