Good on you Harry -Plague on you Spurs fans

Blindheart

Many years ago I took my son to see Spurs v Liverpool - because he was 12 and mad keen on Klingsman. The atmosphere at WHL was tepid and the fans (apart from the Liverpool ones) boring in the extreme. Klingsmann missed a penalty and the result was 1-1! My son was then more able to appreciate the Scottish game.

Yesterday I was proud to be a Hearts Supporter and the atmosphere generated by our fans was supreme. The Spurs fans were predictable and for a 'top team' uninspring.

I was dissappionted at our performance but glad that Harry R geniunely recognised our contribution.

I am a season ticket holder and will gladly see our team through the rest of the season. They might not be the best team in Britain but they are mine. I am also proud to stand fast with my fellow Jambos and, even though I am pleased to have witnessed the skill of the opposition,

I am grateful that I don't have to stand with those TH muppets who have only condescension as their companion.

Good luck to those brave Jambos going to WHL but prepare yourselves for an entrance into a patronising morgue.

Blindheart

Many years ago I took my son to see Spurs v Liverpool - because he was 12 and mad keen on Klingsman. The atmosphere at WHL was tepid and the fans (apart from the Liverpool ones) boring in the extreme. Klingsmann missed a penalty and the result was 1-1! My son was then more able to appreciate the Scottish game.

Yesterday I was proud to be a Hearts Supporter and the atmosphere generated by our fans was supreme. The Spurs fans were predictable and for a 'top team' uninspring.

I was dissappionted at our performance but glad that Harry R geniunely recognised our contribution.

I am a season ticket holder and will gladly see our team through the rest of the season. They might not be the best team in Britain but they are mine. I am also proud to stand fast with my fellow Jambos and, even though I am pleased to have witnessed the skill of the opposition,

I am grateful that I don't have to stand with those TH muppets who have only condenscension as their companion.

Good luck to those brave Jambos going to WHL but prepare yourselves for an entrance into a patronising morgue.

Blindheart

Good san :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bill

The Spurs fans would see this in the same way as they would facing Bury or Shrewsbury in the League Cup - nothing to get too excited about.

Or if we faced Elgin or Ayr in the Scottish Cup, would we be in the least bit interested in them?

A few of their songs were sung to wind us up, but it didn't bother me as I know we'd be doing the same if the shoe was on (or off) the other foot.

My only concern was the terrible Hearts performance.

I found the Spurs fans completely inoffensive. They had the opportunity to really rip the pish but didn't. I was surprised by how quiet they were. Maybe that means the OP is right and their condescension is so complete that they simply couldn't be bothered. Perhaps they were bemused by the ease with which their team cruised past us in its first competitive outing of the season. Or maybe they were all London luvvies up for the Festival who got lost on their way to the Traverse.

I am grateful that I don't have to stand with those TH muppets who have only condescension as their companion.

Blindheart

WALOB

Spurs mean virtually nothing to me. Other than the fact that Dave Mackay played for them.

I'd far rather be involved with a proper club like Derby County than a silly second rate EPL side who have to tolerate living in the shadow of their bigger, far more succesful London rivals.

I'm looking forward to my stadium tour of the Emirates on Wednesday afternoon. A proper English club with a legitimate right to challenge others as one of the worlds greatest clubs.

Spurs?

Pffft.

Gregory House M.D.

I'm sure a Spurs fan at the likes of Hearts vs St Mirren would be equally bemused.

Yes Spurs Vs Liverpool is completely comparable to Hearts Vs St. Mirren... Try Hearts Vs Celtic.

Spurs mean virtually nothing to me. Other than the fact that Dave Mackay played for them.

I'd far rather be involved with a proper club like Derby County than a silly second rate EPL side who have to tolerate living in the shadow of their bigger, far more succesful London rivals.

I'm looking forward to my stadium tour of the Emirates on Wednesday afternoon. A proper English club with a legitimate right to challenge others as one of the worlds greatest clubs.

Spurs?

Pffft.

:lol:

Did you actually say that with a straight face?

Brilliant.

Owned by an American

Stadium sponsored by Arabs

Shirts sponsored by Arabs

Managed by a Frenchman

And what 2 English first team players.

