youth getting its chance?

campbell

i have seen alot of topics recently about giving theses guys a chance, not sure if its cause of players being available or injuries but either way we will finally see if people on here wer right to be touting them up for the starting 11. do you think paulo has seen somthing jj didnt or is it jus cause we have soon many players out injured he could have easily kept mcgowan rb and hamil in the middle jus feel paulo may be more prepared to give them the chance

Horatio Caine

i have seen alot of topics recently about giving theses guys a chance, not sure if its cause of players being available or injuries but either way we will finally see if people on here wer right to be touting them up for the starting 11. do you think paulo has seen somthing jj didnt or is it jus cause we have soon many players out injured he could have easily kept mcgowan rb and hamil in the middle jus feel paulo may be more prepared to give them the chance

Serving suggestion: look up the word `punctuation` in the dictionary. It would be a revelation to you.

I think you're jibe about punctuation is a bit strong. I do the majority of posting from my phone and punctuation is a pain in the arse to be honest.

Sorry I am deeply sorry I havnt put in a few ,,,, and .... But I do believe I coodnt give a fly ****, I posted this to speak abt hearts not to get a english lesson so either comment on the post or dnt. thank you

Sorry I am deeply sorry I havnt put in a few ,,,, and .... But I do believe I coodnt give a fly ****, I posted this to speak abt hearts not to get a english lesson so either comment on the post or dnt. thank you

Downey type post IMO.

Footballfirst

Yup - good to see youth getting a chance and for Kevin McHattie to get his debut. Pity that Paulo chose to play him out of position at left midfield though. But let's not quibble, it's a start.

Chris Benoit

Not trying to start a whole other debate but if it had been any of the perceived clique members ripping into someone like this there would have been at least 6 other posters ready to jump in.

As it is it's just me so how about stop being a bunch of dicks and discuss the topic of the thread.

Personally I thing Paulo saw enough last week and tried to introduce a couple more ball players no matter how old. As it was Novi scored one, Robinson set one up and played a part in Novi's goal with a good quick free kick. Not an amazing performance today but good enough and a big step in the right direction.

Good to see McHattie make his debut and unlucky for Smith that Eggert got his injury or he would have got a game too.

jamboinglasgow

Yup - good to see youth getting a chance and for Kevin McHattie to get his debut. Pity that Paulo chose to play him out of position at left midfield though. But let's not quibble, it's a start.

Completely agree its good to see youth be given a chance, Paulo has done in 3 games, what it took JJ 58 games to do, hand a youngster a debut. I wouldn't worry too much at McHattie getting handed his debut at LM instead of LB as it seems to be common for young attacking full backs to start a bit further up before settling at full back.

Hopefully this is what kind of manager Paulo is, one who is not afraid to give the younger players a chance.

Snake Plissken

Completely agree its good to see youth be given a chance, Paulo has done in 3 games, what it took JJ 58 games to do, hand a youngster a debut. I wouldn't worry too much at McHattie getting handed his debut at LM instead of LB as it seems to be common for young attacking full backs to start a bit further up before settling at full back.

Hopefully this is what kind of manager Paulo is, one who is not afraid to give the younger players a chance.

Well that's nonsense.

Paul Mulrooney, Jason Holt and David Smith have all made competitive debuts under Jefferies.

jamboinglasgow

Well that's nonsense.

Paul Mulrooney, Jason Holt and David Smith have all made competitive debuts under Jefferies.

Not sure about Mulrooney (I thought he made his debut under Csaba before playing under JJ,) but yes Holt and Smith did make competitive debuts under Jefferies however the 58 games figure is from his first game until they both made debuts against Dundee United.

Snake Plissken

Not sure about Mulrooney (I thought he made his debut under Csaba before playing under JJ,) but yes Holt and Smith did make competitive debuts under Jefferies however the 58 games figure is from his first game until they both made debuts against Dundee United.

I see.

I presumed 58 games referred to the number of matches he was in charge for, it wasn't far off this total.

Young players get hyped up to hell on here and then get crucified when they aren't the world beaters they've been built up to be, I'm not of the young=good ilk and don't see the need to rush youngsters into the side if they're not good enough.

You're right about Mulrooney. I've not checked but I assume you're right about the 58 games too and it's hardly amazing giving two youngsters a game in a meaningless end of season match.

I see.

I presumed 58 games referred to the number of matches he was in charge for, it wasn't far off this total.

Young players get hyped up to hell on here and then get crucified when they aren't the world beaters they've been built up to be, I'm not of the young=good ilk and don't see the need to rush youngsters into the side if they're not good enough.

I agree that they get hyped up on here and also agree that they get crucified but disagree with you about not rushing them in. if they have proven they can give more to the team than the more established player occupying the position then they should start, regardless of age. I want to see Hearts win, not protecting an older player on bloated wages ego.

Are they any good though?

Well Robinson was very good and has the strength and dig to make a centre midfield spot his own.

Novikovas really struggled and was brushed off the ball repeatedly, scored a good goal and then went off injured after a tackle.

McHattie had 2 good touches but the game was done and dusted by then.

Just going back to the opening posts, are Campbell and Hoofhearted the same person. Has somebody made a schoolboy error and replied to the second post in his other persona! :mellow:

Wyness_is_a_leg_end

English sucks!

Tommy Wiseau

Not trying to start a whole other debate but if it had been any of the perceived clique members ripping into someone like this there would have been at least 6 other posters ready to jump in.

As it is it's just me so how about stop being a bunch of dicks and discuss the topic of the thread.

Personally I thing Paulo saw enough last week and tried to introduce a couple more ball players no matter how old. As it was Novi scored one, Robinson set one up and played a part in Novi's goal with a good quick free kick. Not an amazing performance today but good enough and a big step in the right direction.

Good to see McHattie make his debut and unlucky for Smith that Eggert got his injury or he would have got a game too.

Mmmm.

james-richardson_399x273.jpg

And along with poor grammar you appear to be using two log-ins...

:whistling:

What about the youth that never got a chance. Who was the young lad about to come on for Sutton then got sent back to the bench when Jonson was taken off. Zal seemed to find it rather funny.

jamboinglasgow

What about the youth that never got a chance. Who was the young lad about to come on for Sutton then got sent back to the bench when Jonson was taken off. Zal seemed to find it rather funny.

Gordon Smith, he was unlucky that Eggy got that injury otherwise he would have been on.

Gordon Smith, he was unlucky that Eggy got that injury otherwise he would have been on.

yeah looked rather hacked off must have been getting plenty stick from the bench

I can assure you myself and the op are not the same person. I think the fact that someone asks a pertinent question in relation to Hearts for the next reply to be a schoolmaster english exam marking post is needless and not very constructive. The sole purpose of the reply to the opening post was to get a laugh at a fellow jambos by being Anal. To the matter of the opening post I hope we bring through a cpl of gems that would maybe save us a few quid or make us a few quid either way win win .

The Old Tolbooth

if they have proven they can give more to the team than the more established player occupying the position then they should start, regardless of age. I want to see Hearts win, not protecting an older player on bloated wages ego.

Totally with you on that one mate!

I counted Six of our academy players on the pitch over the course of the match and all of them looked like they could slot in and do the job asked of them. Quite a start.

Chris Benoit

yeah looked rather hacked off must have been getting plenty stick from the bench

He actually took it quite well, the subs on the bench were taking the piss but he was laughing. Mr Sergio went over and had a word and everything was sound.

Archived