Mr Romanov

boy_in_maroon

boy_in_maroon

Now that the dust has settled over Tynecastle, will Mr Romanov now stop all the "Hearts should win the premier league, oh and the champions league, glad that he was present last night to witness the gulf between major league football and the toytown football that we (Hearts) are involved in,

If Mr Romanov has serious ambitions about taking Hearts to another level then last night was an example of how far, not just Hearts are, but the whole of Scottish football is lagging behind, ok serious money has been spent to build spurs up to the level that we witnessed last night, but that is a team that will do well, but not win their league.

Point being will Mr Romanov now release funds to take Hearts up a level and show what Paulo can do? or will it be, As you were and try and finish in the top six.

We all know that success brings the crowds back, What is the price of success?

Mr Romanov,s first season showed an excellent team, manager, crowd, but its all been slowly down hill since then,

Mr Romanov, Please put this PROUD CLUB back where it belongs

amongst football,s elite.

kingantti1874

i can actually see him going, feck - its going to take more money than exists in lithuania to close that gap - for that reason - im out...

hope not

Hate to burst your bubble, but Hearts have never been amongst Football's elite. Unless of course, I've been in a deep sleep and missed something?

The Comedian

He can' t afford it.

Or isn't willing.

He could have invested in Tottenham, Chelsea or Arsenal. He bought us. He must be gutted.

Clerry Jambo

Now that the dust has settled over Tynecastle, will Mr Romanov now stop all the "Hearts should win the premier league, oh and the champions league, glad that he was present last night to witness the gulf between major league football and the toytown football that we (Hearts) are involved in,

If Mr Romanov has serious ambitions about taking Hearts to another level then last night was an example of how far, not just Hearts are, but the whole of Scottish football is lagging behind, ok serious money has been spent to build spurs up to the level that we witnessed last night, but that is a team that will do well, but not win their league.

Point being will Mr Romanov now release funds to take Hearts up a level and show what Paulo can do? or will it be, As you were and try and finish in the top six.

Mr Romanov,s first season showed an excellent team, manager, crowd, but its all been slowly down hill since then,

History shows Mr Romanov will not release funds certainly in terms of paying transfer fees.

(1ST year was an exception before the mob gather :P )

In saying that we still have too much deadwood in the squad and until we can move on a good number, it will be bosman's and players out of contract.

Mr Romanov needs to back HIS new manager but actions are ofcourse much louder than words.

The answer to all your questions is ... No

Hate to burst your bubble, but Hearts have never been amongst Football's elite. Unless of course, I've been in a deep sleep and missed something?

World Champions 1902, Since then we've had a bit of a dry spell when it comes to global domination.

Walter Bishop

Did he actually ever say we would the champions league? What is wrong is people like yourself want to compare Hearts and Scottish football to England, why?

Our squad is strong enough to compete in our own league and that`s how it should be.

Italian Lambretta

I wonder if the 2006 team would have got close to Spurs last night. The sad reality is the 2006 team may have been able to compete at Tynie but would have lost over the 2 legs. But the cost of the 2006 team is partly the reason we are in the brown stuff. Not much of Vlad sanctioning a budget for that again.

Paulo may be the first Hearts manager under the Romanov era to walk away.

Scottish football is caught in the trap that really only the Old Firm bleat about. We have no contest worth watching as the outcome is largely a coin flip between the two OF testicles and the product is so poor that unlike the Spanish league nobody wants to buy it; neither the Scottish public nor any television company (the coverage we get is tokenism and little more than a service on a par with Welsh language TV).

We stumble away in our own wee murky world of Scottish football intrigue, our journeymen pros are poor, the best players are brought down to the level of the untalented by a set-up that stiffles competition and refs that offer no protection for fear of removing the "passion" form the spectacle.

The only players of talent leave to other leagues. Many thrive abroad and leave me proud watching them, but many more show that even are best are at the level of the English third tier.

Last night was a demonstration of a gulf in class. We are not alone in being put in our place. Only a few months ago Man Utd were given a similar lesson in their short-comings by Barcelona. Sir Alex publically acknowledged this although he must have been deeply stung.

