Name 10 teams currently better than Spurs

RussAsia

Spurs are generally thought to be the 5th best side in England..

Obviously Barca and Real are better..

Possibly AC Milan on current form..

Maybe teams like Bayern, Inter, Dortmund..

Some of those teams arent even better than Spurs.. I reckon they are one of the top 10 teams in the world..

We got hammered.. We will move on.. To be honest i wanted Hapoel Tel Aviv from our group in the draw.. they got beat 1-0 from Ekranas.. Pity we didn't get them..

my online master league team in pro evo is better than spurs

higuain,forlan,park,maluda,stankovic,de jong,corluka,colo toure,saphic,david luiz,lorris

Pretty hard for me to judge in comparison with other teams around the world, so I won't even try. No doubt, though, they are a very good team.

For what it's worth (probably very little...), UEFA rank them as 28th in Europe, based on recent performance in European competition...

My link

Gregory House M.D.

Barcelona

Manchester United

Real Madrid

Manchester City

Chelsea

Arsenal

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Tottenham

AC and Inter are better IMO. Only marginally though.

No idea about South American football, but in England there are Man U, Man City, Arsenal, and Chelsea, with possibly Liverpool too.

Arsenal? are you kidding me on, spurs are better than them right now!

I like arsenal and I reckon they will finish above spurs in the prem this season

Gregory House M.D.

my online master league team in pro evo is better than spurs

higuain,forlan,park,maluda,stankovic,de jong,corluka,colo toure,saphic,david luiz,lorris

My squad on fifa 11 tops that ;)

Lloris

Hart

Rafael Hummels Subotic Fabio

Richards Vidic Vermaelen Coentrao

Fellaini Khedeira

Song Busquets

Ganso

Guiliano

Hulk Higuain Hazzard

Piatti Pato Lennon

That's leaving out: Balotelli, Neymar, J. Boateng and Anderson. :verysmug:

For Macclesfield Town :verysmug:

My squad on fifa 11 tops that ;)

Lloris

Hart

Rafael Hummels Subotic Fabio

Richards Vidic Vermaelen Coentrao

Fellaini Khedeira

Song Busquets

Ganso

Guiliano

Hulk Higuain Hazzard

Piatti Pato Lennon

That's leaving out: Balotelli, Neymar, J. Boateng and Anderson. :verysmug:

For Macclesfield Town :verysmug:

Your team wouldnt have a patch on my old ultimate team, sorry to piss on your parade

Arsenal? are you kidding me on, spurs are better than them right now!

I've got to say I agree!! How many Arsenal players would get into the spurs starting XI? Not many!! Off the top of my head I'd say, excluding non-Europeans, teams are currently rated:

1. Barcelona

2. Man Utd

3. Real Madrid

4. Manchester City

5. Chelsea

6. Inter Milan

7. Bayern Munich

8. Porto

9. Tottenham

10. AC Milan

Gregory House M.D.

I've got to say I agree!! How many Arsenal players would get into the spurs starting XI? Not many!! Off the top of my head I'd say, excluding non-Europeans, teams are currently rated:

1. Barcelona

2. Man Utd

3. Real Madrid

4. Manchester City

5. Chelsea

6. Inter Milan

7. Bayern Munich

8. Porto

9. Tottenham

10. AC Milan

Inter, Bayern and Porto above Spurs and AC?

Porto are a cracking team, and tbh I can think of quite a few teams that could give tottenham a run for their money

Porto are good but i still think Spurs would beat them..

Inter have went backwards so AC are definately the top Italian team..

Dortmund strolled the Bundesliga but would still take Spurs to beat them.. Dont know where that leaves Bayern..

Lyon/Marseille and the French league are good but not in the top 10..

No other league really rate a mention..

Its not naive to say the best teams in Europe are the best in the World.. The best teams outside Europe are the likes of Sao Paulo, Boca etc.. they are nowhere near the top teams in Europe..

As for England.. i think most would agree that there are the 2 Manchester teams and Chelsea ahead of the rest.. Currently Arsenal are in a bit of bother and have just lost their 2 best players without replacing them.. Liverpool have been poor for a couple of seasons and I doubt if they are currently as good as this Spurs team.. they could be we have to wait to see how everyone gets on this season..

