Alex MacDonald reckons current Jambos can cause a European shock just like his Class of '89

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Nice article in today's EEN featuring Alex Macdonald recalling the match against Bayern Munich at Tynie in 89,he goes on to relate how spirit and determination and confidence can sometimes inspire players to rise above fear and bring out reserves of stamina;Yes that team in 89 that night was mostly all Scots but could Sergio install some kind of mental determination to give 110% and not to be overcome with fear of the quality of Spurs;We probably will go out over the 2 legs but a dignified, battling and prideful display at Tynie ,the home of that famous win over the German giants Bayern Munich, is what i am looking and hoping for, no shame in getting horsed by a team of their quality but strength through confidence and a never say die attitude from the players on Thursday night will hopefully show the footballing world that we went down fighting and with pride;

GET IN TAE THEM HEARTS, RIGHT IN THEIR FACES AND DINAE SH*** IT; ML;

flag1.gif flag2.gif

quote;

"What we told the Hearts players going out that night was ?don't wake up tomorrow and find you've missed a good game'. Our players wanted that result. The crowd is a 12th man, there's no question about that and the atmosphere inside the ground was brilliant that night. But it was all about the players that night, we had a great team spirit*.

*Under the wily Harry Redknapp, their European pedigree is firmly established after it took Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid to eliminate them from last season's Champions League at the quarter- final stage.

In a testimony to his humble Glaswegian roots, that cuts little ice with MacDonald. He knows from experience that a gallus attitude combined with shedloads of spirit and self belief can topple even the most experienced opponent*.

link; http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Alex-MacDonald-reckons-current-Jambos.6819623.jp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24-AU9HJMmo

How come Doddie is never mentioned in legend terms as regards HMFC? I'm as guilty as anyone. He cam to us late in his career and had a massive, MASSIVE influence on the way we were turned round.

Anyway I digress, onto the main point. Of course we can win. Very, very difficult over two legs but this is Spurs first competitive outing and "competitive" it must be. The 2nd leg is sandwiched between Man U and Man City so perhaps Spurs won't fancy Jamie Hamill, Danny Grainger, Ian Black et al getting in their faces. We ALL have to get in their faces Hearts.

Zal - no strolling about like you're enjoying a Cuban cigar. Eggert - try no to take your touch then look up and pass the ball to the opposition, it has to be done fast and to us. Midfield - Get up and support the front man, whoever he may be.

Hearts IMHO will have to run further and faster than they ever have to gain a positive result over these two games but it's entirely possible. Feck me, I've got myself "believing" again. Come on Hearts!!!

How come Doddie is never mentioned in legend terms as regards HMFC? I'm as guilty as anyone. He cam to us late in his career and had a massive, MASSIVE influence on the way we were turned round.

Anyway I digress, onto the main point. Of course we can win. Very, very difficult over two legs but this is Spurs first competitive outing and "competitive" it must be. The 2nd leg is sandwiched between Man U and Man City so perhaps Spurs won't fancy Jamie Hamill, Danny Grainger, Ian Black et al getting in their faces. We ALL have to get in their faces Hearts.

Zal - no strolling about like you're enjoying a Cuban cigar. Eggert - try no to take your touch then look up and pass the ball to the opposition, it has to be done fast and to us. Midfield - Get up and support the front man, whoever he may be.

Hearts IMHO will have to run further and faster than they ever have to gain a positive result over these two games but it's entirely possible. Feck me, I've got myself "believing" again. Come on Hearts!!!

Christ, you have almost got me believing.

Archived