Spurs

owned by the English National Investment Co

Play at White Hart Lane

Shirts sponsored by an English Co (Autonomy)

Managed by an Englishman

Crouch, Defoe, Jenas, Walker, King, Dawson, Lennon, Huddlestone all full ENGLAND internationals

Shall i go on?

P.S They are not even from North London...

shaun.lawson

:Agree: :Agree: :Agree:

Arsenal. The original Franchise FC. :down:

Brilliant.

Owned by an American

Managed by a Frenchman

Spurs

Play at White Hart Lane

Managed by an Englishman

Crouch, Defoe, Jenas, Walker, King, Dawson, Lennon, Huddlestone all full ENGLAND internationals

Shall i go on?

If all of that comforts you as you look upon Arsenals history in comparison with 'spurs' then fair play to you.

I don't think anyone (other than your ilk) is in any doubt as to which club is the more succesful & recognised English, established club.

PS - I never claimed Arsenal were a North London club. So wind your kneck in sweetheart.

If all of that comforts you as you look upon Arsenals history in comparison with 'spurs' then fair play to you.

I don't think anyone (other than your ilk) is in any doubt as to which club is the more succesful & recognised English, established club.

PS - I never claimed Arsenal were a North London club. So wind your kneck in sweetheart.

Woolwich Wanderers - about as English as PSG.

I never said they were not more successful (except in Europe of course which as we know is all that matters these days) & i couldn't give a toss.

Two bob club, one bob fans.

shaun.lawson

Of course Arsenal are a bigger club than Tottenham: that's obvious. However, for the record, as recently as 20 years ago, there wasn't a cigarette paper between them in terms of size. What Arsenal had done in terms of league titles (though, one extraordinary one-off campaign apart, almost nothing at all for almost a 40 year period until the late 80s), Spurs had more than matched in terms of Cups and European trophies. Indeed, at that point, in terms of consistency, Spurs were comfortably England's second most successful club in European competition.

What happened then? Irving Scholar happened: he wrecked that club, at a catastrophic time: right when football was starting to change out of all recognition. Spurs almost went bankrupt, spent the next decade and more trying to catch up, and to make matters worse, Arsenal both lucked out on the man who proved himself, pound for pound, the best manager in the world, and stole their great rivals' clothes into the bargain.

Nowadays, we start most seasons assuming Arsenal must finish in the top four again. That's almost entirely down to Wenger - and even though he's lost it lately, the legacy he's left there is incredible. But that Spurs' fanbase, both in England and throughout the world, is as huge as it remains, is testament to how big they still are. Finally, they've got their act together over the past couple of years or so; and if Arsenal slip, Spurs will at last overtake them again.

Doesn't matter that they've not won the title since 1961: it's essentially impossible for a club of even Spurs' size to win it now anyway. Like Arsenal, they're a major, major club, and always will be.

Spurs remind me of Hibernian in a footballing sense.

In the shadow of their vastly superior neighbours, but are managing to cobble together a bit of good form against them, whilst they're in a transitional period.

Excellent post if i may say so.

If success is the sole measure of a club's Englishness, then Man U & Liverpool are the most English of all.

By the same token, that by definition means that the OF are more 'Scottish' than Hearts?

shaun.lawson

Football is cyclical - and nothing lasts forever. Scottish Cup trophy droughts excepted, that is. :)

So you are as much of a Goon as a Jambo i take it?

Never could understand people that support two teams.

One flew over

Blindheart

I love Hearts as I do my wife, OK she is no super model and can be a right pain in the arse at times but she is my wife and I love her despite her faults because the good times always out weigh the bad, mon the Hearts

Neither can I. You've made an assumption there.

I do like Arsenal though.

shaun.lawson

Hmph. You were doing so well until then too! :lol:

(I'm also a Norwich fan).

It was going so well with you and Shaun :lol:

Excellent post if i may say so.

If success is the sole measure of a club's Englishness, then Man U & Liverpool are the most English of all.

By the same token, that by definition means that the OF are more 'Scottish' than Hearts?

Clubs as massive as Hearts don't try to pass themselves off as a club with a certain nationality.

We're an international club.

:verysmug:

Hmph. You were doing so well until then too! :lol:

(I'm also a Norwich fan).

