After Half-Time

N User

THAT was how we should have came out in the first half.

We took the game to them until goal #4 was scored.

Gomes was on the ropes (can't believe SuperBrad was on the bench) and I can't believe we didn't pressure him more.

Let's not judge the players ability on last nights performance - they were always going to be outdone.

Bottle and attitude is something we can judge though and I am pleased with a number of attitudes.

Andy Driver looked really up for it. Sharp, hard working and more importantly - not afraid to get stuck in.

Stevenson gave absolute no respect to them the whole night and I now see him as one of the first names on the team sheet.

Sutton - who has lacked a physical presence so far- was winning the long balls and holding his own many times.

On a side note- found it hilarious that Matt Dawson beat Black to a header with his chest :)

MacDonald Jardine

Gomes was on the ropes (can't believe SuperBrad was on the bench) and I can't believe we didn't pressure him more.

Let's not judge the players ability on last nights performance - they were always going to be outdone.

Bottle and attitude is something we can judge though and I am pleased with a number of attitudes.

Andy Driver looked really up for it. Sharp, hard working and more importantly - not afraid to get stuck in.

Stevenson gave absolute no respect to them the whole night and I now see him as one of the first names on the team sheet.

Sutton - who has lacked a physical presence so far- was winning the long balls and holding his own many times.

On a side note- found it hilarious that Matt Dawson beat Black to a header with his chest :)

This is what was wrong about last night.

You find our player getting humiliated hilarious?

<br /><br />

<br />

This is what was wrong about last night.<br />

You find our player getting humiliated hilarious?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Oh get over yourself.

Yes i do, it was funny

Agree. The positive i took was the way we kept going. No one really let the heads go down which can easily happen during a hiding.

It shows the players have some guts.

However, every team has a spell in the match and our opening 10 in the 2nd half probably came from part Spurs taking the foot off the gas and us coming out to prove a point.

But once you are so far behind in the game and go chasing a bit there`s always the chance you`ll get caught.

In hindsight, which is a pain really, maybe we should have played it much tighter in midfield and not played two wingers? Getting to HT unscathed should have been an aim.

Buffalo Bill

I felt from the first whistle, we sat back and admired them and the vain hope that they wouldn't come forward to hurt us. Epic, epic fail.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd like to have seen some real aggression from the Hearts players; proper in-your-face nastiness.

I might've been Dave McPherson who wrote in his autobiography, that at Italia 90, Scotland beat Sweden in the tunnel, before a ball was kicked.

I think Spurs would have been more wary if they were up against Rangers or Celtic. They thought we were a wee team, they were totally relaxed, and it showed. Our pkayers would have been taut wires and that showed.

They did keep going. Maybe we were undone because we tried to play football against a better team. The new manager doesn't know how to try and stifle teams and lower the game to the usual level, I suppose. Whatever we did, we would lose.

With all due respect to everyone shouting for us to get stuck in and show aggression(which is a basic for me in any case) you also have to be good enough to get close to do it. It`s not so easy against far superior opposition who have superb movement and are a step ahead mentally.

Even when we did raise it a bit in the 2nd half, how many times did we still get caught on the break or seemingly fail to close down space? They had players on the move constantly and their timing was impeccable.

I felt from the first whistle, we sat back and admired them and the vain hope that they wouldn't come forward to hurt us. Epic, epic fail.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd like to have seen some real aggression from the Hearts players; proper in-your-face nastiness.

I might've been Dave McPherson who wrote in his autobiography, that at Italia 90, Scotland

beat Sweden in the tunnel, before a ball was kicked.

Did we lose against Costa Rica in the tunnel

Buffalo Bill

Did we lose against Costa Rica in the tunnel

No. We lost weeks before.

Remember at the time, we only had to turn up to beat them.

if matt dawson was playing then we need to make a complaint to uefa and get spurs kicked out of europa league, group stages here we come guys :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fair point we only lost the 2 goals in the second half, a tiny fault in your observation was they did hook several of there top players in the second half.

Job was done by then i reckon.

With all due respect to everyone shouting for us to get stuck in and show aggression(which is a basic for me in any case) you also have to be good enough to get close to do it. It`s not so easy against far superior opposition who have superb movement and are a step ahead mentally.

Even when we did raise it a bit in the 2nd half, how many times did we still get caught on the break or seemingly fail to close down space? They had players on the move constantly and their timing was impeccable.

Tight pitch, 100% enthusiasm from the fans, get stuck in - everything ready to unsettle Spurs - what did we do? - we sat back and waited for the inevitable.

Where was our fighting spirit? Agree we never were going to win, but we could have put up a fight and gave them a fright - as shown by our spell early in the second half........

And how will we feel about these supermen when they get trounced by Man U?

Independence

Tight pitch, 100% enthusiasm from the fans, get stuck in - everything ready to unsettle Spurs - what did we do? - we sat back and waited for the inevitable.

Where was our fighting spirit? Agree we never were going to win, but we could have put up a fight and gave them a fright - as shown by our spell early in the second half........

That they have been trounced by the best team in Europe, just as we got trounced by one of the best teams in Europe ! Anyway Spurs can take something from the game against Man Utd.

winston churchill

Les Dawson could beat Black to a headed ball!!!

Watching him try and boot the spurs players was a hoot.

He just bounced off them :lol:.

Thunderstruck

Watching him try and boot the spurs players was a hoot.

He just bounced off them :lol:.

He certainly bounced off Kaboul's straight leg with studs showing "tackle". The sort of tackle we are told is a straight red under the modern rules of the game. I'm sure that was hilarious.

Do you think Hearts could have kept that up for 90 minutes? We don`t have the conditioning or ability to and that`s where it comes back to being good in possession to take a bit heat off yourself....It`s very, very hard to chase the ball all night....

Archived