What counts now is how we respond, as a club, as supporters and a nation.

The Comedian

Scottish football is caught in the trap that really only the Old Firm bleat about. We have no contest worth watching as the outcome is largely a coin flip between the two OF testicles and the product is so poor that unlike the Spanish league nobody wants to buy it; neither the Scottish public nor any television company (the coverage we get is tokenism and little more than a service on a par with Welsh language TV).

We stumble away in our own wee murky world of Scottish football intrigue, our journeymen pros are poor, the best players are brought down to the level of the untalented by a set-up that stiffles competition and refs that offer no protection for fear of removing the "passion" form the spectacle.

The only players of talent leave to other leagues. Many thrive abroad and leave me proud watching them, but many more show that even are best are at the level of the English third tier.

Last night was a demonstration of a gulf in class. We are not alone in being put in our place. Only a few months ago Man Utd were given a similar lesson in their short-comings by Barcelona. Sir Alex publically acknowledged this although he must have been deeply stung.

What counts now is how we respond, as a club, as supporters and a nation.

I can answer your last point.

With ever increasing levels of incompetence, cronyism and protectionism for the two clubs that matter in this country.

I've given up wanting better.

The Treasurer

History shows Mr Romanov will not release funds certainly in terms of paying transfer fees.

(1ST year was an exception before the mob gather :P )

In saying that we still have too much deadwood in the squad and until we can move on a good number, it will be bosman's and players out of contract.

Mr Romanov needs to back HIS new manager but actions are ofcourse much louder than words.

I think the days of most teams (not just Hearts) paying transfer fees are in the past , with the exception of the EPL and a few of the bigger clubs and leagues.

That doesn't mean that it's not possible to build a team capable of winning in our own league.

To start competing in Europe would take a long time and an awful lot of money and even then it would only take us to the stage of maybe regularly getting to the group stage of the Europa League.

Clerry Jambo

I think the days of most teams (not just Hearts) paying transfer fees are in the past , with the exception of the EPL and a few of the bigger clubs and leagues.

That doesn't mean that it's not possible to build a team capable of winning in our own league.

To start competing in Europe would take a long time and an awful lot of money and even then it would only take us to the stage of maybe regularly getting to the group stage of the Europa League.

Your right T :)

Not being funny here but it's difficult to build a side when we keep changing managers, I'm sure you will agree.

I can't wait until next Thursday has past and we knuckle down to performing in the league and hopefully challenging in the Cups :thumbsup:

What do people really expect from Hearts?

Our squad has been assembled to try & compete in the SPL, not Europe, & certainly not against a TOP side like Spurs.

Yes, we should be fitter, & our manager should be tactically more aware, but the fact remains that players like Bale for example are earning more a week than our first team squad put together.

We, in common with all Scottish teams find ourselves out of our depth in Europe.

For what it's worth, I believe last nights result will cost PS his job before the end of the season. I cannot see how he can get the players confidence back after that shambles.

Romanov was not even at game he treats us as if he sees it as a "gift" to the supporters of Hearts, it cannot continue long term one would imagine.

If i was a bilionaire owner of a football club i would have been fhecked off at what i had seen

and would have been angry but i am not so sure vlad will see it that way. If i was vlad i would

try and get into the English league, scottish fitba's garbage and last night proved it. Financially

and supporter base wise we could hold our own in the championship with a view to getting into the premiership.

Dont think any of this was on vlads agenda but hopefully now that he has seen the gulf he will try and do

something to improve our lot somehow.

If i was a bilionaire owner of a football club i would have been fhecked off at what i had seen

and would have been angry but i am not so sure vlad will see it that way. If i was vlad i would

try and get into the English league, scottish fitba's garbage and last night proved it. Financially

and supporter base wise we could hold our own in the championship with a view to getting into the premiership.

Dont think any of this was on vlads agenda but hopefully now that he has seen the gulf he will try and do

something to improve our lot somehow.

Your not and neither is our mental owner, but I feel you both live in the same feckin fantasy world. rolleyes.gif

Archived