2nd phase announced

Cow

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I have just purchased a ticket from Ticketmaster with 96 pts. I think anyone with a season ticket can get one now.

Why would you think that? The cut-off point is 96, which you have. Those who have 95 or less are unable to buy a ticket.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Thought tickets go on sale on Thursday @ 10am? Not, like, now? :unsure:

Oh aye! I don't know then. I just tried to buy one with 95 just to see, but was declined.

Me and my mate will have 84 points each after the Spurs game. Anyone got any idea if there is going to be another sale after this one?

Booked up for London, so if not it will be a case of trying to get in the Spurs end.

heartsfanno1

got mines and im on 96 but my dad tried and says he hasnt got enough points although the ticket office told him he had 96 last week?

Jambof3tornado

I know that others seem to think differently, but I think that Hearts have really played the away allocation well and those that go to watch Hearts regularly are those that are allowed to go. Steadily lowering the threshold to reward those with the most points.

Well done, Hearts.

Correct. A free for all does not reward the most loyal fans!

Looks like your ticket office is making a bit of a mess of this.

For games like this Tottenham tend to only sell to season ticket holders.

By doing this both they and the police know who is going.

Yes you still get those who always go without tickets.

If spurs had asked for more they would have sold in the region of 3000, but would have been more chance of crowd trouble.

So they don't take the chance.

COYS

Thing is they haven't made a ****** up -- there will always be one or two who miss out wrongly but bar those exceptions they have played fair with fans -- there has to be some sort of system (for example all those who went to Hungary should have had a guarantee)

If I were to raise a complaint it is that this could have been done earlier (especially as fans have to book travel and accomodation) -- 106 plus points holders should have been given to Monday then down to 96 (or whatever number) today then for those with points below that number tomorrow -- bar that it has been handled fairly.

If we had just had an open sale even to season ticket holders there would have been complaints too.

I was told firstly that they go on sale to any season ticketholder from 9am tomorrow. When I gave him my ref no he said oh you can actually get it from 6pm tonight. Moneys out my account and I have the ref no. Block 37 row26 seat 169. See you guys there:-)

Funny the game last's 90 minutes, yet we all spend hours trying to get tickets travelling and talking about it on message boards, with no idea if we will win get stuffed or watch a bore draw.

COYS

Radioactive Mince

I was told firstly that they go on sale to any season ticketholder from 9am tomorrow. When I gave him my ref no he said oh you can actually get it from 6pm tonight. Moneys out my account and I have the ref no. Block 37 row26 seat 169. See you guys there:-)

Are you a WUM, Scott?

heartsfanno1

I'm 5 seats along from you!

Are you a WUM, Scott?

Nope. Didn't think I would get a ticket but delighted to have got one. Will have to try and get travel sorted now. Looking at the special train or Danderhall bus as I need to be back up early on the Friday.

Radioactive Mince

Nope. Didn't think I would get a ticket but delighted to have got one. Will have to try and get travel sorted now. Looking at the special train or Danderhall bus as I need to be back up early on the Friday.

Hairy muff. Congrats on your good fortune :thumbsup:

I know that others seem to think differently, but I think that Hearts have really played the away allocation well and those that go to watch Hearts regularly are those that are allowed to go. Steadily lowering the threshold to reward those with the most points.

Well done, Hearts.

Agreed :thumb:

Only thing I'd say they could/should have done differently was to speed up the timescales a bit.

Those that most deserve the tickets are most likely to get them, rewarding these fans loyalty.

I'm on 95 so will need to wait until my Tottenham points are added before I can purchase one. Just need to hope they are still available.

We cannot be struggling to shift the 2400 after all, as if we were, I believe Hearts would have just made it a free for all and feck the folk with high loyalty points left.

Good luck all.

It said on the website it would be loyalty points each time.

I'm on 95! But if there is still tickets left on Friday morning I should get one as my +7 from Spurs home will give me enough. Here's hoping!

I still fundamentally disagree with this system and my reasons behind it are not only from my own personal experience.

It said on the website it would be loyalty points each time.

I'm on 95! But if there is still tickets left on Friday morning I should get one as my +7 from Spurs home will give me enough. Here's hoping!

I still fundamentally disagree with this system and my reasons behind it are not only from my own personal experience.

Dont think there is much wrong with rewarding those with most points, it is the timescales and thresholds i would say need looking at next time.

It works imo just needs some tweeking.

scottish_chicP

I just got a text letting me know I have a ticket :D actually couldn't be happier!

JamboRossi79

I have just purchased a ticket from Ticketmaster with 96 pts. I think anyone with a season ticket can get one now.

I suspect that you actually have more points than you think you do therefore allowing you to buy them now.

Well done, Hearts.

This.

I suspect that you actually have more points than you think you do therefore allowing you to buy them now.

That will be why the guy told me I had 96 pts when I asked him.

Dont think there is much wrong with rewarding those with most points, it is the timescales and thresholds i would say need looking at next time.

It works imo just needs some tweeking.

Yes I believe tweaking is probably the right word.

