Boke Worthy

Rawrrrrrrr

bigbryanthejambo

Takes sum plums to ride that sort of adversity and come out the other side tho. Gotta give that to the wee Hobo at least! :)

His dad John, 46, adds: "It's something I'll never forget. It was less than 50 per cent odds he'd survive. I said to the doctor: 'That's my son you're talking about, not a bag of chips'."

I fear his dad is right, a bag of chips would never had survived a by pass operation.

Good on him though, that can't have been easy.

alwaysthereinspirit

Well done kid. Stay healthy.

He'll never play for #ibs though. He sounds to good.:107years:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Whats boke inducing about that??

He's done very well for himself and is a cracking wee player.

Guest Dipped Flake

Why?????? great story about a lad beating a life-threatening illness and going on to play professional football. Exactly why would that make you boak??? If you are serious and it is just because he supports hibs then you really do need to go out and get a life

Mr Quagmire

HaHa , no mention about him fecking up his chance to score at tynie last week ! Dirty little Hobo Scrote.

There are hundreds of kids who fight for the life's and there stories should be in the paper, but there not are they, so why publish this story now ?

Prancer your comments are bang out of order. I've grown up with a congential heart condition and would give my right arm just to play fives with my mates, never mind at pro level, so well done to Danny for being able to achieve that.

Prancer your comments are bang out of order. I've grown up with a congential heart condition and would give my right arm just to play fives with my mates, never mind at pro level, so well done to Danny for being able to achieve that.

But it isnt an achievement?

Its a case of him medically being able too after recovert

I can't medically play football either so I dont see your point, Im not going to start jumping for every footballer who recovers from a knee injury to get a 2 page spread in newspapers

The most bokeworthy part is his brother "john-paul"

The fact is he was ill, as are many people, he recovered fully to do what he wanted to do

Its not newsworthy otherwise our newspapers would be very full, its just another case of the Leith times blowing the trumpets of hibees and their flair and legendary status

Walter Kidd

I can't medically play football either so I dont see your point, Im not going to start jumping for every footballer who recovers from a knee injury to get a 2 page spread in newspapers

The fact is he was ill, as are many people, he recovered fully to do what he wanted to do

Its not newsworthy otherwise our newspapers would be very full, its just another case of the Leith times blowing the trumpets of hibees and their flair and legendary status

Is that because you are a rusty cripple? Fud.

bigbryanthejambo

Wheres the humanity in your response to this Prancer?

Sure ur a decent guy somewhere, but just thought I'd let you know that the way your phrasing things on this topic makes you come across like some sort of Neanderthall.

am wi prancer wee rat tried to maim a hearts player last week all out of hoboness

best bit his bird is a dancer fi trinity

gee let me think what kinda dancer is she

bigbryanthejambo
am wi prancer wee rat tried to maim a hearts player last week all out of hoboness

best bit his bird is a dancer fi trinity

gee let me think what kinda dancer is she

...and they say Prestonpans breeds neds. Seriously.....you'd never guess by your articulate and intelligent post buddy! *yawn yawn*

Out of interest does anyone know if Swanson or his family take part in fundraising for those who saved him etc?

Prancer there's a whole world of difference between having and knee injury and open heart surgery, believe me......

The fact that's he's managed to a - survive the surgery, b - recovery well enough to participate in any sort of physical exercise and c - play football to pro level is quite an acheivement, regardless of what you think.

JamboFamily

remember danny at leith athletic at under 19s and was top player so skillful,when he went to berwick though,t that would be his level

Prancer, what's all this about? Totally unncessary thread and even more unnecessary comments...its scary how downright inhumane you seem sometimes. :huh:

Plus, aside from your obvious issue with the Hibs element, did you ever consider that the press might also be pushing stories with the Sick Kids angle at the moment?

Guest Dipped Flake

Think that bit says it all about you so will not waste any more of my life arguing with a total ****head and bigot. I take if if his brother was called Billy this story would be ok.....

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Out of interest does anyone know if Swanson or his family take part in fundraising for those who saved him etc?

I can see what you're getting at, and you're showing yourself up to be a right ****.

Prancer, what's all this about? Totally unncessary thread and even more unnecessary comments...its scary how downright inhumane you seem sometimes. :huh:

Plus, aside from your obvious issue with the Hibs element, did you ever consider that the press might also be pushing stories with the Sick Kids angle at the moment?

He's obviously sitting in his room bored out his skull after pulling the heid off it for the last few hours and decides he needs some virtual conflict.

The fact that the majority of folk on the thread disagree and thinks he's out of order will delight the sad act.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
:blahblah:

Hopefully you got some of it on yer shoes...