If Spurs could add a quality forward the like of Falcao and keep Modric i reckon they would finish top 5 in the Premiership.. possibly top 4 depending on the forward they bring in.. ie not Adebayor

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Nagoya Grampus 8

St Johnstone

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Arseal

Lazio

Roma

Milan

Inter

Santos

LA Galaxy

Al Ahli

Hearts of Oak

Kaizer Chiefs

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Nagoya Grampus 8

St Johnstone

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Arseal

Lazio

Roma

Milan

Inter

Santos

LA Galaxy

Al Ahli

Hearts of Oak

Kaizer Chiefs

Forgot hamilton accies

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Nagoya Grampus 8

St Johnstone

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Arseal

Lazio

Roma

Milan

Inter

Santos

LA Galaxy

Al Ahli

Hearts of Oak

Kaizer Chiefs

grampus 8 - you like arsene?

grampus 8 - you like arsene?

Valencia

Lyon

Bordeaux

PSG

Raith Rovers

Bayern Munich

Stutgart

Schalke

Lech Poznan

Spartak Moscow

Zenit St Peterspurg

CSKA Moscow

Torpedo Moscow

Lokomotiv Moscow

Nuclear Moscow

Colorado Rapids

Pretty hard for me to judge in comparison with other teams around the world, so I won't even try. No doubt, though, they are a very good team.

For what it's worth (probably very little...), UEFA rank them as 28th in Europe, based on recent performance in European competition...

My link

Don't think that you can pay too much attention to this site.

They miss out almost all the EPL before declaring that Portsmouth ( FFS), are in at number 79 !

I think there's a degree of irony that however good they are in comparision to us, and however much praise we heap on them - the harsh reality is that there's every chance that they will in fact win nothing this year.

Dare I say it, but we've probably got a better chance at silverware this year than they have.

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Barca

Real

Valencia

Bayern

Dortmund

Inter

AC Milan

PSG

That's off the top of my head but let's not kid ourselves yes Tottenham are far far better than we are but they only finished 5th in England and it shows how much of a different level Real must be as they destroyed Tottenham 5-0 last season.

My link

And us 194th. Even that I doubt. Spurs are maybe about 15 IMO

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Nagoya Grampus 8

St Johnstone

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Arseal

Lazio

Roma

Milan

Inter

Santos

LA Galaxy

Al Ahli

Hearts of Oak

Kaizer Chiefs

I am disgusted at the ignorance of some posters on here. Nagoya Grampus dropped the 'Eight' from their name years ago.

Man Utd

Man City

Chelsea

Barca

Real

Valencia

Bayern

Dortmund

Inter

AC Milan

PSG

That's off the top of my head but let's not kid ourselves yes Tottenham are far far better than we are but they only finished 5th in England and it shows how much of a different level Real must be as they destroyed Tottenham 5-0 last season.

PSG??? Valencia??? I dont think so..

Even Bayern/Dortmund/Inter would have to be classed about the same.. i doubt any better..

Spurs lost last year to an excellent Real Madrid team.. possibly the 2nd best in Europe.. if they had got lucky with the draw like Shalke they could have been playing in the Semi Finals..

PSG??? Valencia??? I dont think so..

Even Bayern/Dortmund/Inter would have to be classed about the same.. i doubt any better..

Spurs lost last year to an excellent Real Madrid team.. possibly the 2nd best in Europe.. if they had got lucky with

the draw like Shalke they could have been playing in the

Semi Finals..

So they are the 5th best team in England and then Real Madrid and Barca and then you think no one else is better than Spurs.PSG have just spent a fortune on players but I guess time will tell if they will be better so I'll let that one slip and put Porto in instead.I think Valencia are a better team than Spurs 3rd in Spain compared to 5th in the EPL.I watched Dortmund loads last season and they are a great young side.Spurs could beat them all on there day of course but I just think those teams are better over a course of a season all just IMO.

Barcelona

Manchester United

Real Madrid

Manchester City

Chelsea

Arsenal

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Tottenham

AC and Inter are better IMO. Only marginally though.

No Liverpool? :huh:

heartsfc_fan

No Liverpool? :huh:

They weren't better than Spurs last season. What makes them suddenly better over the summer? They couldn't beat Sunderland the other week.

On paper yes, they have some fantastic players, but Spurs are classed as the "better side" currently.

They weren't better than Spurs last season. What makes them suddenly better over the summer? They couldn't beat Sunderland the other week.

On paper yes, they have some fantastic players, but Spurs are classed as the "better side" currently.

They were better than Spurs after Dalglish took charge, that's for sure.

And if were going by last season's results, Spurs should be better than AC Milan and Inter...

