Redknapp interview in The Sun.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just bought the Sun Newspaper for change to get my bus fare to work... Just grabbed any old paper to split a ten-spot but...

What a proper gentleman that Harry redknapp is. He shows genuine affection for our club legend Dave MacKay and speaks about Hearts with a touch of class that you should expect from good managers at massive clubs like his.

Cannot find the link on the website but here is some of the jist of it... Just some choice excepts from a great double spread article...

"Cockney, Redknaap gets upset whenever he hears Hearts and double winning Spurs legend MacKay being labelled as just a hardman.

For he also saw the majestic midfield general at his playmaking best in the 60s and 70s... "

Redknaap on MacKay:

"I really hope the games produce the kind of entertainment, commitment and skill that Dave would appreciate."

"He is a fantastic man and as a player? Well, all I can say is that he was a proper legend... "

"For both Hearts and Spurs he was absolutley magnificent. A colossus of a player. Dave had everything you could wish for in a player... "

Redknaap on Hearts:

"It's a tough tie for us. Make no mistake about that. I'm expecting a really hard game... "

"I know the Hearts fans will be right up for it as much as their team... "

Redknaap on Sergio:

"You never like to see any boss lose his job and I was well aware of what Hearts means to Jim... Paulo's impressed me since he took over the Hearts job... "

"Jim's a hard act to follow... Paulo has shown him great respect with his comments since taking charge.

"He's come in and said good things about jim. I liked that it showed class... "

He then tells us about Joe Jordan, Ally McCoist and Paul Lambert's advice and info on what to expect from "Scotland's third force" and their comments too seem to be respectfull and of a warning nature to Harry. No quote from Lennon who could learn a thing or two from Redknaap about how to conduct yourself as a manager at a big club. Also it seems that the most writing off of our chances and most disrespectfull comments about what will happen to us appear to be coming from our own fans as the media, football people and even our rivals all seem to have a bit more respect for our chances of at least making a fist of things than many of us are.

Sure we are massive underdogs and will be right up against it but... Can we maybe just write off our own chances with a bit more dignity and class instead of predicting double figure humpings and shit like that? It's a wee bit embarassing sometimes.

Anyway, i just really liked the article and was surprised at the source that provided it. Well worth a wee read as there is more than just the quotes I highlighted in there.

:thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sun reader

Yes... I thought I explained that... I bought and read the Sun today. The article was well worth it and it surprised me that the article was fair and respectfull. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ta for going to the trouble of doing this.

No worries, I liked the article and wanted to share it but there was no link so just typed some of it out. :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

Good interview by the looks of things, but no danger I'm clicking on the link to give them rotters the traffic. So on that note, cheers for typing some of it out, Moth. :thumbsup:

Also it seems that the most writing off of our chances and most disrespectfull comments about what will happen to us appear to be coming from our own fans as the media, football people and even our rivals all seem to have a bit more respect for our chances of at least making a fist of things than many of us are.

Sure we are massive underdogs and will be right up against it but... Can we maybe just write off our own chances with a bit more dignity and class instead of predicting double figure humpings and shit like that? It's a wee bit embarassing sometimes.

Correct. Its pretty pathetic tbh.

I thought the Hearts fans would be right up for it, it is a massive game after all. Sadly there are far too many fans ruining what is going to a special tie because they fear Spurs far too much and would prefer to laugh at those who think we could get a result on Thursday.

Shame.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Just bought the Sun Newspaper for change to get my bus fare to work... Just grabbed any old paper to split a ten-spot but...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

More imaginative than the old 'someone buys it at work' excuse, I suppose.

Those that spoke to Harry about Hearts have obviously told him that when Hearts fans get behind the team we can be

a REAL 12th man and can have an influence on how the game goes, thats what i get from reading between the lines.Harry

will get a chance on Thursday to see for the first time in his life what it's like when a roof is lifted off a stand by fans,

he will also feel the ground under his feet move.

Those that spoke to Harry about Hearts have obviously told him that when Hearts fans get behind the team we can be

a REAL 12th man and can have an influence on how the game goes, thats what i get from reading between the lines.Harry

will get a chance on Thursday to see for the first time in his life what it's like when a roof is lifted off a stand by fans,

I'm sure Harry has experienced a hot atmosphere or two in his time at Fratton Park. Spurs fans aren't exactly quiet either and White Hart Lane is like Tynie in that the stands are right against the pitch.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

To be fair a regular poster on here knows a Hearts supporting journo from The Sun and on his advice I read couple of the guy's articles while Jefferies was in charge, absolutely, I then cringed like **** at Thomson-gate and felt obliged not to anymore... However I thought that was a pretty decent article overall and if I could be certain of more like it then I would have no hesitation in buying it again. Pretty sure anyone who has read my posts knows I am a bit of a lefty 'handwringer' at times but i will happily admit when I enjoyed an article I have read and not just pretend I did not because of the source.

