Ridiculous. What's this world coming to?

Swanny17

doctor jambo

Couple of points

1- this is not a man, but merely a woman with the tatas removed

2- much like Keira Knightly

3- Bearded ladies are common in some parts of the Highlands and Islands, and are often indistinguishable from the men

So really what we have is, erm, a pregnant woman pretending to be a man

why is this ridiculous? two adults want to bring a child into their relationship what is the problem?

It's pretty remarkable really.

I mean he/she/it must have been on testostorone tablets for years and it's a miracle he/she/it concieved at all!

Saw this on Oprah for a short time yesterday. This character says it is a man, but is in fact somewhere between the two sexes. It had its breasts surgically removed, took testostorone, but refused genital surgery because always wanted a child.

Despite having masculine urges for years never lost the desire to have a child, somewhat contradictory to me.

I do not use the term it as an insult, but cannot in all conscience classify this person in either of the traditional male or female genders. They have encountered a lot of criticism from other trans gender persons as they feel they are being demeaned and their choice being opened to ridicule.

It is a wild claim to say this is a pregnant man. It is in fact a pregnant woman who has altered her outward appearance to give the impression that she is a male.

why is this ridiculous? two adults want to bring a child into their relationship what is the problem?

Would you be happy if your dad was your mum?

Boaby Ewing

It's a pregnant woman with a beard.

Interesting to see whatever testosterone suppliments she was on didn't make her sterile, but apart from that... meh.

Hopefully they'll be decent parents. Not much more to say than that.

I P Knightley

(S)He's from Bend, Oregon.

I believe that people from Bend are referred to as "Benders".

Iv had a few people say to me that I should be more open minded, and that this is natural or whatever. But you got to think of the kid. Surley somethings gonna seem not quite right when the thing thats given birth to you is a man. I dont know its game, but im not sure i like it

Rick Grimes
Iv had a few people say to me that I should be more open minded, and that this is natural or whatever. But you got to think of the kid. Surley somethings gonna seem not quite right when the thing thats given birth to you is a man. I dont know its game, but im not sure i like it

aye, its bound to struggle having two loving parents..... :confused:

as for calling him "it" - grow up for ****'s sake.

Yeah the kid IS bound to struggle when growing up, think of the kid when it goes to school etc...... two loving parents my f****** backside !!!!!!!:mad:

The o.p. is right.... WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

Is it a him though? I mean, do men get pregnant? call me old fashioned but.....

You cannot tell me you think this is natural. To be honest, it's a complete joke.

It's the kids of wife-beating drunks that I feel most sorry for. Apparently there's one in your street ....... along with every other street in Scotland.

It's the kids of wife-beating drunks that I feel most sorry for. Apparently there's one in your street ....... along with every other street in Scotland.

What about Melbourne? :P

FWIW, I agree with haj; fair enough they may be loving and able to provide a decent living, but the values of that kid are going to be ****ed up, not to mention the hassle it (as in the kid) will get.

blondejamtart

Apart from the other issues which have been raised, my main concern would be the actual future health of the child itself. Surely the drugs which have been taken by this person (testosterone, etc) must have some effect on the foetus? Who's to say there might not be some long-term health issues affecting the child itself?

Apart from the other issues which have been raised, my main concern would be the actual future health of the child itself. Surely the drugs which have been taken by this person (testosterone, etc) must have some effect on the foetus? Who's to say there might not be some long-term health issues affecting the child itself?

1644164797dbd47423aft2.th.jpg

3288172tz3.th.jpg

portobellojambo1

I have to say I am more interested in whether or not we are going to get a manager in place for next season. And if I am honest I would quite happily accept a titless, bearded woman, if he/she was better than we already have.

Am I right to worry about a bloke who keeps this type of image easily to hand? :P

Yes. I'm actually a raging, violent paedophile, but it's a secret.

I P Knightley

Oooh. If you're violent, I'm steering clear!

Oooh. If you're violent, I'm steering clear!

Not just violent, he's raging too

:ahhhhhhh:

so we'd all better steer clear. :ninja:

What about Melbourne? :P

FWIW, I agree with haj; fair enough they may be loving and able to provide a decent living, but the values of that kid are going to be ****ed up, not to mention the hassle it (as in the kid) will get.

Yep, Melbourne too.

The point is, you should be ranting about pedo priests and wife-beating turds before you even give a hoot about a weird couple having a baby that they want.

The big question is.....what type of glasses do raging, violent paedos wear? Are they substantially different from the types the normal, run-of-the-mill nonces have?

The OP IS right - What is the world coming to.....When in the year 2008 some folk are still so closed minded and ignorant to refer to another human as "it". You don't have to agree with what he is doing but FFS he is still human!!

FWIW I don't think this story deserves the coverage it has received.

I P Knightley
The OP IS right - What is the world coming to.....When in the year 2008 some folk are still so closed minded and ignorant to refer to another human as "it". You don't have to agree with what he is doing but FFS he is still human!!

FWIW I don't think this story deserves the coverage it has received.

"She" surely?

I P Knightley
I believe he wants to be know has "he" from what I have read!

Are we allowed to choose on that?

"He"s don't get pregnant. I did science and I know that's a fact.

Are we allowed to choose on that?

"He"s don't get pregnant. I did science and I know that's a fact.

Yeah I think you can choose what you want to be known as..!!

Well aren't you clever? Glad you cleared that up for me.

Biologically HE is clearly not a man. Mentally, HE thinks HE is. HE wants to be known as a "HE". If you challenge that then it is you that has a problem, not HIM.

