Easter Road

Praha06

An experience for the Berwick Rangers players to cherish.

"Son, did I ever tell you about the time I played against Colin Calderwood's Hibs?"

This isn't related to this post however I cannot start a new post for some reason. Can anyone tell me what the view is like from the very back row of our main stand? Trying to get 2 tix for Sunday.

Should have got in earlier. :thumbsup:

I sat in Section N3, row M, left side near the stairs for the Spurs game and the view was much better than I expected. You can't see the top 25% of the Wheatfield opposite, but that shouldn't really matter.

You can see the pitch nicely as the stand doesn't go that far back, though the pillars were a bit annoying for me, but that depends where you sit.

Hope this helps, but all the above is based on sitting in N3, so if you're in P-T3 then I'm not entirely sure. :thumbsup:

AlbionRdJambo

Got sorted, Sec S row P/Q. It was the only place with two seats pretty close to each other. Could have went for Gorgie Rd end but was in Main stand for Spurs game (just above the box, right behind Stuart McCalls bonce) like the Main stand.

Bring back the shed.

Was there for the surs game in section p. It's not the worst view I've ever sat in.

You weren't one of those back row newcomers who got involved in that daft episode of handbags were you? :laugh:

AlbionRdJambo

attendance = just under 5k according to BBC

As the name suggests I unfortunately have the pleasure of living along the road from that dump. I can confirm I saw about 4 hibs fans, and a whimper of a cheer for their goals.

Nicholas Brody

You weren't one of those back row newcomers who got involved in that daft episode of handbags were you? :laugh:

There seems to be a lot of fighting between Hearts fans at games recently :blink:

There seems to be a lot of fighting between Hearts fans at games recently :blink:

the Wolfpack causing trouble imo :down:

Less than a thousand there with 8 mins to kick off.

there party is over now that there die hards have left :woot:in Colin we trust :woot::lol:

Sergio Garcia

Was that the back row guys who have had season tickets there for years but due to redundancies have had to give up there season tickets but have been at Dundee Utd, Motherwell and Aberdeen games this season as well as Spurs.

Ach nothing actually happened in the end. One guy shouted something mean about a player (I think) and some other guy called him on it. They all said the f and c words at each other a lot and did the "hold me back, hold me baaaaack" sort of thing...their respective mates duly complied and held 'em back with minimal restraint required....everyone calmed down again. No harm done. :laugh:

We had just gone 2-0 down at the time I think though, they perhaps were just extra narky about that.

Sergio Garcia

Ach nothing actually happened in the end. One guy shouted something mean about a player (I think) and some other guy called him on it. They all said the f and c words at each other a lot and did the "hold me back, hold me baaaaack" sort of thing...their respective mates duly complied and held 'em back with minimal restraint required....everyone calmed down again. No harm done. :laugh:

We had just gone 2-0 down at the time I think though, they perhaps were just extra narky about that.

The incident I am referring to was after 3 nil with Webster being the player in question. Plenty of C bombs being dropped and one left before hitting the old boy in front who was having digs about him not being there that season, a few folk were challenging him .

I think it was the digs about the lack of attendance that got to the boy (I know him and he is pretty gutted about not being able to afford his ticket) plus him and the old boy has had previous with the Neil Lennon incident and plenty of Mikey Stewart chats! This time he snapped.

Plus Webster is a C bomb

The incident I am referring to was after 3 nil with Webster being the player in question. Plenty of C bombs being dropped and one left before hitting the old boy in front who was having digs about him not being there that season, a few folk were challenging him .

I think it was the digs about the lack of attendance that got to the boy (I know him and he is pretty gutted about not being able to afford his ticket) plus him and the old boy has had previous with the Neil Lennon incident and plenty of Mikey Stewart chats! This time he snapped.

Plus Webster is a C bomb

Maybe it was after 3-0...the atmosphere had certainly dropped like a stone when it happened anyway. Thought it was just a typical snappy exchange between narky spectators but then those other guys at the end of the row got involved and chucked in some of their own f and c bombs. Take it this guy called Webster a c word then? I don't remember there being any drama up in section P on the night of the Lennon incident though...must have been too busy staring straight ahead in utter disbelief that night....

Sergio Garcia

Maybe it was after 3-0...the atmosphere had certainly dropped like a stone when it happened anyway. Thought it was just a typical snappy exchange between narky spectators but then those other guys at the end of the row got involved and chucked in some of their own f and c bombs. Take it this guy called Webster a c word then? I don't remember there being any drama up in section P on the night of the Lennon incident though...must have been too busy staring straight ahead in utter disbelief that night....

Something along the lines of f off back to the injury list Webster you C, then someone called him,he had a heated exchange about Webster, some exchanges happened about the boy not attending this season to which he answered he had been just didnt have a ST and then the guys along the row early 20s started getting involved, trying to get along to the boy. Then the boys Dad and brother tried to calm down him before he stormed out and left.

