The Club's Finances

sked21

Don't be daft. There are four scenarios:

1. Vlad stays and continues funding the club, slowly reducing the debt, including by moving ground, until it's gone, then sells up 15/20 years down the line - 50% likely

2. Vlad sells up in the next 5 years - 5% likely (who's going to buy?)

3. Vlad winds Hearts up and takes a massive financial loss and Hearts disappears completely - 5% likely

4. Hearts go bust, Vlad loses millions, Tynecastle is sold and a new club called Hearts FC starts again in the third division, groundsharing with Livingston or playing at Murrayfield, getting back in the SPL within three years - 50% likely

Basically I think it's 50/50 we'll go bust or carry on like this for ages and I'm not even sure what I'd prefer. But there will always be a Hearts of some sort to support. 10,000 die-hard fans aren't just going to start watching Hibs are they?

And Hearts is not the only club relying on their owner by the way. We just lean on him more than most but at least while other clubs are owned by the bank we are owned by the guy who owns the bank.

Vlad must give 110% backing to Hearts, then ...

Signed

A. Pedant

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't think VR would give a stuff if I am being honest. A part from anything I doubt it will be vlad who pulls the support and rather RR/vlads estate on his death. A guy well in his 60's and best case scenario you could hope for another 30 years.

By that logic, why hasn't he cut his losses now?

Archived