Hugh Keevins.

Gregory House M.D.

The black challenge wasnt even a bad challenge, it was cynical one but the outcome obviously being the bad bit about it.

Yet they peddle it like it was some horror assault that would have left Kevin Muscat sayin "its a bit early for kung fu jim."

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Frazier Wishart's thoughts on this. I assume Blackie is a member of the Union. The SPFA should use their sanction against this man and his employers by advising it's members not to speak by any of the publications and broadcast media that employs this "journalist", until this article is recanted and Blackie receives an apology.

I shall be waiting with bated breath for this.

Independence

And they wonder why circulation for these rags are dropping?

I stopped buying Glasgow run rags years ago.

I agree with Mr Romanov...they are all 'monkees'!

Snake Plissken

I couldn't even tell you which newspaper Keevins writes for.

I occasionally pick up a Scotsman if I have nothing else to read when getting on a train, aside from that I never read newspapers.

I have noticed Black's card is marked when listening to match coverage on the radio, some of the comments about him have been nothing short of ridiculous. I expect we'll probably see him pick up more yellows and reds a la Miko.

I can't really fathom what he's done that's so terrible aside from put in a few meaty challenges against Rangers players - and neither of the tackles was deemed a red card offence.

Independence

I couldn't even tell you which newspaper Keevins writes for.

I occasionally pick up a Scotsman if I have nothing else to read when getting on a train, aside from that I never read newspapers.

I have noticed Black's card is marked when listening to match coverage on the radio, some of the comments about him have been nothing short of ridiculous. I expect we'll probably see him pick up more yellows and reds a la Miko.

I can't really fathom what he's done that's so terrible aside from put in a few meaty challenges against Rangers players - and neither of the tackles was deemed a red card offence.

Spot on. I remember when Graeme Souness was the medias darling and he played football like a demented injured animal. Great to have in your team but horrible to play against. He put in some of the worst tackles ever!

And they wonder why circulation for these rags are dropping?

I stopped buying Glasgow run rags years ago.

I agree with Mr Romanov...they are all 'monkees'!

im sure i viewed a news piece that the paper he works for is losing jobs and is copying more and more news stories to be published as their English sister paper the mirror, these papers are all owned by the same as who run the scotsman, year on year circulation losses over all publications, advertisers leaving in their droves, we are seeing the death of the printed media, shame that the death of proper journalism in the written media was a decade ago, all that is left is those who will write soundbites to the big two and keep those masses happy

Keevins does not hold within his hand the pen of a skilful writer.

With questionable ideology and dull of imagination;

he is simply a visually challenged old firm apologist.

It seems that for Keevins, truth is a fluid commodity.

Barney Rubble

Keevins is a welt of the highest order his hunnery knows no bounds and his articles should be avoided like the plague .

Sandy's sock

He is a coward and a weasel that suckes the you no what of the bullies. And I would like him to know that we know that.

Coburg Hearts

Have you got nothing better to do on a Sundday ? Sad... :verymad:

Still hurting after today's result........love it.

Why do folk constantly get worked up about these articles? He's looking for bites, don't be so easily offended.

I have said it before and I'll say it again I cannot wait until the day that dinosaurs like Keevins are extinct.

I really hope that the SPFA,Hearts or Black take this fud all the way for this article.

Francis Albert

Why do folk constantly get worked up about these articles? He's looking for bites, don't be so easily offended.

There is a difference between being easily offended and simply being offended. There is a difference between simply being offended and being completely and utterly offended. I am in the last ctegory. Where are you?

It really is completely outrageous.

Napoleon  Wilson

Just to remind us:

Ian Black career red card total (8 seasons as a professional)

TWO

In the same period of time, Scott Brown has had twice as many and Lee McCulloch three times as many. Their yellow card total (which I can't be assed counting) appears to be similar/worse than Black's as well.

Top Post :thumbsup:

Have you got nothing better to do on a Sundday ? Sad... :verymad:

Yup, spent last week on business in the states so catching up with emails... managed to find 5 mins to send this. Thanks for your concerns.

Keevins was a bad joke as long ago as when he wrote for The Scotsman in the '90s.

The thing is, you can be rest assured any official can do the dirty on Black, and get the full backing of our media.

And isn't that what Vlad means when he talks about a mafia?

To think Scotland used to be famed for journalism.

SectionDJambo

Weegie hacks like Keevins are too scared to write anything similar to this tripe about either of the Uglies. They know what would happen to them. They see the likes of Hearts, as an easy target, given their already non existent relationship with Romanov, and the threat of violence from our fans towards them being almost negligable. They want readers to think they are courageous journalists, speaking their mind, where they actually are scared of going after the real menace in our midst.

