A bit of common sense..

joshp

Spurs are Champions League Quarter Finalists. Their side had 4 England internationals; A Dutch regular; Premier League Young Player of the Year; And other players who are all regular international players.

They had many players in their team worth over ?10m or even ?20m.

They're going for top 4 in the premier league.

They moved the ball wondefully, and more than anything I'm glad I got to see them play, because goals like the 5th are just a joy to watch.

It was always going to be exceedingly difficult and so it was. They are one of the best club sides in Europe and the world.

On the other hand, their fans...

Alfie Conn and co. all I can say is :facepalm:

As poor as our football team was compared to yours..

Spurs are Champions League Quarter Finalists. Their side had 4 England internationals; A Dutch regular; Premier League Young Player of the Year; And other players who are all regular international players.

They had many players in their team worth over ?10m or even ?20m.

They're going for top 4 in the premier league.

They moved the ball wondefully, and more than anything I'm glad I got to see them play, because goals like the 5th are just a joy to watch.

It was always going to be exceedingly difficult and so it was. They are one of the best club sides in Europe and the world.

On the other hand, their fans...

Alfie Conn and co. all I can say is :facepalm:

As poor as our football team was compared to yours..

it's when we mention Hearts that the common sense goes out the window................Spurs are just dandy!

I agree with your first part, but the bit about their fans I don't.

You contradict yourself.

You highlight the gulf in class, which is spot on.

However, would we be as loud as we are against Hibs or the Old Firm if we were playing Stranraer or East Stirling? Nope.

Why would they get excited about playing us. Not only that, tie was over inside 28 minutes. They were hardly going to act like they were playing Arsenal, Madrid or Milan.

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight and even though my team was torn apart by the premierships 5th best side it was great to watch.

Nights like tonight aren't for the part timers, it's tough to watch your team mauled like that... but thrilling none the less.

I'm sure the boys tomorrow morning will revel in the experience of playing a top side. The gulf in money and class of the premiership is so huge now that the OF will never match these teams either... and they'll never ever be able to join them.

Nights like tonight illustrate how far down the pecking order the spl is and that the sfa must act now to change Scottish football for the better.

Victor Meldrew

Spurs were awesome. OK we might have made them look good, but as someone said, they were Champions League quarter finalists last year.

It wasn't a full-strength team, but Van der Vaart, Bale, Kranjcar, Defoe and Lennon are better players than will ever grace the SPL now or in the future.

We were taught a lesson, but I don't see anything wrong with that tbh.

the greatest irony is that a more traditional Scottish approach of going at them hard and fast would probably have benefited us. Trying to beat them at a passing game was never going to work as we simply don't have players who appear to be capable of running into space or finding a team mate with a pass. If Paulo can get them to start doing that, then I think we'll do well in the SPL.

Archived