The younger guy on the night of the Lennon incident noticed Lennons few digs at the dude on the floor being held down, the Old boy said Lennon should be entitled to it. The Mikey Stewart arguments were more just comments passed back and forward like most of the stadium.

Anyway the boy ended up on a 4 day bender after it. Still raging about why he had to leave the ground as a result

We spent hours after the game looking for him,both in Edinburgh and where he lives as he didnt have his phone, no one has seen him as raging before to be honest.

Something along the lines of f off back to the injury list Webster you C, then someone called him,he had a heated exchange about Webster, some exchanges happened about the boy not attending this season to which he answered he had been just didnt have a ST and then the guys along the row early 20s started getting involved, trying to get along to the boy. Then the boys Dad and brother tried to calm down him before he stormed out and left.

The younger guy on the night of the Lennon incident noticed Lennons few digs at the dude on the floor being held down, the Old boy said Lennon should be entitled to it. The Mikey Stewart arguments were more just comments passed back and forward like most of the stadium.

Anyway the boy ended up on a 4 day bender after it. Still raging about why he had to leave the ground as a result

We spent hours after the game looking for him,both in Edinburgh and where he lives as he didnt have his phone, no one has seen him as raging before to be honest.

Well, there was me just thinking it was a normal old episode of handbags. Seemed to die out as quickly as it started, certainly didn't realise anyone had left because of it. The police hanging around the top of the steps didn't seem to notice either. Sounds like they might benefit from some sort of spectator relationship counselling though.

So yeah...Easter Road....bet these things happen there too...ahem.... ninja.gif

Sergio Garcia

Well, there was me just thinking it was a normal old episode of handbags. Seemed to die out as quickly as it started, certainly didn't realise anyone had left because of it. The police hanging around the top of the steps didn't seem to notice either. Sounds like they might benefit from some sort of spectator relationship counselling though.

So yeah...Easter Road....bet these things happen there too...ahem.... ninja.gif

Not enough fans for it to happen there now is there!

Nah it was over fairly quickly but it was quieter until it really kicked off. Yep just the one left as a result, he is trying to swap his derby ticket as he is thinking its not best idea to go back to the stand or if things dont go to plan it might happen again with a few punches thrown into the bargain.

I agree 8000 odd for an SPL game at Fester Road is p*ish poor, but we can hardly question their attendance tonight when we only had 4922 v Elgin a year ago today at the exact same stage of the competition. Prices were the same as well, and presumably Elgin brought less of an away following than Berwick?

Can't believe I'm almost sticking up for the wee team here :ninja:

Arthur Morgan

I agree 8000 odd for an SPL game at Fester Road is p*ish poor, but we can hardly question their attendance tonight when we only had 4922 v Elgin a year ago today at the exact same stage of the competition. Prices were the same as well, and presumably Elgin brought less of an away following than Berwick?

You are! :ninja:

Coburg Hearts

Surely if LESS Elgin fans attended that meant that more Hearts fans did? Also, someone has said that some season tickets where valid for tonight's game. :huh:

Surely a Battle of Britain clash between Titans as tonight is more of an attraction than Elgin City? :)

Wee team wee cup, what do you expect

Think its time to knock this 'wee cup' stuff on the head to be honest.

I for one would love to see a decent league cup run by the JT's.

Granted it may not be 'as big' as the Scottish Cup - but silverware is silverware.

Not enough fans for it to happen there now is there!

Nah it was over fairly quickly but it was quieter until it really kicked off. Yep just the one left as a result, he is trying to swap his derby ticket as he is thinking its not best idea to go back to the stand or if things dont go to plan it might happen again with a few punches thrown into the bargain.

Shall keep my eyes peeled on Sunday then. Hopefully we'll have scored a good few early goals and spirits will be way too high for that sort of thing. Maybe you can attempt mediation if it all goes wrong. :)

Think its time to knock this 'wee cup' stuff on the head to be honest.

I for one would love to see a decent league cup run by the JT's.

Granted it may not be 'as big' as the Scottish Cup - but silverware is silverware.

It can't be time to knock it on the head Erik. You can't knock the wee cup stuff on the head without also losing the big cup stuff and until they shake off that hoodoo, it will continue to be massively amusing. Possibly forever at this rate.

It can't be time to knock it on the head Erik. You can't knock the wee cup stuff on the head without also losing the big cup stuff and until they shake off that hoodoo, it will continue to be massively amusing. Possibly forever at this rate.

Oh no, dont get me wrong - i'll never tire of reminding them how hopeless they are when it comes to the Scottish Cup, and the longer that continues the better. The idea of it being 'forever' does bring a smug grin to my face.

But.... that said..... I also think its time we took the League Cup a bit seriously and mounted something along the lines of an attempt at actually winning the thing rather than bowing out of it unceremoniously as we've made a habit of in recent years.

bavariajambo

The actually had a bigger attendance than QPR last night, a EPL team could only muster up 4,755 for their Carlin Cup game.

Archived