Paulo's squad

KK'sTooth

Slightly worrying that there has been no mention of any new players since Paulo arrived. I know he has been evaluating the current squad but he must see our central midfield chasm as everyone else does. Has Vlad simply told him to work with what he has got and wait until January before being allowed to bring in some new faces?

I hear Maniche is on a free, as is Luis Boa Morte! :whistling:

Paulo Sergio has a squad which should be good enough to finish third and challenge for cups.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

He has spoken to the board and is awaiting their reply apparently.

He should expect a response a round about February then.....:thumbsup:

Cut The Crap

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-boss-to-use-Spurs.6823643.jp

Last paragraph suggests he is trying to do some transfer business before the window closes.

Third last paragraph suggest he thinks Ryan Stevenson is mobile. :unsure:

Not sounding too hopeful on new faces. Think we might have had our lot for this summer.

We could do with a new spine to our team with a ball playing CB, continental No. 10 and striker being the ideal signings for me.

I'd also welcome anyone in the squad who doesn't buy into the new training methods to be punted before the window closes. Let's face fact's here, we have a large squad but hand on heart can you really say that many of them can't be replaced by youngsters?

Dont think anything will happen until the 31st, or maybe a few days after if players get releases ala Andy Webster.

Sergy did say we were still looking a while ago.

Third last paragraph suggest he thinks Ryan Stevenson is mobile. :unsure:

Not sounding too hopeful on new faces. Think we might have had our lot for this summer.

Could mean he has a car :thumbsup:

Cut The Crap

Could mean he has a car :thumbsup:

That must be it. Lost in translation no doubt. :thumbsup:

I had the chance to speak to him before the Killie game and asked him and he said he has identified/requested three players he knows well and has worked with before. However, he is still waiting for the rubber stamp from above...

Cut The Crap

I had the chance to speak to him before the Killie game and asked him and he said he has identified/requested three players he knows well and has worked with before. However, he is still waiting for the rubber stamp from above...

Good news. Hopefully the same three players that Sergejus was talking about.

The Comedian

Make it so Vlad.

jamboinglasgow

Wonder if anyone knows who those three could possibly be. Hope that if they are good enough the board back him and act swiftly as time is running out.

heartsfc_fan

Wonder if anyone knows who those three could possibly be. Hope that if they are good enough the board back him and act swiftly as time is running out.

Plenty of time. Just over a week.

I'd loan out Gary Glen and Darren Barr, and bring in 2 more capable players.

Richard Luffnan

Paulo Sergio has a squad which should be good enough to finish third and challenge for cups.

some of the tripe we have are poor excuses for footballers , a centre half and a couple of midfielders

would be a start.

Quite true of course, but the owner wants to challenge the Old firm/ win the league and we havent got anywhere close to a squad that can do that. Time for him to put up or shut up and let the manager do the best job he can without the added pressure of impossible targets.

Would totally amaze me if a new manager is brought in and then not allowed to bring players in.

In fact, it would be nothing short of bizarre and outrageous.

winston churchill

Paulo Sergio has a poor squad which should be good enough to finish third in our piss poor league and challenge for cups.

Would totally amaze me if a new manager is brought in and then not allowed to bring players in.

In fact, it would be nothing short of bizarre and outrageous.

It would really depend if the players agents are on Vlad's "good guy" list or his "w*nk" list I suppose

Italian Lambretta

That'll be 2 of us then :thumbsup:

Also suggests he doesn't rate Sutton very highly either, Big John's days could be numbered.

It would really depend if the players agents are on Vlad's "good guy" list or his "w*nk" list I suppose

Or who their agents are.

Drylaw Hearts

Also suggests he doesn't rate Sutton very highly either, Big John's days could be numbered.

Hardly surprising tbh.

Sutton has been hugely disappointing so far imo.

Bert Le Clos

We need; back-up left back, dominant centre half, creative deep midfielder and a striker.

A fit Rudi should be playing in behind the striker if we go one up top. We don't need a ball playing centre half if we can sign a deep lying midfielder who can take the ball off our central defenders and pick a pass. I'd much rather see a hard as nails ball winner brought in.

A pacey striker who can run with the ball would give us a full complement of forward options if we ever get Kyle fit.

Gregory House M.D.

If all 3 are signed, I hope it's:

Kello

McGowan NS Zaliukas Grainger

Driver NS NS Novikovas

Sutton Smith

If he does have 3 signings in mind i hope it is either 2 midfielders and a forward so we can play an attacking 4-5-1 or 2 forwards and a midfielder so we can play 4-4-2..

I think we have enough wingers that are good enough for the SPL in Driver, Templeton, Suso, Taouil and Novikovas..

I also think our back 4 is good enough for the SPL with Hammil, Zaliukas, Webster and Grainger.. there are also enough back ups for these players..

What we are really struggling with is scoring goals and creating chances from the middle of the park.. if we can bring in 3 players for those positions we will have a much better season

heartsfc_fan

Vlad says no no no, cannot see GG going anywhere as he is on crutches.

Didn't realise he was injured :unsure:

Archived