just who in the league are we better than?

cardboardcutout

Guildford_Jambo

hibs and aberdeen and maybe ict!seriously!

I see your point - not won away from home since feb - quite sad really

are you as amazed as i am that you've not been emptied yet?

Nicholas Brody

There's a surprise.

98 cup winners

Have a word ffs!!! Drama queen!!!

some people need to get a grip we have a new manager just took a hammering on thursday so lets be honest a draw today was as good as we were likely to get, we need atleast 3 new players until we get that and the new manager gets his style across to the players there are going to be more days like today.

Theres very little between the teams from 3rd to 12th in this honking league structure.

Which is bad news for standards overall but good news for any team that can be marginally better enough over a season to take 3rd.

Even although we're pants we're still likely to be that 3rd team come May.

Tommy Wiseau

OP needs to get with the programme. You need to have a Rousset avatar to be a proper interloper on here. :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts

You and the OP are the only saddos on this thread............how do you manage to stay on here?

Over 90 mins i think we can sometimes be better and sometimes be worse with all the teams in the SPL including rangers and celtic, except hibs who we always outplay and thump convincingly :)

Guildford_Jambo

You and the OP are the only saddos on this thread............how do you manage to stay on here?

only in your opinion

Doctor FinnBarr

Thought you might turn up.

:down:

Fermit the Krog

Rangers (away)

Dundee Utd (home)

Motherwell (away)

Aberdeen (home)

Kilmarnock (away)

Add to that our European ties and a change in manager and we'd have been hard pushed to have been given a harder start.

Far too many over reactions on here. We're better than most in the league as will be shown in May when it matters.

:thumbsup:

Napoleon  Wilson

only in your opinion

Guildford, are you a Hobo pretending to be a Jambo?

Coburg Hearts

Thought you might turn up.

:down:

A bad smell always does, and this place has been honking since at least Thursday.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Jeez,

We got a point at Ibrox

We lost to DunU at home but were the better side,plus it was post europe trip.

We lost to Mwell but were even,maybe slightly better until Black got sent off unfairly and Mwell have had a good start.

We beat the Dons by 3.

We got a point away Vs Killie.

I'm failing to see this as a bad start,only the DUtd game was the real shame but we all know about our euro lag.

Of these 5 game 4 are Vs teams that finished in the top6 last year and the other a decent result.

means apart from Celitic we got bottom 6 left to play,hopefully team can gel soon and we can get a nice run going.

Tommy Wiseau

Jeez,

We got a point at Ibrox

We lost to DunU at home but were the better side,plus it was post europe trip.

We lost to Mwell but were even,maybe slightly better until Black got sent off unfairly and Mwell have had a good start.

We beat the Dons by 3.

We got a point away Vs Killie.

I'm failing to see this as a bad start,only the DUtd game was the real shame but we all know about our euro lag.

Of these 5 game 4 are Vs teams that finished in the top6 last year and the other a decent result.

means apart from Celitic we got bottom 6 left to play,hopefully team can gel soon and we can get a nice run going.

We've only had 2 games this season which weren't played a few days after Europe. They were our two best results. We'll be fine in the long run - but Mr Sergio will need to sort out the Euro hangover business before next weekend. :ermm:

Tommy Wiseau

My opinion too.

IIRC (and it's difficult with so many Rousset-avatared WUMs on the board to tell them apart at times), Guildford sits in that bit of Tynecastle at the Wheatfield that's a little to the right of the centre circle, so you just shouldn't make accusations like that.

OK, he never knew it was called Section D, but hey - every day's a school day!

Guildford_Jambo

IIRC (and it's difficult with so many Rousset-avatared WUMs on the board to tell them apart at times), Guildford sits in that bit of Tynecastle at the Wheatfield that's a little to the right of the centre circle, so you just shouldn't make accusations like that.

OK, he never knew it was called Section D, but hey - every day's a school day!

whatever

cardboardcutout

Given that we spend a lot of time complaining about the financial clout of the glasgow pair compared to the rest of the league it could be argued that a gulf also exists between us and the rest!

Yet we look no better than anyone else or if we do its marginal.Third a mile behind two ordinary rfc/cfc teams(again) is not improving or progressing and if our new manager has no money to bring in some effective quality then being better than a pish poor hibs team might be all weve got to look forward to!

Barney Rubble

Given that we spend a lot of time complaining about the financial clout of the glasgow pair compared to the rest of the league it could be argued that a gulf also exists between us and the rest!

Yet we look no better than anyone else or if we do its marginal.Third a mile behind two ordinary rfc/cfc teams(again) is not improving or progressing and if our new manager has no money to bring in some effective quality then being better than a pish poor hibs team might be all weve got to look forward to!

Being better than a pish poor as usual crappy hibs team sure as hell makes the rough times feel alot better for me.

Surprised nobody mentioned we have already beaten East Fife and think we could give East Stirling a good game this season.

Surprised nobody mentioned we have already beaten East Fife and think we could give East Stirling a good game this season.

I'm surprised no one has thought of a ground exchange between hibs and Spartans to match the potential fan base in the future.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Fairly true.

but it is way too early to tell the difference our dosh clout has over the non o/f teams until post NY.It is then that our large squad should be near unbeatable Vs non O/F as they lose players to injury yet we maintain a decent squad.

Would argue it has not been happening in the past few years but and last year seemed to be complete opposite.

But we do not have a top 11 players that are a level above other teams its just we have a near compatable 2nd 11.

Darned if I know why this has not payed off for us,I suppose those crazy VladR politics last season(rumoured)could of been a factor,to lose Kello cost us a little but the general team spirit lowers everytime Vlad politics raises its ugly head.

I'm pro Vlad till we get an equal or better offer but his meddling in team affairs by which I mean contract deals freezes players from the team etc then Hearts will never be a settled club.

Chris Benoit

This is my one problem with Vlad. Before he came in we hoped we'd be in 3rd and maybe run the OF close maybe win the cup but now there's an element of our support who demand it and aren't slow to vent their spleens when we don't reach the levels they expect.

Considering the start to the season we've had we're in an OK position, of course I'd like to see us higher in the table but we have a run of winnable games coming up and I'll refrain from passing judgement until then.

Scott_HMFC1874

What a ridiculous thread.

Who are we better than? Seriously?

Everyone bar the old firm and if im being fair, this season, we've looked on par with Motherwell and Kilmarnock so far yet we'll finish 3rd with a canter once PS gets a few new faces in and we can play his style.

Enjoy your relegation battle, more than half empty stadium and defeats to St.Mirren

:pleasingao:

Guildford_Jambo

You're not happy, maybe time for a...........................

1739661.jpg

I want to believe we are better than most s much as any one else on here, but the realisty is we are struggling just now... losing to Motherwell, and not convincing in any of out other games apart from the 1st half v Gers... We need to inprove

so if we finish 3rd, to answer your own question, every team in the league bar the two who massively outspend us.

Archived