So they are the 5th best team in England and then Real Madrid and Barca and then you think no one else is better than Spurs.PSG have just spent a fortune on players but I guess time will tell if they will be better so I'll let that one slip and put Porto in instead.I think Valencia are a better team than Spurs 3rd in Spain compared to 5th in the EPL.I watched Dortmund loads last season and they are a great young side.Spurs could beat them all on there day of course but I just think those teams are better over a course of a season all just IMO.

Porto are good but they have just lost Falcao who scored most of their goals plus obviously their manager..

Valencia were poor last season and they have no money to make signings.. Mata, Hernandez etc are good players but i dont think they have the all round squad of Spurs..

I agree about Dortmund they looked quality last year.. They have lost Sahin though who was a big player for them.. one of their players Lewandowski used to play for Southampton and i never thought he was that great there.. a lot of their run was due to the massive confidence of the young players.. i reckon they wont do as well this year..

PSG have bought Pastore and Menez.. apart from that i haven't been all that impressed by their signings..

AC Milan i think are better than Spurs.. probably Bayern as well as they have bought well.. Inter/Liverpool are both possibly better..

Porto are good but they have just lost Falcao who scored most of their goals plus obviously their manager..

Valencia were poor last season and they have no money to make signings.. Mata, Hernandez etc are good players but i dont think they have the all round squad of Spurs..

I agree about Dortmund they looked quality last year.. They have lost Sahin though who was a big player for them.. one of their players Lewandowski used to play for Southampton

and i never thought he was that great there.. a lot of their run was due to the massive

confidence of the young players.. i reckon they wont do as well this year..

PSG have bought Pastore and Menez.. apart from that i haven't been all that impressed by

their signings..

AC Milan i think are better than Spurs.. probably Bayern as well as they have bought well..

Inter/Liverpool are both possibly better..

Who did Falcao sign for ?

As I said it's all opinions and unless these teams really played each other over a course of a full season you can probably never really tell.

NextGenerationJambo

I agree about Dortmund they looked quality last year.. They have lost Sahin though who was a big player for them.. one of their players Lewandowski used to play for Southampton and i never thought he was that great there.. a lot of their run was due to the massive confidence of the young players.. i reckon they wont do as well this year..

PSG have bought Pastore and Menez.. apart from that i haven't been all that impressed by their signings..

AC Milan i think are better than Spurs.. probably Bayern as well as they have bought well.. Inter/Liverpool are both possibly better..

how much for?? :24_shocked:

I think Tottenham Hotspur are the best team in the solar system.

Not just me then!

Think Uranus is shit but Mercury are pretty fluid

I'll get my coat.........

They were better than Spurs after Dalglish took charge, that's for sure.

And if were going by last season's results, Spurs should be better than AC Milan and Inter...

Apart from when we dicked them 2-0 at Anfield on th last day of the season you mean?

I think putting us in the top 10 is very generous though.

Who did Falcao sign for ?

As I said it's all opinions and unless these teams really played each other over a course of a full season you can probably never really tell.

atletico madrid

atletico madrid

That's some replacement for them,they certainly didn't hang about putting the Aguerro money to use.

That's some replacement for them,they certainly didn't hang about putting the Aguerro money to use.

?40M plus ?7M in add ons

NextGenerationJambo

?45m

cheers! :) when did PSG get that sort of money? and i thought he would have preferred a move to a bigger italien club or even england!

Seymour M Hersh

cheers! :) when did PSG get that sort of money? and i thought he would have preferred a move to a bigger italien club or even england!

New Mid East owners iirc. That puts the cat in amongst the pigeons concerning Platini and his ideas to quell the damned Englishires!!

New Mid East owners iirc. That puts the cat in amongst the pigeons concerning Platini and his ideas to quell the damned Englishires!!

yeah psg are now owned by mid east billionaires and so are malaga in spain

NextGenerationJambo

thats what we need! :thumbsup:

Since this season has barley got under way then you have to look at last seasons champions league as an indicator of Europes best teams, as Spurs were quarterfinalists then they have to be in the top 10.

Yes players have moved over the summer and may have impressed but you can only tell as the season progresses as to how teams have improved or declined.

shaun.lawson

1. FC Barcelona

2. Real Madrid

3. Manchester United

4. Chelsea

5. FC Porto

6. Manchester City

7. Arsenal

8. Tottenham Hotspur

9. AC Milan

10. FC Internazionale

NextGenerationJambo

1. FC Barcelona

2. Real Madrid

3. Manchester United

4. Chelsea

5. FC Porto

6. Manchester City

7. Arsenal

8. Tottenham Hotspur

9. AC Milan

10. FC Internazionale

if Manchester City sign Nasri then Tottenham could overtake aresnal and man city would be right behind chelsea

Archived