Utorrent help

dunx747

I'm new to the whole torrents malarky - anyway have downloaded from a movie from utorrent but whilst I can view tthe movie through media player - I cant separate the .avi file from the utorrent file so I can burn to disc.

Any ideas or solutions are appreciated.?

Dean Winchester

Im not quite what you mean by seperate... They're different files.

If you right click the torrent in uTorrent then click Open Containing Folder it should open up the folder where the .avi file is and you can burn it.

I'm new to the whole torrents malarky - anyway have downloaded from a movie from utorrent but whilst I can view tthe movie through media player - I cant separate the .avi file from the utorrent file so I can burn to disc.

Any ideas or solutions are appreciated.?

Go to the site where you got the film from (I use ISOHunt) and download something called ConvertXtodvd.

Converts the file and will allow you to burn the film, I use it all the time.

Professor.Arturo

ConvertXtodvd is good if you need to add a menu to your DVD, if you just want to convert a movie to burn on its own WinAVI is probably the best, just do a search for it here. ;)

I use convertxtoDVD too and its dead easy to use.

Whats winavi like in terms of speed to convert compared to convertxtodvd?

I'd like to know this aswell, takes about 2 hours for me. Maybe my computer though...

Dean Winchester
I'd like to know this aswell, takes about 2 hours for me. Maybe my computer though...

Use nero guys. Converts and burns it. Usually takes me about 20 mins for a standard 90 min movie.

Use nero guys. Converts and burns it. Usually takes me about 20 mins for a standard 90 min movie.

I didn't realise nero could do that. You sure your talking about converting an avi file into dvd format.

Dean Winchester
I didn't realise nero could do that. You sure your talking about converting an avi file into dvd format.

Yup it can. Open it up the StartSmart and under the DVD tab click Photo & Video then Make Your Own DVD. Then just click add file, search for the movie file your looking for then follow the wizard through, it'll convert it then burn it :)

*This is from memory! Cant double check as I dont have nero on this system

Professor.Arturo

WinAVI takes around 20-30 minutes to convert a file to VOB

Archived