Feeling like decent rant

TNCASTLE

After lasts nights ordure and the destruction of history in effect, I got talking to some pals about how we were going to fix everything. I told them HMFC have a bunch of real decent people as fans. Everything else in the World is wrong. I am in Dubai currently.

Discussing the riots and, at an age where all of us were chastised physically when we played up, at school, in the home and even on the street. Our response that you hear always was it " did us no harm" indeed it probably sorted us. We all recall canes, belts, thick ears and kicks in the arse. Who ARE these people who say you cannot straighten out kids this way? Have you met one? We have never. These days teachers have to attend combat school virtually and will be wearing Shell Suits in class. We say bring back the biff and get rid of the open toed sandaled PC brigade. Quite obviously the Goverment are getting serious now and handing out punishments ( not corporal sadly) that more than fit the crimes. The rest of society needs to go back to basics and get the belts and canes back out and let the kids see it is right and proper to be in fear of adults and teachers in particular.

As far as our boys go HMFC fans deserve much, much better than demonstrated over the last 25 years. The fans need to consider an AFC Wimbledon or FC United of Manchester approach and begin at the bottom of the English pyramid and make the EPL in 15-20 years. FC Tynecastle would do me......Rant over. I know what William Wallace felt like now... I refer of course to the purile shite falling out of "arry"

Do you drink much?

Im summary, you believe kids should get bashed about and be in fear of adults.

HMFC should disband and move to England to reform in the bottom tier of english football?

the thread title was 'decent rant'. Please amend.

Stewart MacD

"Bring back the biff" is not on. A little bit of the tawse did no harm,or throwing of the chalk (we had a master of the art) but thick ears and such are going too far. There has to be a dividing line.

If you need to smack your child around to get them to behave you're a shit parent.

Something needs to change to improve the discipline and respect for others amongst the youth of today and those in the future. Giving these parents, who are already unable to control their kids because they either don't care or just have no clue how to be a parent, the right to physically harm their children is not progress. These people need to be taught how to raise a child, not given permission to hit them if they step out of line.

My mum used to work in a school where a few families thought the right way to punish their children was to stub out a cigarette on their arm or lock them in a room without food or water until they went to school the next day. Don't try to convince me that any form of physical punishment of children is a good thing for society, you'll only be giving the very people you're targeting an excuse for their actions. If these people are terrible parents now, how is destigmatizing the physical harming of children going to help?

dobmisterdobster

You can't just join another country's league because you don't like the one you are in. Doesn't work like that.

FC United and AFC Wimbledon were both founded by fans who were against gloryhunting among other things.

What would be the main reason for doing the same thing? Gloryhunting! It would go against what FCUM and AFCW stand for.

Archived