PERSPECTIVE

Armageddon

Our team was made up of free agents and former academy players, those that weren't were signed for the combined total of ?80,000 in transfer fees. They've got individual players that earn more than our squad, and have vastly superior resources.

In perspective everyone will have forgotten about this in a few weeks.

I've seen Hearts concede 5 goals against Falkirk and Hibs.

Artmedia Bratislava.

We got a proper doing but these things happen. We all know we're basically shit but we're still probably better than 37 other teams in the four Scottish divisions. We probably feel a bit down about it as we'd all rightly got caught up in the event, only for it to look disastrous after a few minutes.

Their first goal was a little lucky (and due in no small part to Zaliukas), a double deflection taking it into the path of their striker. Had we held out for even another 15 minutes, yeah it was theoretically possible, then perhaps we could have made more of a show of it.

Either way, we got pumped fair and square but have a chance to put some of that right next week where a competent performance will hopefully restore a bit of pride. Well played Spurs, will watch their Man Utd game with interest.

Gomes ?7.8M

Bale ?7M

Kaboul ?9.5M

Dawson ?8M

Walker ?4.5M

Assou-Ekotto ?3.5M

Lennon ?1M

van der Vaart ?8M

Kranjcar ?2.5M

Livermore ?0

Defoe ?15.75M

Huddlestone ?2.5M

Townsend ?0

Pavlyuchenko ?14M

?84 MILLION

That's just the players that played.

as someone pointed out i think on the radio yesterday cost to assemble spurs team ?60M cost to assemble hearts team ?250k. the figures might be slightly wrong but should be close enough

NextGenerationJambo

Gomes ?7.8M

Bale ?7M

Kaboul ?9.5M

Dawson ?8M

Walker ?4.5M

Assou-Ekotto ?3.5M

Lennon ?1M

van der Vaart ?8M

Kranjcar ?2.5M

Livermore ?0

Defoe ?15.75M

Huddlestone ?2.5M

Townsend ?0

Pavlyuchenko ?14M

?84 MILLION

That's just the players that played.

i take it these are the prices payed? as bale, VDV, kranjcar, dawson, lennon and huddlestone would arguably be worth much more now!!

i take it these are the prices payed? as bale, VDV, kranjcar, dawson, lennon and huddlestone would arguably be worth much more now!!

Yes, Lennon signed for Spurs from Leeds in 2005, Leeds were in financial difficulty at the time so had to sell the 18 year old Aaron Lennon for ?1M.

?8M for Van der Vaart is a steal. He will be worth 2-3 times that if Spurs sell him.

Archived