Shoe. He's still waiting to nick a matching one for his right foot from the rack outside Clarks.

Very glad he's made it for two reasons.

1) He has recovered from an illness that could, and probably should, have killed him. God knows what his chances were of making it as a footballer.

2) This height pish. Too much emphasis is placed on height in Scottish football, which is ridiculous when you think of all the short players that have made it big. It held Danny back for most of his career, he was really, really small though.

He played for Hutchy with a mate of mine and I remember seeing him play once, even at a young age he was so much smaller than anyone else on the park. A mate tells me it was hard to play against Danny for him, because he was scared of tackling him for fear of breaking him in half. That mate is short himself. Of course not everyone had this conscious and Danny used to get battered around the park.

I think it's a great story, regardless of whether he is a Hibby or his reckless tackle last week.

Patrick Bateman

I can't medically play football either so I dont see your point

LOL

No wonder you're a poisonous and embittered clown. Why don't you stick to what you know best; impersonating Puglsey from the Adams family.

I noticed that too. :rolleyes:

Sickening post prancer you should be ashamed, he supports hibs? whats your point? Im sure if he was a jambo youd be praising him,

How would you feel if it was someone you knew?

You should be ashamed to even think what you did let alone post it!

Well done Danny!!

Dirk Diggler
I noticed that too. :rolleyes:

As did I. I thought better of mentioning it though.

I do think Prancer is getting a lot of stick which isn't warranted (the JP comment aside)

I hate all this mock sympathy we see on here, I don't know the guy, He was Ill, He isn't now, He seems to be doing alright.

I do know that he commited a terrible tackle on a Hearts player last week and for that he is a dirty wee hobo scrote.

Jeremy Goss

Prancer you are a grade A ****.

The lad might be a hibby but he's recovered from a serious illness to become a pro footballer, some achievement if you ask me.

Don't know why you feel the need to post such a pointless thread, nae one actually cares what you think.

Dirk Diggler
Prancer you are a grade A ****.

The lad might be a hibby but he's recovered from a serious illness to become a pro footballer, some achievement if you ask me.

Don't know why you feel the need to post such a pointless thread, nae one actually cares what you think.

You cared enough to respond.

:)

Patrick Bateman

I do think Prancer is getting a lot of stick which isn't warranted (the JP comment aside)

Prancer gets stick because he uses every post to vent his incredibly boring yet clearly disturbed personality on this message board. Continually argumentative and without any real basis, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of his endless misanthropic garbage. The day he is permanently emptied from this board will be a glorious one.

Pretty sad that people 'boke' over someones name.

Think you lot need to get a grip.

Jeremy Goss
You cared enough to respond.

:)

aye I know his big brother, so thats maybe why i responded. think its unbelievable how narrow minded prancer is, his posts are usually negative.

You are showing yourself to be a ****ing stupid, uncaring, arsehole! You should be ****ing ashamed of yourself. Its cretins like you who give this board a bad name and if you can't feel happy that another human being can survive that kind of problem and be glad for his family who must have been worried sick about him you are less than human. Somebody like you would have curled up and died without a fight and the world would be a better place without you.

You can't even ****ing spell boak.

Prancer,

its just a bloody human interest story in a shyty newspaper. The papers are full of them, there's no need to get your knickers in a twist, just dont read it!

Do you really honestly care what his brothers name is? What their religion may or may not be?

Dr. Bapswent

Dont give him the satisfaction of knowing he gets to you.

He is obviously a little greasy fat waste of time that gets cheap pointless kicks to fill his head, thinking in some way that getting any emotion out of someone is beeter than what he deserves which is to be ignored.

He'll be at home hammering his cheswick and trying to justify to himself that he is doing the right thing, that he doesnt care what others think and its all a dead good laugh.

But in truth no matter how often he causes shock and distaste it will never make him or others happy and maybe when he grows up a bit he'll realise how much of a waste of time he is and that all he has ever done is out of self loathing.

Or he could just be an ignorant *****?

Guest JKBMod 9

Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Calm it down, everyone; if you think that Prancer's trying to wind you up, don't rise to it.

NoseLikeMahe
As did I. I thought better of mentioning it though.

I hate all this mock sympathy we see on here, I don't know the guy, He was Ill, He isn't now, He seems to be doing alright.

I do know that he commited a terrible tackle on a Hearts player last week and for that he is a dirty wee hobo scrote.

It's not mock sympathy for the lad... It's distaste at a quite rubbish post that displays a narrow-minded, negative and - later on - implied bigoted opinion.

Not that many seem particularly surprised by that... :rolleyes:

This thread happens to be about a good mate of mines brother.

Some people on this forum need to start thinking before typing!

Archived