Will Paulo have thoughts towards Sunday....

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Just wondering people's thoughts about the up and coming game on Thursday and then the Derby.

Don't get me wrong I want to see an improved performance on Thursday and also for the fans travelling down, that they get to see something to shout about.

But lets be honest the Derby is the more important match.

Will Paulo have this mind with his team selection on Thursday?

Should we rest a number of players who would be first names on the team sheet come Sunday?

loveofthegame

I would much rather we beat Hibs than play our 1st team and get the runaround on Thurs. Thats coming from someone who is going down to London for the game. The tie is 100% over, we need to start concentrating fully on the league.

The Hibs game will take care of itself.

The players will all be gagging for the opportunity to play at WHL, and also hopefully to put in a performance.

Don't risk anyone with a knock, but don't put out a second string either.

Clerry Jambo

I would much rather we beat Hibs than play our 1st team and get the runaround on Thurs. Thats coming from someone who is going down to London for the game. The tie is 100% over, we need to start concentrating fully on the league.

Totally agree and we have the numbers to put out 2 different teams

Maybe spurs will play a really weak team and we'll score 5 spawny goals. Fancy Kello to take us through on penalties....

we should just play the Darren Barr crew on Thursday and save the whole first team for Sunday :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Vs Tottenham

Kello

Hammil Jonsson Zaliukas Grainger

Mroweic Robinson

Templeton Obua McHattie

Smith

Vs Hibs

Kello

McGowan Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Mroweic

Driver Taouil Robinson Novikovas

Sutton

Thursday is important.

If we get another thumping, this time by Spurs reserves, I'd have thought it could possibly make any potential foreign signings think twice if the perception of the std of football here is harmed further.

A good performance and result will restore pride and credibility in both Hearts and Scottish football.

Hibs game will take care of itself.

Time for our very large squad to get used though.

Thursday is important.

If we get another thumping, this time by Spurs reserves, I'd have thought it could possibly make any potential foreign signings think twice if the perception of the std of football here is harmed further.

A good performance and result will restore pride and credibility in both Hearts and Scottish football.

Hibs game will take care of itself.

Time for our very large squad to get used though.

No it won't. Victory against Spurs' reserves in a dead rubber would have no resonance or significance whatsoever.

No it won't. Victory against Spurs' reserves in a dead rubber would have no resonance or significance whatsoever.

Ok then.

Getting humped by Spurs reserves will not make us look even worse either I suppose?

We can agree to disagree.

Gregory House M.D.

Ok then.

Getting humped by Spurs reserves will not make us look even worse either I suppose?

We'd be fielding reserves too though... Whats your point?

Record books will show that it will be Tottenham Hotspur FC, not there reserves or u19s.

Tommy Wiseau

The last thing we should be doing is ruining kids' confidence by putting them in against that team imo. There's giving them the good experience and I would usually be all for it, but that would just be sadistic.

As Gambo says, Sunday will take care of itself with Lockie in the dressing room.

Ok then.

I don't think it's a game whose outcome will attract much comment either way, unless we achieve the impossible or ship more than about five. It's always difficult to read anything into the result of this kind of match. You almost wish there was a "fold" option so neither team had to actually go through with it.

Sorry if I appeared a bit snotty.

chrissyd2003

i hope he has eyes on the hibs game, if its a bad result he will have the fans on his back as well as the owner...

I don't think it's a game whose outcome will attract much comment either way, unless we achieve the impossible or ship more than about five. It's always difficult to read anything into the result of this kind of match. You almost wish there was a "fold" option so neither team had to actually go through with it.

We need to remember that it CAN'T be Spurs under 19's we play, they can only select from their squad submitted to UEFA before the 1st match.

It's a good opportunity to give a few a game and a chance for them to win a 1st team place.

Novikovas, Johnsson, Skacel, should all start. Another match for Driver too. The more games he gets the better.

The next game is the most important one at this point in time. A weakend team at WHL is gonna get a ******* hiding off 'Arrys youngsters.

Record books will show that it will be Tottenham Hotspur FC, not there reserves or u19s.

So it would have the status of our second leg draw against PSG or our second leg win against Zagreb a couple of years ago - which is what exactly? Much weeteam thinking going on in this thread. What next - the fecking DVD?

