Skacel and Grainger

BigAlim

NextGenerationJambo

getting the ball rolling :thumbsup:

Skacel did nothing when he came on, but arguably should have started! :)

Gregory House M.D.

they haven't been moaned about yet, fire away

Graingers been great since day 1. Skacel should be starting. No complaints here.

Nicholas Brody

Graingers been great since day 1. Skacel should be starting. No complaints here.

Grainger's been a very pleasant surprise. I was more excited about Sutton but Grainger looks like a very good signing.

Skacel did a back heel, and it worked.

Spurs fans (and players) take note.

I'm no complaining.

Man of the match on that alone, ken.

I think it is. Folk just want to chat about something else is all.

fair enough, who here would do Rihanna? :woot:

Bert Le Clos

i'm guessing my point isn't coming across :unsure:

I got it mate :thumbsup:

Is Gary Locke still involved? If he is he was brought to the club by JJ. And I believe they both once ate a bad pie at Killie, so I'm blaming the famous Killie pies for last nights defeat.

Actually don't see the point in starting a thread just to tear into Hearts players myself :down:

Gregory House M.D.

Grainger's been a very pleasant surprise. I was more excited about Sutton but Grainger looks like a very good signing.

Yes, was told by a few Dundee United fans he was one of the worst they'd seen! He's been our best player so far!

Lee who?

Gregory House M.D.

Came across loud and clear.

Actually don't see the point in starting a thread just to tear into Hearts players myself :down:

i was playing the old shame, blame, game mate, what smilie would put that across?

NextGenerationJambo

I would like to like to convey my thoughts on Rudi Skacel.

I love him.

I actually love him.

RUDI! RUDI! RUDI! :pray:

getting the ball rolling :thumbsup:

Skacel did nothing when he came on, but arguably should have started! :)

The game was over when he came on so what can people expect?

imagescavt7vh3.jpg

the only two individuals who have not been singled out for us being beaten by a better team

the only two individuals who have not been singled out for us being beaten by a better team

I was trying to forget they cockney ***** to tell you the truth so bashing players that couldn't change that game is pointless mateproductenlarged.jpg

Gregory House M.D.

Skacel did **** all in the first half. :down:

Was like he wasn't there! Sell him to Morton along with Kello. :verymad:

Jambof3tornado

Grainger has made it easy to forget that Lee bloke,you know the hun fellah!!!

As for Rudi,he really should start every game and play until he is messed. He was never going to do anything coming on when we were 17 goals down against spurs,but can make a difference in any other game!!!

I thought Grainger was ok on thurs night. Hamill on the other hand, is a bunch of yellow cards in the waiting. I counted 4 times in the 2nd half where he told the linesman or the ref to f@ck off, SPL refs will have him for dissent in a second. (any excuse)

Grainger has been the player of the season for me so far.

Rudi kept the ball and never looked like he was looking at a Panini sticker, then glancing at the boy marking him, then back at the sticker.

Bert Le Clos

Rudi kept the ball and never looked like he was looking at a Panini sticker, then glancing at the boy marking him, then back at the sticker.

Correct. Should have been on at half-time. He's our only player remotely close to that lot.

Mrowiec, who I've praised in the past was an complete passenger on the night. I'd rather have had Black and Stevenson playing slightly deeper and got Skacel on.

Grainger may have played Spurs players onside for at least one of the goals.

Grainger's easily been our player of the season so far.

Am I getting this thread right or not.

Carl Spackler

Am I getting this thread right or not.

Have you fallen off the wagon in some way? I yes then yes, if no then no.

Grainger has been our most consistent player this year. Does anyone know if he has a Scottish relative, because he would be good back up to Wallace for the National team?

Have you fallen off the wagon in some way? I yes then yes, if no then no.

My only criticism of Grainger (more an observation really) is that he pushes up too high when the centre halves have the ball, this seems to be reducing the space for the winger and also makes him easier to pick up. I'm no tactician, and he may be instructed to do this but it does seem to reduce the options for (usually) Zaliukas meaning he has to turn back to Kello.

He could have released Driver earlier a few times on Thursday night in the first half.

Sorry Danny.

Agreed though, he has been our best player so far and looks a great signing.

Tommy Wiseau

My only criticism of Grainger (more an observation really) is that he pushes up too high when the centre halves have the ball, this seems to be reducing the space for the winger and also makes him easier to pick up. I'm no tactician, and he may be instructed to do this but it does seem to reduce the options for (usually) Zaliukas meaning he has to turn back to Kello.

He could have released Driver earlier a few times on Thursday night in the first half.

Sorry Danny.

Agreed though, he has been our best player so far and looks a great signing.

Yep, pretty much spot on - he has a few faults, one is his lack of pace, one is his slow release of the ball (there was one occasion in particular on Thursday when Templeton was in bags of room, but Grainger took so long to release the pass Spurs got men back and he eventually had to pump a hopeful ball towards the box which was easily cut out) and one is that he doesn't make himself available from the short throw often enough. Quite small criticisms when you think how well he has done for us so far though.

Me and a few others hung about outside the Main Stand after the game, as some players (both Hearts and Spurs) came out to sign autographs. I tried to shake Rudis hand but he blanked me. :( I even bought his Skacel 19 t-shirt.

I got him the 2nd time though, :) but it was a bit tepid and reluctant.

Ricardo Quaresma

Maybe this is why

p2005-06007.jpg

Archived