If our players were in the "shop window"

beefybathgate

beefybathgate

At the beginning of the season I thing most of us including myself were really excited about our squad and chances of having a gd season. Now however I can only look at our squad and I cant help thinking how bad it is.

I am not saying this as a rebound from our humping last night its just an observation which was shown even more last night. Our squad is really poor quality and I think 3rd will be a struggle this year.

I have never believed in slagging individual players as everyone has a bad game now and then but in general ALL our squad is rank rotten. :yucky:

Last night represented a chance for each and every one of our players to impress and earn themselves that big EPL move. Each and every one of them failed. I cannot see much bigger incentive for the likes of Driver or Temps that could have been offered last night to perform.

Creepy Lurker

Pretty annoyed if our players were in the shop window last night. Even if they weren't actually playing, they should've been at Tynie supporting their mates and not buying frivolous items. In fact, even important groceries like eggs and milk could've at least waited until the morning.

Furious if true. Is this a confirmed rumour?

Agreed with all of the above. To be honest templeton has done nothing since last year imo and driver well we should have got shot when we had the chance. Though looking at the squad last night id say we need them more now. Without them we would lack any pace.

If teams / scouts are interested in our players then they won't be judging them on one game against far far superior opposition.

The fact is we have a decent squad SPL wise and one that is capable of coming third again.

This knee jerk pish is waring thin. :down:

beefybathgate

I agree will all yours replys. As I said before I dont like naming induviduals so I will comment on a few :thumbsup:

Temps - No doubt in ability but I think everyone has sussed him out.

Driver - Talented but far to injury prone.

Captain Zal - Poor excuse for a CB

Webster - No comment, but hes *****

I will stop now as I cant be arsed going threw the hole team to say how bad they are.

I am woried about this season to say the least. :down:

How did you expect any of our players to look against them? On a side note, i thought driver didnt look too out of place, if he ever manages to regain full fitness, he will be an outstanding player.

mahgrassyshoes

:huh:

That's a comment.

I'd don't like naming individuals, but I'll name four... :blink:

How did you expect any of our players to look against them? On a side note, i thought driver didnt look too out of place, if he ever manages to regain full fitness, he will be an outstanding player.

Driver's biggest problem last night was he knew he didn't have the pace to get past ekotto (sp?). Did very well at taking the ball into feet then making a yard of space to make a pass. Like you say, wasn't too far out of place.

NextGenerationJambo

its not just against tottenham, we were horrible against dundee united and motherwell and TBH weren't great against aberdeen! there is no quality in the team anymore and more importantly no fight!

chester copperpot

not so much 'in the shop window'. more sitting on the table at the car boot sale.

Aye, underneath the used dartboard.

Jambof3tornado

This is a game that would very much have put Lee Wallace in the shop window, but .............

Lee Wallace would have been outplayed last night as well. Dare I say it even out 2006 squad would have looked average at best !!!

People are slating the players....for the spl they are fine , we're not going to splash big wages so we can't expect world beaters , unfortunately we're going to have to enjoy what we have.....suppose the team secection can be improved.....but he'll work on that over the coming weeks.

beefybathgate

People are slating the players....for the spl they are fine , we're not going to splash big wages so we can't expect world beaters , unfortunately we're going to have to enjoy what we have.....suppose the team secection can be improved.....but he'll work on that over the coming weeks.

Please tell me how the players are "fine" for the SPL? They are rank ATM :verymad:

JamboAberdeen

Kello maybe?

He's done nothing wrong last night, non of 5 goals were his fault, despite being totally unprotected.

NextGenerationJambo

surely if hearts are expected to achieve at least 3rd most seasons then we should have a squad with enough quality to at least compete in Europe!

beefybathgate

To many first division players in an spl side

This :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts

My hobometer is rarely wrong and it's off the scale regarding the OP. A stick-on Hobo.

Archived