So it would have the status of our second leg draw against PSG or our second leg win against Zagreb a couple of years ago - which is what exactly? Much weeteam thinking going on in this thread. What next - the fecking DVD?

Understand your point of view, but playing young laddies could be v v bad. A serious humping is not gonna help them.

There are members of our 1st team squad who should play and get a chance to prove they should be in the team every week.

A good result will give us more confidence for Hibs game too.

Maybe giving 1 or 2 of the youngsters a game might be an idea. Looking at Dennis today, he could maybe compete physically.

Also gives Paulo an opportunity to try different formation/tactics too.

I for 1 hope we go there and win. Show themselves that they can play at that level.

shaun.lawson

I agree. Personally, especially if you compare it with those of Dundee United or Aberdeen, I find our historical record in European competition hugely disappointing. We've never knocked out a truly top class side; we've only ever really had one sustained run, in 1988/9.

Yes, we've had a good number of notable one-off victories - but virtually all in ties we went on to lose. Even Basel, still routinely feted on here seven years on, was part of a group stage campaign which they qualified from, and we were eliminated from. In that sense, Anatoly Byshovets was quite correct in telling our players that night that they hadn't achieved anything yet.

And more than that: imagine we were playing a standard, 90 minute game against class opponents. If we were 5-0 down at half time, and ended up losing, say, 6-2, would we go on for months afterwards about winning the second half 2-1? No? So what's the difference here? It is very, very small time, as you say.

drumie jambo

V the mankys kello

Hamill Jonsson Mcgowan Grainger

Templeton Pyrnchenko Robinson Novikovas

Stevenson

Sutton

Subs:MacDonald Mrowiec Black Skacel S Elliot Obua Smith

Put the shiters right up them with our speed and movement

Understand your point of view, but playing young laddies could be v v bad. A serious humping is not gonna help them.

There are members of our 1st team squad who should play and get a chance to prove they should be in the team every week.

A good result will give us more confidence for Hibs game too.

Maybe giving 1 or 2 of the youngsters a game might be an idea. Looking at Dennis today, he could maybe compete physically.

Also gives Paulo an opportunity to try different formation/tactics too.

I for 1 hope we go there and win. Show themselves that they can play at that level.

I haven't suggested that anywhere, though, and I don't think it would be a good idea either. My entire input on this thread has been concerned with the (in my view ludicrous) notion that victory over the weakest team Spurs could put out would have any significance at all.

I haven't suggested that anywhere, though, and I don't think it would be a good idea either. My entire input on this thread has been concerned with the (in my view ludicrous) notion that victory over the weakest team Spurs could put out would have any significance at all.

The idea we concentrate on Sunday either means we field a weakened side ourselves, or.......?!

Whether winning has any significance at all isn't really important. It's a game we have to play and therefore should try and win.

Its a strange situation to be in and far far from ideal.

I hope we get some great individual performances from fringe players who show a desire to get in the team week in week out.

Just wondering people's thoughts about the up and coming game on Thursday and then the Derby.

Don't get me wrong I want to see an improved performance on Thursday and also for the fans travelling down, that they get to see something to shout about.

But lets be honest the Derby is the more important match.

Will Paulo have this mind with his team selection on Thursday?

Should we rest a number of players who would be first names on the team sheet come Sunday?

He has said several times that he is having his pre-season now so he is tinkering with the team to have a look at the players.

I have no doubt that he will change the team for Thursday as he is still trying to find the right blend to get the best out of the team and play his style of football.

I am also sure he will be well aware of how important Sundat's game is to the fans and the club so although he will be trying to avoid a cricket score on Thursday I am sure he will be under no doubts that Sunday is the far more important game.

The idea we concentrate on Sunday either means we field a weakened side ourselves, or.......?!

Whether winning has any significance at all isn't really important. It's a game we have to play and therefore should try and win.

Its a strange situation to be in and far far from ideal.

I hope we get some great individual performances from fringe players who show a desire to get in the team week in week out.

... we field a decent side to start with and substitute important/not quite fit players if and when it becomes apparent that Spurs are treating the game as a training exercise and aren't bothered about scoring too many, which I honestly think will be the case. We tell the players not to risk injury and to use their heads. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

V the mankys kello

Stevenson

Sutton

If there us one player that must play the Hobos its Webster.