Biologically HE is clearly not a man. Mentally, HE thinks HE is. HE wants to be known as a "HE". If you challenge that then it is you that has a problem, not HIM.

but He's cant get pregnant :confused:

but He's cant get pregnant :confused:

Read my post again. I know he is not physically a he - I'm not daft!! He wants to be known as a "he" and I think we should respect that!

Said that 3 times now.

I P Knightley

I don't believe I have a problem. I have boundaries.

Do you think that if someone were to think he was Napoleon and wanted to be as Napoleon, you would stick him in Paris and give him an army or would you suggest some psychiatric intervention?

Read my post again. I know he is not physically a he - I'm not daft!! He wants to be known as a "he" and I think we should respect that!

Said that 3 times now.

but if he wants to be a he and known as a he then why does he want to have a baby when he's can't have babies?

but if he wants to be a he and known as a he then why does he want to have a baby when he's can't have babies?

Completely irrelevant. It's all about personal choice. This person wants to be known as a bloke. This "bloke" wants a baby. Is there a specific problem you have with that?

Going round in circles here. I just don't see the problem. Don't think it's particularly newsworthy either. I'm bored now...!!

:)

I P Knightley
Completely irrelevant. It's all about personal choice. This person wants to be known as a bloke. This "bloke" wants a baby. Is there a specific problem you have with that?

Going round in circles here. I just don't see the problem. Don't think it's particularly newsworthy either. I'm bored now...!!

:)

Ach, you young, liberal lefties. You've got no staying power for a proper debate. As soon as a challenge comes to your argument you wilt, shirk and change the subject.

National Service is what youngsters need to give them a proper sense of values and the ability to stand up for them.

(I am, of course, jesting and join you with the sense of tedium.)

(I am, of course, jesting and join you with the sense of tedium.)

:fing10:

But what makes you think I am young?

I P Knightley
:fing10:

But what makes you think I am young?

A proper, seasoned lefty (back in the days when there was a proper, seasoned right wing) would not have packed in a point of principle purely due to tedium. In fact, the lefties back then thrived ("throve"??) on tedium as a key weapon in their armoury.

(I'm also working on the principle that I'm older than average and so you're probably younger than me - that's the truth of it; the rest is just BS as I'm having one of those days...)

A proper, seasoned lefty (back in the days when there was a proper, seasoned right wing) would not have packed in a point of principle purely due to tedium. In fact, the lefties back then thrived ("throve"??) on tedium as a key weapon in their armoury.

(I'm also working on the principle that I'm older than average and so you're probably younger than me - that's the truth of it; the rest is just BS as I'm having one of those days...)

Ahh but I didn't pack in a point of principle. I made my point but was just going round in circles. You are probably right, though. I am known to have an attention span of a 6 year old :confused: I'm just a part time lefty :biggrin:

Oh and I am 25 :)

doctor jambo

"lifestyle choice" is about things like wearing silly clothes and getting daft hair cuts

I'm not sure it extends to a woman getting her boobs cut off, growing a beard and having a baby using doner man fat and a syringe

And she is still a she, regardless of what she thinks- hence the womans bits between her legs and the whole womb thing

Ask her the offside rule and find out her REAL gender

Case closed m'lud

Really who cares, the thing/he/she/it............................:th_Yawn::th_Yawn:

Really who cares, the thing/he/she/it............................:th_Yawn::th_Yawn:

Aww cheers for your contribution Speedy...!! :rolleyes:

doctor jambo
Aww cheers for your contribution Speedy...!! :rolleyes:

About as useful as yours- in fact probably more so

Perhaps "who cares" is a decent move to make as it would stop all this "look at me I'm a miracle and so proud to be weird!" celeb culture nonsense

People think fame is the be all and end all and this is merely another example

Modern society

1 - do something weird/stupid

2- broadcast the fact you are weird/stupid

3- get paid to advertise the fact you are weird stupid to the whole world

If they wanted a life with the kid in peace, they merely had to go and , erm, have the kid

NOt go on Oprah

About as useful as yours- in fact probably more so

Perhaps "who cares" is a decent move to make as it would stop all this "look at me I'm a miracle and so proud to be weird!" celeb culture nonsense

People think fame is the be all and end all and this is merely another example

Modern society

1 - do something weird/stupid

2- broadcast the fact you are weird/stupid

3- get paid to advertise the fact you are weird stupid to the whole world

If they wanted a life with the kid in peace, they merely had to go and , erm, have the kid

NOt go on Oprah

Firstly I'll apologise as my comment to Speedbump should've been a PM - there was a bit of background in that I know him and had spoken to him about it!

Secondly I have said that I do not think it is newsworthy and I really couldn't care less what people want to get up to! I'd go as far as saying I agree with you a little. I was simply upset at the lack of respect towards another human being by the word "it"

Chill man. And read through my posts again. Yawn.

If this person wishes to be referred to as male and considered to be male then I would have thought it would make sense for him to lead a normal male lifestyle i.e. if he wants a kid then let the wife give birth to it.

The couple say that once the child is born they will assume the normal mother and father roles, but is that enough to give the child a normal life?

I would imagine that once the child is old enough to understand human reproduction and when the bullying from other children starts (which is bound to happen), he/she will come to resent its parents for making it different to other kids.

On another note, the 'father' says "It's not a male or female desire to have a child," he said. "It's a human desire."

Do guys actually agree that they have a desire to give birth to a child if they could?

I'm not disagreeing that there is a desire to make a child and look after it growing up etc. but never really thought guys would actually want to do the giving birth part.

Archived