Used to read it a lot when I was a labourer a few years back as it was not the done thing to sit in the trough hall reading The Guardian. Stopped after the Skacel spit incident and then never bothered again until JJ started giving them interviews.

News International and some feckin shitty politics and shady actions but... Clearly capable of a reasonable article now and again by the looks of things. :ninja:

Now that I have justified my reading of said rag, can we not stick to the point of the OP and not discuss the merits/morals of the poster who supplied the OP? :huh:

I'm sure Harry has experienced a hot atmosphere or two in his time at Fratton Park. Spurs fans aren't exactly quiet either and White Hart Lane is like Tynie in that the stands are right against the pitch.

Correct.

Great quotes from Harry but what the **** is McCoist giving an English team a heads up on what to expect on a Scottish team.So much much for the co efficient,**** Rangers **** Celtic let's hope they both get messed in the Europa.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Great quotes from Harry but what the **** is McCoist giving an English team a heads up on what to expect on a Scottish team.So much much for the co efficient,**** Rangers **** Celtic let's hope they both get messed in the Europa.

That's a good point actually. I was assuming it was more of a: "Hearts are a better side than you might think, by the way big-man" than a detailed analysis of what we have where and from whom on the park. :ninja:

Richard Luffnan

ive never understood this 12th man nonsense at tynecstle, most away teams have a more vocal support than 13,000 jambos. even on thursday there will be a 5 minute spell when the crowd will get going then all we'll hear for the remainder is yiddos

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

McCoist is still quite new to the management game so probably told him a load of rubbish anyway. thumbsup.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

ive never understood this 12th man nonsense at tynecstle, most away teams have a more vocal support than 13,000 jambos. even on thursday there will be a 5 minute spell when the crowd will get going then all we'll hear for the remainder is yiddos

Oh I dunno... Big match atmosphere at Tynie is second to none I reckon. Sure we maybe tail of when getting beat of St Johnstone or whoever but for a Euro tie it is always rocking in my experience... Maybe just me though. :ermm:

Tommy Wiseau

McCoist is still a functioning ****** so probably told him a load of rubbish anyway. thumbsup.gif

FTFY :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

Francis has saved my time re The Scum.

Brave man Mothy...I'm sure you'll see the light someday though.

ps Stop with the 12th man pish please, leave it to Rat FC.

if you could see the retoric the use about Scotland in the teh English sun you would never buy that rag again that Kelvin McKenzie cant help but make a shop front out of himself

From my experiences of Tynecastle European nights, this won't be the case. The place will be rocking.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No offence to anyone rightly laying in to The Sun on this thread but would it be possible to instead just discuss the content of the article like MacKay, Redknaap, Hearts and Spurs etc?

These are valid views on the paper but since that is the medium that Harry chose to talk to there is not a lot I can do about it's source I am afraid. There's plenty threads kicking about The Shed to tackle the papers politics.

What I liked about the article was the fact that despite what many people would have you believe, Hearts, JJ, our current manager and much of our great history is known and respected outside of Tynie and our fans. I realise that it is stupid to talk down your opponents in a knock out tournament and that has a bearing on what a manager of a club with 200 times our resources would say in the press but... I think the man came accross as quite genuine and respectfull. I do not think that all our fans have been so so far from what I have read recently.

:(

Harry Palmer

Arnold, Moths, lights? Always ends in tears I'm afraid. :(

I know...

And I acknowledge the great struggle you had to endure just to bring us this news..

Sounds like condescending pish to me though.

He's hardly going to say "We'll stroll this.." is he. I'd prefer more about Dave tbh.

Governor Tarkin

Well if you could be bothered getting your arse out of the pub and getting to the game you might be able to make a difference eh.

You've been known to start a few songs.

Chop chop

tommythejambo

Harry's got a mega mansion on teh south coast i seen on a progamme once

Irrelevance at it's peak.

Nice article

Respectful

To be fair we have been known to create a decent atmosphere at WHL - but I think you will out sing us at our place although the YA will do themselves justice at yours.

Well to be honest, I would have been happier if he'd said Hearts are cack and we're going to walk it.This patronising crap does my head in.

kennyblack'sshot

You have obviously never been to a big European night at Tynecastle.

Archived