For example my cousin works abroad (use to be forces, now a related job) has had his season ticket for around 4 years now. Due to his job he only manages to attend 3/4 games a season but has still proudly held his season ticket.

In the last few years he has sponsored two games (one his stag doo last year) with full hospitality included and does not receive any additional points for this. This is a considerable contribution to Hearts I'm sure you will agree but he does not get any loyalty points. He is currently on 75 points and looking very unlikely he'll get a ticket.

Tweaks here and there will make it a better system.

scottish_chicP

This.

Someone else got me my ticket but I have been in dispute with Hearts for about a week regarding missing loyalty points. I attend all home games and most away games so I think I am entitled to go to WHL :D

Good news for us as it means the one person we had left to try and get a ticket for will most likely get one. In fact I might even end up with a spare adult ticket now! :lol:

I think Hearts are doing ok with the away allocation. I agree they coulda been a bit quicker off the mark in terms of letting folks know the script. Any criticism I have would be the handling of the home allocation...that was a mess. Least I can now sort someone out with a ticket who did miss out tomorrow!

Has anyone received points for buying a Paks away ticket, and if so how many?

I went on the charter and got handed it on the plane, any pointa due could make all the difference. :whistling:

I had 102 points this time last week, got 95 now! Take it the home Spurs game got added on my total by mistake initially (as in should only get added on after?)

stirlingshirejambo

Good news for us as it means the one person we had left to try and get a ticket for will most likely get one. In fact I might even end up with a spare adult ticket now! :lol:

I think Hearts are doing ok with the away allocation. I agree they coulda been a bit quicker off the mark in terms of letting folks know the script. Any criticism I have would be the handling of the home allocation...that was a mess. Least I can now sort someone out with a ticket who did miss out tomorrow!

Hi 3 of our party had 106 plus points but one only has 92

If you had a spare I would be delighted should you wish to sell

If you do pm me please

Thanks

I went on the charter and got handed it on the plane, any pointa due could make all the difference. :whistling:

7 points were added to my total -- honestly go to the office and check correct points totals held -- also mention you went to Hungary and you may be surprised -- anyone who laid out ?500 plus should be allowed to purchase for London.

Randle P McMurphy

i got mine eventually after emailing them

Yeehaa! Got Comps for the away end! Got 2 already and a slight possibility of another 2! If i get the other 2 they will be made available for free so keep yer eyes peeled on here!

Yeehaa! Got Comps for the away end! Got 2 already and a slight possibility of another 2! If i get the other 2 they will be made available for free so keep yer eyes peeled on here!

I got 20 comps handed to me in Prague... gave them all away for free (A sheep got one if I recall)

If you get any spare a PM would be appreciated, I have mine but taking a friend's son to his 1st Euro tour... only has 88 points, bless him

I had 102 points this time last week, got 95 now! Take it the home Spurs game got added on my total by mistake initially (as in should only get added on after?)

I am much the same, my points were 98 but on my account there is a -7 on 10/08/11 so now i'm 91

I've already got my ticket so maybe it's not my place to comment but I don't think there can really be many complaints with the way the loyalty points have been used to work out the phases of sales.

Of course, some people will have complaints about the loyalty points process itself but if you accept that that's how the club will allocate for over-subscribed games then you'd probably agree the way this has been done is the fairest way.

Timings and maybe communicating the numbers of people in each loyalty bracket could have been improved but this has been handled a lot better than the home leg tickets and is probably the biggest logistical test the ticket office had faced since the implementation of loyalty points.

Radioactive Mince

i got mine eventually after emailing them

I'm not getting mine - effing joke!

I WILL get them. I reckon I'll just have to wait 'til tickets are dished out for this tie then they'll add them no bother.

I think they've been loathe to manually adjust too many folk in the midst of this fiasco in case it messes with their thresholds. In fact, I'm certain that sudden realisation of a plethora of adjustments was responsible for the 100pts/106pts gaffe.

I've already got my ticket so maybe it's not my place to comment but I don't think there can really be many complaints with the way the loyalty points have been used to work out the phases of sales.

Of course, some people will have complaints about the loyalty points process itself but if you accept that that's how the club will allocate for over-subscribed games then you'd probably agree the way this has been done is the fairest way.

Timings and maybe communicating the numbers of people in each loyalty bracket could have been improved but this has been handled a lot better than the home leg tickets and is probably the biggest logistical test the ticket office had faced since the implementation of loyalty points.

I agree, the fairest system....(and I have my seat :sweat: ), however, my nephew should have the same points as myself, but as I buy the tickets, he has 30 points less than me.....Due to taking my holiday at start od season and being away at initial sale, I managed to get my seat for Paksi, he did not, and subsequently got zero points..... Loyalty points are the way forward, we just need to adjust how they are applied and what for. Does an away trip to Inverness really equate to more than 7 trips to Tannadice.....Should we not count, say 1 point for ?20 of shop sales.... also a swipe card for non-regular attenders, some of whom generate a lot of income for the club.....

Hopefully this is something we can look at for future seasons...

enjoy your trip

gg

RoussetsShorts

This issue is only because we have one big match in a blue moon, other than euro games the loyalty points system is a waste of time.