This will never change. I don't buy a newspaper anymore, simply because I could see the lies and rubbish they were writing about Hearts, and the lack of conviction to tell the truth about the bigot clubs in Glasgow. If they do that on the back page, they will be doing it on the front.

I happen to think that monkeys are more intelligent than the Scottish football media. Romanov should issue an apology to the monkey kingdom.

Felix Lighter

Did Blacks reputation precede him when he signed for us?

I don't remember thinking, oh thats that Caley thug, when he signed pre-contract?

Richard Gordon described last weeks tackle 'a disgraceful,an utterly disgraceful cowards tackle'.

Really Dick, was it really as bad, do you think, as the tackles that Davis,Naismith and Lafferty put in on Eremenko at Ibrox last season which you described iirc as being 'heavy handed'?

These 'journos' have got some nerve calling anyone a coward when they refuse call a spade a spade when it comes to OF thuggery.

ps Keevins is a chode.

Keevins was a bad joke as long ago as when he wrote for The Scotsman in the '90s.

The thing is, you can be rest assured any official can do the dirty on Black, and get the full backing of our media.

And isn't that what Vlad means when he talks about a mafia?

To think Scotland used to be famed for journalism.

to think all those years ago (for me) i was ridiculed on buying the scotsman on a monday morning for their sports reports, you know when sports reports reported on the match and not sound bites with a last paragraph to say the score.

we now live in a time where media says whats happened, as those fans who go to games can scratch there heads after reading the reports and wonder if they where at the same game (yes the odd incident can be seen from so many angles, but the way the game flows), how many people do you know that will TELL you how the game was by reading about it, whilst you are the one that was there.

Black is media target number 1, he hurt Jailavic, nothing is mentioned that it was a silly challange and jailthevic ran around for 5-10 minutes afterwards black is the villain, imagine if the same tackle was made in a Glasgow derby (there would never have been such a fall out), so we have jailabiatch injured for 6 months or so, you know the only player rankers bought in, so black is evil due to him.

Black has had some very rough treatment from other players in the tackles made on him, not once has the ref protected him, he is not as the old saying a midfield enforcer, what are the views from the media of messers souness, hurlock, lennon and such like

Gods a Jambo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coUpfQKzrpU

That ******* clown wants to talk about cowards.

These 'journos' have got some nerve calling anyone a coward when they refuse call a spade a spade when it comes to OF thuggery.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Howdy Doody Jambo

Another unprovoked attack on Hearts from the media

I would like to see the SFA protect its clubs and players from these so called journalists who have an agenda to drag our national game into the gutter

What is Shoe Keevins trying to achieve with his bile ?

SectionDJambo

Would Richard Gordon and Keevins have the guts to say what they have said about Ian Black to his face, one to one ?

Don't think so myself.

The last 2 games Hearts have played at Ibrox, David Templeton has had to leave the pitch injured after dangerous challenges on him. On both occasions he was tearing the Rangers back line to shreds.

Can't remember hearing these media marvels then.

It's quite simple really, dont buy the rags these weegie scumbags spout their drivel in and they will all become unemployed very quickly.

The Comedian

Didn't Jelavic get up and carry on playing?

:facepalm:

Don't remember any of the press slating Joe Ledley aftet his shocking tackle on Black during our 2-0 win v Celtic.

No, I think you'll find Jelavic actually died on the hallowed Gorgie turf that day.

I mean I'm not sure but the coverage gives me that impression.

RIP Jelavic.

We hardly knew ye.

Another unprovoked attack on Hearts from the media

I would like to see the SFA protect its clubs and players from these so called journalists who have an agenda to drag our national game into the gutter

What is Shoe Keevins trying to achieve with his bile ?

Sook upto rangers fans and have us in a dither (is that not two weeks in a row now??)

Does anyone have a video of Blacks tackle on Jelavic? I've tried looking but can't find it anywhere.

Also, don't seem to remember McManus getting slaughtered in the media after this ever so slightly mis-timed tackle, well done Andy for getting up and getting on with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ5QuYlHrSU

Or the Hun rapist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpJOtfX0jA&feature=related

Complete and utter ******* the lot of them. It's actually funny to hear that their circulation numbers are plumeting, soon cowardly, spiteful goblins like Keevins and English will be punted out and forced into the journalism gutter.

Gregory House M.D.

Richard Gordon described last weeks tackle 'a disgraceful,an utterly disgraceful cowards tackle'.

Pretty sure that was Sandy Clark.

ming the merciless

No, I think you'll find Jelavic actually died on the hallowed Gorgie turf that day.