O'Connor is their one player to worry about so we need to play our best central defender.

I despair at times.

V the mankys kello

Stevenson

Sutton

If there is one player that must play the Hobos its Webster.

O'Connor is their one player to worry about so we need to play our best central defender.

I despair at times.

Rocky jamboa

I reckon we should play our strongest team in both games. Restore a bit pride v spurs and boost confidence for the hibs game.

Professional sportsmen should be able to cope with 2 games in 4 days.

If there us one player that must play the Hobos its Webster.

I despair at times.

Agree. Webster's performance in the last derby was his best (or the best I've seen) since his return to Tynecastle. Dug his departed partner out of a very large hole that day, and I'm sure the Hibs would far rather he didn't play.

drumie jambo

Na he's not the same player he was and O'Connor is pure pish.The only change I might make to my team is play Smith instead of Sutton and I really think the Hobos would kack their pants if we started with that 11

Without taking risks with any doubtful players we should play our strongest side on Thursday imo.

This, let them make up to us for thurdays disaster!

Exactly this. I'm going to WHL but after Thursday the game means nothing, so it's all about the derby now.

Clerry Jambo

I would keep Hamill, Webby, Grainger, Skacel and Sutton for the Derby.

Paulo can pick who he looks from the rest for Thursday, IMHO ofcourse :P

We need to remember that it CAN'T be Spurs under 19's we play, they can only select from their squad submitted to UEFA before the 1st match.

It's a good opportunity to give a few a game and a chance for them to win a 1st team place.

Novikovas, Johnsson, Skacel, should all start. Another match for Driver too. The more games he gets the better.

Another thread about this..

Anyway i thought that you had to pick from a selected squad however players under a certain age are not included in that rule.. ie you have a 25 man squad but you can also pick from your youth team..

Also as stated on another thread about this subject a large defeat for our U19's would not be that bad for their development.. At the start of last season they lost to Hamilton U19's 7-0 and it gave them the impetus to improve their game and move on..

rossthejambo

IMO, the players should be fit and fine to play on Thursday and Sunday. Rest players who may not be 100% but no point resting players for the sake of it....it's not as if Hibs are any good is it?

My own personal choices would be:

v Tottenham

Kello

Hamill Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Black Obua Stevenson

Driver Elliott Templeton

v Hibs

Kello

Hamill Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Black Robinson Obua

Driver Sutton Templeton

Yes play some fringe players at Spurs, but keep it as strong as possible. Every game right now let's Paulo find out more about his team and players and will help him evaluate who needs to stay and go.

Balogh

McGowan

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Novikovas

Obua

Johnsson

Skacel

Driver

Elliott

Would be my 11 for WHL.

Charlie-Brown

You mean like how they can "declare" in cricket .... if rain stops play do you think we could still win via the duckworth-lewis method? :D

Cut The Crap

PS has been keen to stress how he's being forced effectively to do a preseason preparation while involved in competitive matches.

He should treat Thursday as a preseason friendly to hopefully help get him closer to the personnel and shape he wants to use in the matches that matter.

Clerry Jambo

PS has been keen to stress how he's being forced effectively to do a preseason preparation while involved in competitive matches.

He should treat Thursday as a preseason friendly to hopefully help get him closer to the personnel and shape he wants to use in the matches that matter.

Noticed that aswell CTC

It's a valid point but he can't keep coming out with this, will get a bit boring after a while

JamboRossi79

This and I'm going down too and still think this.

This too.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2011/08/22/hearts-boss-paulo-sergio-set-to-rest-first-team-for-europa-league-trip-to-tottenham-86908-23363110/

One of the first names on the team sheet for Sunday should be Rudi. Got a feeling it could be his day. :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

One of the first names on the team sheet for Sunday should be Rudi. Got a feeling it could be his day. :thumbsup:

Forgot about Rudi there! Change my team for Hibs to:

Kello

McGowan Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Driver Robinson Novikovas

Skacel

Sutton Elliott

Clerry Jambo

This, This and This and as many This's as you like :thumbsup:

Archived