Samuel Eto'o to be highest paid footballer in world

heartsfc_fan

No player is worth that kind money. It's these kinda numbers that has brought the game to it's knees.

This is the kind of thing that I reckon had led to UEFA Financial 'Fair Play'. There is a huge amount of money in Russia and it's beginning to find its way into football there. If a team that you have barely heard of can pay this kind of money then they can attract (almost) any player they want. This could result in such clubs making the latter stages of the Champions League and that's pretty much a closed shop so UEFA don't want that to happen.

Fair enough the money is incredible, but it seems a bit of an early retirement from Eto to head out there at only 30/31.

Anzhi players live and train at a training camp outside Moscow and travel to Makhachkala for home games, flying about 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) 15 times a season.

Welcome to football in the 21st century. What's the point?

Say What Again

Fair enough the money is incredible, but it seems a bit of an early retirement from Eto to head out there at only 30/31.

Celtic fan at my work said he should go there and stick it out for year, then come back a millionaire, as he probably isn't one just now.

100% true.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Celtic fan at my work said he should go there and stick it out for year, then come back a millionaire, as he probably isn't one just now.

100% true.

laugh.gif

What a complete and utter Zik Zik Sputnik.

100% true.

Isn't a millionaire?! He will have been on 80/90k a week at least for the last 5 years at least. Absolutely disgusting, hope he hates it

Richard Luffnan

Its disgrace that Etoo along with Carlos and for a brief period Guillet have no morals and

are happy to accept blood money from child killers .

Its disgrace that Etoo along with Carlos and for a brief period Guillet have no morals and

Care to expand on this accusation?

kingantti1874

This is the kind of thing that I reckon had led to UEFA Financial 'Fair Play'. There is a huge amount of money in Russia and it's beginning to find its way into football there. If a team that you have barely heard of can pay this kind of money then they can attract (almost) any player they want. This could result in such clubs making the latter stages of the Champions League and that's pretty much a closed shop so UEFA don't want that to happen.

Yeah try don't want their cushy cartel broken ... Football in general is ######

Don't hold back now, say what you think!

Isaac Clarke
Makhachkala is plagued by violence from insurgency that has spread across the North Caucasus after two separatist wars in Dagestan's neighboring region of Chechnya.

Anzhi players live and train at a training camp outside Moscow and travel to Makhachkala for home games, flying about 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) 15 times a season.

Sounds a lovely place.

:facepalm:

Richard Luffnan

Care to expand on this accusation?

the owner should be in the Hague for war crimes in the caucasus. I could go on but i'll never stop !!!!

the owner should be in the Hague for war crimes in the caucasus. I could go on but i'll never stop !!!!

Are you possibly confusing Eto'o's new club with Terek Grozny (i.e. who Gullit was actually managing for a brief spell)?

go on :teehee:

Richard Luffnan

Are you possibly confusing Eto'o's new club with Terek Grozny (i.e. who Gullit was actually managing for a brief spell)?

No the owner of Etoo's club is "friends" with Kadyrov.

No the owner of Etoo's club is "friends" with Kadyrov.

Fair dues. Was not aware of that, nor am I surprised.

Isn't a millionaire?! He will have been on 80/90k a week at least for the last 5 years at least. Absolutely disgusting, hope he hates it

At Inter, he was on more like 200 grand a week

Funny how there is never the same seethe over, lets say, Fernando Alonso or Leo Di Caprio's salary.

Both can earn more per annum.

:interesting:

Disgusting! It's just a race car, it's just a film.

If that mob are willing to blow that, good on him!

Funny how there is never the same seethe over, lets say, Fernando Alonso or Leo Di Caprio's salary.

Both can earn more per annum.

:interesting:

Disgusting! It's just a race car, it's just a film.

If that mob are willing to blow that, good on him!

Fair point, but this is a football forum, so there's more reason to talk about Eto'o or Ahnzi, with no real reason to mention Alonsos specifically in a thread of its own.

Fair point, but this is a football forum, so there's more reason to talk about Eto'o or Ahnzi, with no real reason to mention Alonsos specifically in a thread of its own.

Not just talking about on here mate.

In everyday life, so many people seethe over footballers salaries.

