Who ? picked that team

shuggs

I hope it was'nt PS if so he knows kack all about football.

You got it 100% correct - that team was never going to do anything in that match!

Complete erse of a line-up!!!

What would your team have been?

hearts_crazy

Alright Alex Ferguson, what would your team have been then? Personally I think that was about the strongest team we could have put out, and it wouldn't have mattered a lot who we played, we were always getting a doing.

Nothing wrong with our team, they were better, end of chat. Our tactics on the other hand..................

CavySlaveJambo

plus at the home leg the whole idea is to play for a win.

Not his fault Tottenham are top EPL.

So what eleven would have done better? :thumbsup:

I do not think any eleven we have would have done better.

There were a players out there tonight that should not have been.

In europe Rangers usually play a 5-4-1 system and they are a better team than us...how we thought we could play more attacking is beyond me...was always going to leave to much space infront of the back 4.

In europe Rangers usually play a 5-4-1 system and they are a better team than us...how we thought we could play more attacking is beyond me...was always going to leave to much space infront of the back 4.

System or personnel was completely irrelevant tonight. Spurs like most teams in the EPL are on a different planet to us.

Tommy Wiseau

System or personnel was completely irrelevant tonight. Spurs like most teams in the EPL are on a different planet to us.

Correct. It's not even the same sport.

Folk throwing the toys out the pram because we got taught a lesson :Vlad-Stupid: (will be using that one a lot tonight I feel)

Here's his quote:

Hearts boss Paulo Sergio: "In the first half we played like someone buying a ticket to watch the match. We didn't press the ball and if you give spaces like that to Tottenham it makes it difficult. We improved in the second and we were more aggressive on the ball. There is a huge difference in quality between the two teams but we should have done better in the first half."

First sentence - we played in a formation that was badly chosen, and got rinsed for it.

Second sentence - given the formation, it is hard to press the ball.

Third sentence - Spurs dropped deep, our tackles got harder (not necessarily better)

Final sentence - we should of organized the team better.

Point being, here's looking at you Paulo.

The quality between the two sides were just so apparent.

From the start, i really feared for a high scoreline when they scored in 4 mins and thought overall they deserved their win, any team that went out even a totally different eleven would have been questioned if beaten by that score.

This was the equivalent of Spurs vs lower English side, who would just get on with it after the lesson and concentrated on their next match...Killie next, bet we have a bit more posession then.

Did it really matter?!

Spurs were just awesome tonight... Even if we'd had twice the numbers of players on the pitch as them we'd have still lost!

JamboAberdeen

I would have played Rudi and Eggert instead of Driver and Webster, which might have prevented 5th goal but still wouldn't be surprised see 4-0 defeat.

Just damage limitation.

The gulf in class was so huge, making any system talk/blame on single player just irrelevant.

hearts_crazy

Kickback aresholes are oot tonight

Aye, you're no ******* kidding. To be expected I suppose but still ....... FFS

Still waiting for the OP to tell us his team that would have beaten Spurs BTW..........................................................still waiting...................................waiting........................I think i'm just going to go to bed.

Aye, you're no ******* kidding. To be expected I suppose but still ....... FFS

Still waiting for the OP to tell us his team that would have beaten Spurs BTW..........................................................still waiting...................................waiting........................I think i'm just going to go to bed.

post #9

Is the OP one of those part timers who expect to win every game they go to.

st holder for the past 20yrs.

Not that count for feck all on the mighty JKB.

I would have played Rudi and Eggert instead of Driver and Webster, which might have prevented 5th goal but still wouldn't be surprised see 4-0 defeat.

Just damage limitation.

The gulf in class was so huge, making any system talk/blame on single player just irrelevant.

totally agree with you. Driver doesn't do it for me, rudi should have played from the start or even scott robinson. Obua's passing game was on a par with the spurs players he was that good. Webster is a tad slow, perhaps the manager really has to work on eggert to improve his skills

Probably about the best team we could have gone with.

Their players are world class and ours are struggling in the SPL.

Says it all really.

st holder for the past 20yrs.

Not that count for feck all on the mighty JKB.

Yeah right enough try www.Ivehadaseasonticketfortwentyyearssoalltheshiteitalkistrue.com that's the forum for you.

Hate Leeds Utd

We were never going to win this whoever we played.

We could've played our whole squad against them and still struggled.

hearts_crazy

post #9

Post #9? Where you basically contradict your OP by admitting that it wouldn't have mattered what team we played? You're knowledge of Football is astonishing, I bow to your Managerial awsomeness. Sergio is a clueless **** right enough, come on Vlad sack him quick so we can be even more of a laughing stock Sheesh!

I think tonight showed we need 2 quality passers in the team,one in defence and one in midfield. We had two wide men to use as 'outs' but couldn't get the ball to them enough. can't blame the manager for selection or tactics IMO

Who picked that team? I hope it was'nt PS if so he knows kack all about football.

What would your team have been?

Hibs.

Rudolf Skacel is CLEARLY our most talented midfielder but can't sniff a starting 11 place.

Bizarre.

He is not fit.

There were many reasons we got horsed tonight, and we should have been closer to them in the first half, but this wasn't tactical, Spurs were just completely buzzing and we stood off and watched.

Tonight is not the night to be pointing fingers. Killie on Sunday.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

We could have played 22 players tonight and still lost. Why can't folk accept that we are pish!

If you have a central midfield of players that primarily defend/tackle but they don't do that, you are in trouble.

There was a genuine lack of belief, quality and ability on show from us tonight. Even at our very very best we'd probably have lost tonight. We were rather rank rotten & got outclassed by a far better team.

Driver was woefully unfit & a passenger. Tough game for Webster to come back into and Zal was always likely to struggle against a quick & fluid attack.

Maybe we genuinely thought that we could cope with Spurs in a footballing contest. If that's the case.....we'll, we were wrong but maybe at least the intent was there. However, it seemed that pretty soon the players realised that they were in big big trouble & we just got worse.

We played a good side & got horsed. Not the first time, probably won't be the last. Important thing now is to regroup for the league games coming up & for PS to get some time to assess the squad & maybe wheel & deal a bit.

Last night was a big disappointment but realistically not that surprising. Progress domestically is the most important step for this season not beating Spurs.

Archived