Is it the Hearts strip buried under the east stand?

Radge21

What do you put it down to?

Could it just be the Hearts top buried under the big empty skip called the east stand, going to haunt the wee team forever.

Or are they just a single fish wee team that everyone cant wait to play full of loan signings who could not care less?

Barney Rubble

What do you put it down to?

Could it just be the Hearts top buried under the big empty skip called the east stand, going to haunt the wee team forever.

Or are they just a single fish wee team that everyone cant wait to play full of loan signings who could not care less?

Hope its both those things tbh but probably its just the latter always has been really !

I'm 30 and I cant recall Hibs ever being anything other than utter horse shit

Lol, A truer word has never been said!

Managed by a succession of cheap options who couldn't give a toss about them, supported by without a shadow of a doubt the most cretinous, most gullible support in Scotland, and managed by a board who care more about spreadsheets and paying themselves well above the going rate.

I doubt a lovely Hearts strip could do as much damage as their unprofessional journeymen, Lolderwood and Petrie are doing to their club...I'd say it seems obvious they don't like sitting above it but then, even that's not strictly true, as the rest of their lego stands are equal sparse on match day.....

While this is true, it's great fun noising them up by suggesting they were playing "with flair" until the top was put there. :whistling:

You wouldn't believe how easy it is to have them foaming at the mouth, and desperate to blame their "downfall" on absolutely anything other than the fact they're crap! :unsure:

I even had one (admittedly drunk) wondering if there were ex-miners in the Hibs support, who could tunnel in under the stand and remove the top! :blink:

It's small minded, it's petty, it's vindictive, hell, some would say it's downright nasty - but fek it - I'm having hours of fun! :D

Victor Meldrew

I was thinking about this just yesterday.

Whenever confronted by the facts (i.e. that they are p!$h and have been for as long as anyone can remember) they tend to fall back on two things: (1) the 0-7 game; and (2) their European record. Both of these were before my time. I am now 36 years old.

I started supporting HMFC in 1985, at which time we were already in the 17 in a row run. Apart from two isolated periods (one or two seasons under McLeish, and one season under Mowbray) we have always owned the Tramps, which got me thinking: how old do you have to be to remember them actually having the upper hand?

Buffalo Bill

Apart from two isolated periods (one or two seasons under McLeish, and one season under Mowbray) we have always owned the Tramps, which got me thinking: how old do you have to be to remember them actually having the upper hand?

Even then, Monkey Heid only beat us once in 04/05 and twice in 05/06.

Yet, we also beat them once in 04/05 and utterly destroyed them three times in 05/06.

The Fat Finn got the better of Csaba in 08/09 but we still pumped them out of the Scottish Cup on their own patch.

Jam Tarts 1874

I was thinking about this just yesterday.

Whenever confronted by the facts (i.e. that they are p!$h and have been for as long as anyone can remember) they tend to fall back on two things: (1) the 0-7 game; and (2) their European record. Both of these were before my time. I am now 36 years old.

I started supporting HMFC in 1985, at which time we were already in the 17 in a row run. Apart from two isolated periods (one or two seasons under McLeish, and one season under Mowbray) we have always owned the Tramps, which got me thinking: how old do you have to be to remember them actually having the upper hand?

Over 45.

A good song/chant about this Famous Hearts Strip just to remind the ########## every time we play them would be fantastic.

I will start;

We buried a strip

It makes you play shit

its a 110 in a row.

Any more ideas gratefully recieved.

I started going in 1970, which wasn't a propitious time to embark on a Hearts-supporting career. Throughout that decade, I became accustomed to our being the poor relations. Even today, after all that has changed since the 1970s, I approach derbies with a completely irrational sense of foreboding. I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. Maybe the apprehension even makes our frequent derby wins all the sweeter.

The hobos have never beaten us once since their sticklebrick stand went up so maybe the young lass who buried it their also put a wee spell on it.MAY 2009 was the last time they managed to beat us .

Tell all the hibs u know,that u canny beat us and u know.

We are better than u and u all make us spew,cos u canny beat us and u know.whistling.gif

cantleyzonehmfc

my hate for hibs grows and grows with each passing day , my father brought me up that way and long may it continue , im fast approaching 30 and in my lifetime we have had nothing but utter dominance over those filthy fag ends , my blood boils when i get into debates about hearts and hibs and i just fecking luv it and i wouldnt have it any other way...friendly rivalry my arse i have nothing but sheer hatred for the hobos..roll on next sunday tell aw the hibs you know !!!!!!!!! FTH

I started going in 1970, which wasn't a propitious time to embark on a Hearts-supporting career. Throughout that decade, I became accustomed to our being the poor relations. Even today, after all that has changed since the 1970s, I approach derbies with a completely irrational sense of foreboding. I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. Maybe the apprehension even makes our frequent derby wins all the sweeter.

Toally agree, the 70s were the pits for Hearts, in general. I have this irrational fear of Hibs becoming top dogs again. :rolleyes:

Being unoriginal in thought and action,

It is very likely that if we build a new stand or stadium

That the unmentionables will attempt

To place a snotty green rag under said construction.

Of course as is their custom, they will almost certainly fail.

Hibs had a truely great team in the Seventies. A team which could have won the league, had they not sold almost all of them in an 18th month spell. Blackley, Brownlie, Stanton, Cropley, Duncan, Gordon, Edwards. A crop of really good players that we just couldnt match for quite a few years.

Since then, and thats a period getting on for 35 years now, a handful of games apart, we have completely and utterly dominated them. The domination started the day Robbo made his derby debut and hasnt even looked like ending since then. I doubt the strip under the stand at ER has a lot to do with it, I'm more inclined to think its the pyschological legacy left by the wee fat striker and I reckon its got quite a bit of mileage left in it yet.

Victor Meldrew

It is funny how by and large they seem psychologically incapable of dealing with the derby. Even when they had a good patch under McLeish, (I think we only won 1 in 12, or something like that) they weren't able to get over the whole derby 'hoodoo' that they seem to have.

I hav toe to say that having followed Hearts through both the 17 in a row and 22 in a row runs, I would dearly love us to do something similar again. It was great to play them just knowing that however it looked during the game, they weren't going to beat us. The SC game in 1994 just summed it up_ early goal for us, equaliser for them, they play us off the park for most of the game and we nick it at the end. Priceless.

How many 'in a row' are we at now? Am I right in thinking it's six or seven? Would love to see us try and beat 22 :jjyay:

How many 'in a row' are we at now? Am I right in thinking it's six or seven? Would love to see us try and beat 22 :jjyay:

7 undefeated!

I doubt we'll do a '22' but to get it into the teens would be another excellent achievement!

was discussing this with my brother last night even though im only twenty i cannot remember the last edinburgh derby that i expected hearts to get beat, or even felt that we wouldnt win

7 undefeated!

I doubt we'll do a '22' but to get it into the teens would be another excellent achievement!

12 is Hibs Record so a thirteenth game in a row would be a significant landmark

Archived