I agree, the fairest system....(and I have my seat :sweat: ), however, my nephew should have the same points as myself, but as I buy the tickets, he has 30 points less than me.....Due to taking my holiday at start od season and being away at initial sale, I managed to get my seat for Paksi, he did not, and subsequently got zero points..... Loyalty points are the way forward, we just need to adjust how they are applied and what for. Does an away trip to Inverness really equate to more than 7 trips to Tannadice.....Should we not count, say 1 point for ?20 of shop sales.... also a swipe card for non-regular attenders, some of whom generate a lot of income for the club.....

Hopefully this is something we can look at for future seasons...

enjoy your trip

gg

I agree. Elements of the loyalty points system certainly need reviewed at least. The TO staff should also routinely ask when you buy more than one away ticket if loyalty points should be added to another account.

To repeat an oft-used phrase on here though, you can only piss with the ****** you've got and at the moment a flawed loyalty points system is the ****** the TO is endowed with!

Radioactive Mince

At the end of the day, all that has been required of the phase one qualifying points holders is to have a) had a season ticket each season... B) went to Easter Road every time bar one... c) attended Paks at home... d) been to both home friendlies 09/10 close season... e) travelled to Inverness or Aberdeen once a season.

Hardly Uberfan :facepalm: levels of loyalty. You could've left Edinburgh for a Hearts game only once a season and still qualified.

I expect 09/10's pts to be cut off at some point soon after the Spurs away game. Think they were going to do it before, but realised with the short timeframe that thousands of supporters would've been angered.

Gid, I'll wait till the next wave and see if it's worth going after the 1st leg.

:smug:

Well, that doesn't work for me. Yes to: season ticket holder each season, Easter Road each time and Paks at home. Plus League cup ties away at Parkhead and shareholder and I'm still one point short of first threshold. And that's after contacting TO to get missing points for a Hibs away game added.

Fair dos to those who have the required number, but the one that sticks in my craw is not getting any points for being one of just 6.5k for a home scottish cup game v St Johnstone in January. Yet "never been befores" will have 7 points after Thursday night for a game that they could have sold a lot more tickets for.

e-ticketing returning an error message just now, but hoping I'll be able to get one from Thursday morning.

As others have indicated the system is generally the right principle, but needs reviewed to reflect actual loyalty a bit better, eg. going to Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc. and paying at the gate. It also needs to be transparent, which would I'm sure have drastically reduced enquiries to the TO in recent days - you just need to look at the months out of date website page as to what you should have points for as an example as something that could be far better information.

Cheers,

Devorgilla.

At the end of the day, all that has been required of the phase one qualifying points holders is to have a) had a season ticket each season... B) went to Easter Road every time bar one... c) attended Paks at home... d) been to both home friendlies 09/10 close season... e) travelled to Inverness or Aberdeen once a season.

Hardly Uberfan :facepalm: levels of loyalty. You could've left Edinburgh for a Hearts game only once a season and still qualified.

I expect 09/10's pts to be cut off at some point soon after the Spurs away game. Think they were going to do it before, but realised with the short timeframe that thousands of supporters would've been angered.

As others have indicated the system is generally the right principle, but needs reviewed to reflect actual loyalty a bit better, eg. going to Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc. and paying at the gate. It also needs to be transparent, which would I'm sure have drastically reduced enquiries to the TO in recent days - you just need to look at the months out of date website page as to what you should have points for as an example as something that could be far better information.

Cheers,

Devorgilla.

I appreciate that "loyalty" isnt all about revenue generation, but at the end of the day, those who travel to Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc, loyal though they undoubtedly are, arent actually contributing revenue to the club for those trips.

I think people that spend money at the ground or in the club shop are equally deserving of loyalty points, if not more so.

Unfortunately, when you get to a position where demand outstrips supply, some people are going to be let down by whatever scheme is in place to ensure fairness.

However, despite all the hoo hah, and the dugs dinner the club seem to have made of it, it looks like the vast majority of people who want a Hearts end ticket for WHL will actually be able to get one.

I appreciate that "loyalty" isnt all about revenue generation, but at the end of the day, those who travel to Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc, loyal though they undoubtedly are, arent actually contributing revenue to the club for those trips.

I think people that spend money at the ground or in the club shop are equally deserving of loyalty points, if not more so.

Or pay for Hearts TV International :whistling:

Unfortunately, when you get to a position where demand outstrips supply, some people are going to be let down by whatever scheme is in place to ensure fairness.

True dat.

However, despite all the hoo hah, and the dugs dinner the club seem to have made of it, it looks like the vast majority of people who want a Hearts end ticket for WHL will actually be able to get one.

I hope so. Had a season ticket for 14 years, but not for the last couple of seasons, so nowhere near the loyalty threshold now. I don't have any complaints about that, such is life. Reasonably hopeful someone will come through for me, but as it's going to involve a 10,000-mile round trip, I'm holding off booking travel until I have one confirmed.

Looks like everybody who wants a ticket will get one, great news!

Eh not yet!

Archived