But F1 drivers, actors etc are all fine!

Weirdos!

384,000 POUNDS A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be fair, if some one/some club is STUPID enough to offer this amount, any player that refused would be well, you know

its all about supply & demand now.

The problem with this rule is, UEFA brought it in then thought about how to police...................you cant, its simply impossible to do it in a consistent manner.

Weirdos!

Jings, you could pick a fight in an empty room. Must you use every single thread for your fishing expeditions now?

I definitely liked it better when you posted normal and interesting stuff and weren't constantly trying to rub folk up the wrong way. ermm.gif

So, Eto'o.... no matter what you say that is an absolutely obscene amount of cash to pay any one person, never mind paying them it because they happen to be quite good at using their feet to kick a spherical bag of air around a bit of grass. No wonder this game is falling apart with corruption when figures like that are seen to be in any way an acceptable rate of pay. Absolutely crazy.

Snake Plissken

I wouldn't say no to that if offered to me.

What I don't get is, if they have that kind of money, why not spend in like four or five really good players instead?

36 million plus another 30 million a year in wages for a 30 year old doesn't sound like the best use of cash, yeah they'll need to pay over the odds to entice top players but they should be looking to make better use of the money.

What I don't get is, if they have that kind of money, why not spend in like four or five really good players instead?

36 million plus another 30 million a year in wages for a 30 year old doesn't sound like the best use of cash, yeah they'll need to pay over the odds to entice top players but they should be looking to make better use of the money.

According to the BBC article on the transfer, Inter are 'only' getting ?18m and Eto'o will be on a paltry ?187,000 a week over three years.

When your owner has a wealth of 7.8 billion then it really is loose change -- of course they train near Moscow and only fly in to their home matches on the day before.

Remember though he can be used to attract other players -- if you have that class of player at a club then it can be enticing.

From players point of view he is over 30 -- his very best years are behind him (still a great player though) and this is an unbelievable deal.

Jings, you could pick a fight in an empty room. Must you use every single thread for your fishing expeditions now?

I definitely liked it better when you posted normal and interesting stuff and weren't constantly trying to rub folk up the wrong way. ermm.gif

So, Eto'o.... no matter what you say that is an absolutely obscene amount of cash to pay any one person, never mind paying them it because they happen to be quite good at using their feet to kick a spherical bag of air around a bit of grass. No wonder this game is falling apart with corruption when figures like that are seen to be in any way an acceptable rate of pay. Absolutely crazy.

:vrface:

My opinion is different to yours.

Get over it sweet cheeks.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Weirdos!

Valid point tbf. No one moans when Brad Pitt picks up 10 million a film.

Think why it's different in football is folk compare it back to when players were nothing more than working class men earning an average wage.

:vrface:

My opinion is different to yours.

Get over it sweet cheeks.

Opinion? Nonsense. You were trolling.

Problem was it wasn't even decent trolling, it was rubbish trolling.

I only mentioned it in the first place because it was so desperate. It's just getting very annoying, and it's bugger all to do with 'opinions'.... rolleyes.gif

Opinion? Nonsense. You were trolling.

Problem was it wasn't even decent trolling, it was rubbish trolling.

I only mentioned it in the first place because it was so desperate. It's just getting very annoying, and it's bugger all to do with 'opinions'.... rolleyes.gif

Aww stop it!

Your looking more stupid.

A different opinion is now trolling.

:cornette:

Society in general will claim football salaries are outrageous. Whilst not giving a toss about other sports or actors etc.

Bur for some obscure reason the seethe is only ever directed at footballers.

I find it irrational and ignorant.

End of. If you don't like it, stick your trolling claims up your arse.

Thank you.

Society in general will claim football salaries are outrageous. Whilst not giving a toss about other sports or actors etc.

Bur for some obscure reason the seethe is only ever directed at footballers.

I happen to agree with you, the amount F1 drivers or actors get is equally as disgusting.

As far as the reason for the 'seethe' goes, I think its really as simple as the level of exposure footballers, and what they earn, get.

Football is ALWAYS in the news, and what players earn is reported on a fairly regularly basis.

Actors and F1 drivers, and their salaries, recieve far less news coverage than that of footballers.

Archived