Norwich are not the Goons so it doesn't count.

Neither can I. You've made an assumption there.

I do like Arsenal though.

Nobody is perfect fella.

(except me of course)

:whistling:

Coburg Hearts

I have always preferred Tottenham Hotspur over Arsenal. Perhaps it has something to do with Dave Mackay and perhaps it has something to do with hibs...................I dislike teams who play with coloured tops and white sleeves. When did logic ever come into football thinking? :)

Anyway, good luck to Spurs this season, excluding next Thursday of course.

Nobody is perfect fella.

(except me of course)

:whistling:

It's just the whole club.

They just captivate me.

Spurs remind me of Hibernian in a footballing sense.

In the shadow of their vastly superior neighbours, but are managing to cobble together a bit of good form against them, whilst they're in a transitional period.

first english team to win two european cups was spurs

The Asian Premiership sold it's sole. It is everything that is wrong with modern football.

The English fans dont matter to the owners. The only important ones are the 3 billion Asians.

I feel sorry for the true fans in England.And I fear for the clubs as when the Asian billionnairs get bored (which they will) every single club is ######. Enjoy it while you can Alfie mate as it's all going to go tits up very soon.

Spurs like every other Asian Premiership club is bent over pants down and has a 50" dildo rammed right up them by some Asian guy that has no clue what real football is.

And i'd take Spurs over Arsenal any day. I have despised Arsenal since that 24 carrot bellend Ian Wright played for them.Arsenal will struggle to finish top 5 this year.

Harry is a money grabbing tax thief. When he dodges taxes he steals from the people. The amount he stole at the most conservative estimate could have payed for a nurse, teacher, fireman etc.

SHAME ON YOU HARRY

I love Hearts as I do my wife, OK she is no super model and can be a right pain in the arse at times but she is my wife and I love her despite her faults because the good times always out weigh the bad, mon the Hearts

Was there a big crowd on Thuirsday watching her get pumped?

J Cheever Loophole

And i'd take Spurs over Arsenal any day. I have despised Arsenal since that 24 carrot bellend Ian Wright played for them.Arsenal will struggle to finish top 5 this year.

My hatred of Arsenal is older than yours ILH and has been breathing and seething since that wee sqeakie beakie voiced baw bag that was Alan Ball played for them.

smugqq.png

Coburg Hearts

Harry is a money grabbing tax thief. When he dodges taxes he steals from the people. The amount he stole at the most conservative estimate could have payed for a nurse, teacher, fireman etc.

SHAME ON YOU HARRY

I love 'Arry, he is one of the real characters still left in the game, but going by the above it seems he should have been an MP too. :geek:

Innocent until proved guilty is what I say, so has he been found guilty in a court of law?

Brilliant.

Owned by an American

Managed by a Frenchman

Spurs

Play at White Hart Lane

Managed by an Englishman

Shall i go on?

You forgot Spurs playing in the same kit as England

Personally I quite like Arsenal precisely because they're the least English team in England.

But each to their own

or 'vive la difference' as the say at the Emirates

This

Was there a big crowd on Thuirsday watching her get pumped?

:P

I found the Spurs fans completely inoffensive. They had the opportunity to really rip the pish but didn't. I was surprised by how quiet they were. Maybe that means the OP is right and their condescension is so complete that they simply couldn't be bothered. Perhaps they were bemused by the ease with which their team cruised past us in its first competitive outing of the season. Or maybe they were all London luvvies up for the Festival who got lost on their way to the Traverse.

Good post.

And worth remembering that though the quality of our football is rubbish, we still have the best arts festival in the world. Yes, the world.

I love 'Arry, he is one of the real characters still left in the game, but going by the above it seems he should have been an MP too. :geek:

Innocent until proved guilty is what I say, so has he been found guilty in a court of law?

Not long now

Brilliant.

Owned by an American

Managed by a Frenchman

Spurs

Play at White Hart Lane

Managed by an Englishman

Shall i go on?

Great reply that man!!!!

Diadora Van Basten

Thought that Harry Redknapp was very good last night especially when Radio Scotland invited him to stick the boot into Hearts.

Instead he pointed out the huge difference in wages paid to the players and praised the Hearts fans leaving Radio Scotland :seething:

Archived