I mean I'm not sure but the coverage gives me that impression.

RIP Jelavic.

We hardly knew ye.

Red wine almost came out my nose when I read that. Very funny.

Felix Lighter

Pretty sure that was Sandy Clark.

Nope,pretty sure it was Richard Gordon,he said it post match.I remember thinking it must've been bad for him to say that, as I generally think he's one of the better Sportsound pundits,although that's not really much of an achievement.

Gregory House M.D.

Nope,pretty sure it was Richard Gordon,he said it post match.I remember thinking it must've been bad for him to say that, as I generally think he's one of the better Sportsound pundits,although that's not really much of an achievement.

Sandy Clark called it a cowards tackle as well.

Which, lest we forget, is a damn sight fewer than they would have gotten playing for anyone else. McCulloch's elbow on the Aberdeen player at Ibrox which went TOTALLY unpunished anyone? There was a gif of that IIRC.

No idea how to embed the GIF file, but you'll see the McCulloch 'tackle' here.

Felix Lighter

Sandy Clark called it a cowards tackle as well.

.....and? Whats your point caller?

Gregory House M.D.

.....and? Whats your point caller?

Just strange he's not being attacked for it. I'm not sticking up for Richard Gordon but it's kinda double standards.

Gods a Jambo

Just strange he's not being attacked for it. I'm not sticking up for Richard Gordon but it's kinda double standards.

I thought Sandy was a complete tit last week on the radio, his description of the black incident was laughable at best.

The talking rectum will probably be on Radio Clyde next Saturday and is usually on their phone-in after it, we should bombard the programme with calls asking for him to explain this pathetic rant, let one or two get through then the rest say they want to speak about the OF then hang up when put through, wreck their West coast crap programme

Felix Lighter

Well if he said it I didn't hear him say it,I heard Richard Gordon say it,that's a verbatim quote I posted above.

Whether Sandy Clarke said it or not is irrelevant to the point I was making re the hypocracy of the punditry when it comes to manner in which they report incidents involving players dependent on which clubs they happen to play for.

Doctor FinnBarr

Think I mighta mentioned this before but I went out with Keevans niece in the mid eighties. Her old man descibed him as an IRA loving fenian *******

:thumbsup:

I don't have the skills to edit it, but if you've not seen the challenge it's here, just after 2mins 30secs; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14439206.stm

The tackle on Mroweic about 2mins in was worse imo. Black's is a fairly innocuous challenge, it's a 50/50 ball, he has every right to go for it. His leading leg is beaten to the ball by a fraction of a second and his trailing leg goes over the Motherwell player, there wasn't much he could do about it, absolutely no malice or intent involved.

All of which makes Keevin's rant an absolute nonsense. He's contemptible.

The challenge wasn't cowardly, it was committed and Black was beaten to the ball, fair enough, but certainly not cowardly. No, the only coward in question here is Keevin's who is a liar and a cheat, a craven little no mark who has no integrity as a human being, never mind a football commentator.

He sure does pander to the OF fans - both sides. Also heard him on Radio Clyde after JJ was sacked and repeatedly saying it was a disgrace... I thought that sentiment alone showed an astounding lack of understanding concerning the nature of football management.

Gregory House M.D.

Think I mighta mentioned this before but I went out with Keevans niece in the mid eighties. Her old man descibed him as an IRA loving fenian *******

:thumbsup:

434539_o.gif

"Black isn't a hard man, he's a dangerous character who has repeatedly been sanctioned for showing a reckless disregard for his fellow professionals".

Translation = Once fouled a Rangers player.

• 1 month later...

Ian Black 2 red cards in 8 years in the SPL.

Kris Commons 2 red cards in 2 appearances at Tynecastle.

Just saying.

Toxteth O'Grady

Ian Black 2 red cards in 8 years in the SPL.

Kris Commons 2 red cards in 2 appearances at Tynecastle.

Just saying.

The SPL will be a safer place without Commons next weekend

GIRUY Hugh Keevins

Tynecastle Valhalla

wish some journalist would have the balls to point out the facts as they should

commons challenge was as dangerous as i have seen for along time. lucky am's standing leg wasn't caught 100% straight on

Strange then if it was such a a malicious tackle on Lasley that Stuart McCall admitted that he thought Balck was unlucky and there was no malice intended. Did Keevins not even bother to watch the highlights?

Has he got a tele

ceptic have had a man sent off in four of their last five trips to tyne. when do they become the physical team with a discipline problem?

and under the revered Lennys stewardship, surely not?

Archived