Hearts never got started

Martin_T

Tottenham were good, don't get me wrong, but truth be told Hearts stood off and let them play in the first half. The space afforded to Van der Vaart was ludicrous (where exactly was Mrowiec?). By the time that was rectified, the game and the tie was over. The two goals in the 2nd half were both on the break. The only way Hearts were ever going to do anything in this game was to get the faces of the Spurs players, in the first half our players played as if they were tuning into Match of the Day.

The Comedian

Tottenham were good, don't get me wrong, but truth be told Hearts stood off and let them play in the first half. The space afforded to Van der Vaart was ludicrous (where exactly was Mrowiec?). By the time that was rectified, the game and the tie was over. The two goals in the 2nd half were both on the break. The only way Hearts were ever going to do anything in this game was to get the faces of the Spurs players, in the first half our players played as if they were tuning into Match of the Day.

Pretty much how I see it too.

We had to resort to endeavour as we could never go toe to toe.

After 12 minutes we were done.

Pretty much how I see it too.

We had to resort to endeavour as we could never go toe to toe.

After 12 minutes we were done.

I hate to say it, and maybe it is easy to say, but Hearts would not have lost that game 5-0 under Jim Jefferies. Scottish football like it or not, is a comptetitive, physical sport, the way we are trying to play is admirable, but is simply not going to work.

great op. if we had started the game like the 2nd half things might have been different. probably we would still have been beaten but more like 3-1 and not 5-0

The lack of quality in our central midfield is seriously worrying. We need to address it urgently or a long hard season awaits. Maybe obua or robinson could help but we need at least two new players in there imo

BobbyJenkins

I hate to say it, and maybe it is easy to say, but Hearts would not have lost that game 5-0 under Jim Jefferies. Scottish football like it or not, is a comptetitive, physical sport, the way we are trying to play is admirable, but is simply not going to work.

We couldnt even match them physically if everyone tried 100%. We were outclassed, out-muscled, outpaced and out-thought from start to finish. The gulf really is that big.

Charlie-Brown

clutching at straws martin, nothing we could have done differently ie park the bus or get in their faces would have significantly altered the outcome, we were outclassed in every department and aspect of play, this was the worse draw we could have got from the teams in our pot, good for the club financially however spurs results lat season suggested a hammering was a serious possibility!

Good shout mate. No danger would

That happen to his team

Except it did on numerous occasions against far inferior Old Firm sides.

I think we did give them too much respect in the first half, some players seemed like they were start struck at points and im sure the spurs midfield were walking for a five minute period..

Archived