Unforgettable Night in North London

Deodato

As we've got some Spurs fans on JKB, I'm going to share my favourite memory of Spurs.

That night in White Hart Lane 1984 when a Hackney born goalkeeper got them the UEFA cup.

I was a wee boy at the time and can remember wanting to watch Batman film on the other channel.

My Dad was furious, switched the channel and told me what was about to happen in WHL should be part of my upbringing. This was football, at its best.

The Spurs team was amazing, and to this day Hoddle is the best passer of the ball I have ever seen.

This video is excellent, from the players coming out the tunnel to the incredible celebrations after the save.

But check the atmosphere at the ground - un f-ing believable.

Spurs fans on JKB - care to share any memories?

(PS: The player who missed the penalty was Icelandic, and named Gu?johnsen - which is ironic for me to point out)

Deodato

Have to add this one too - excellent preview of the 1984 final in very good quality.

Buffalo Bill

Great game. I remember watching this as a kid, and this is the first time I've seen it since. The thing I always remember though was that chip and run from Graeme Roberts. Incredible stuff.

I loved the old Uefa Cup, with it's home and away legged final.

Imagine being a Dundee Utd fan in 1987, with the final played in your own back yard?

Gives me goosebumps every time I see that Parks save!! The atmosphere was just electric that night. Unfortunately it was before my time. I'd give anything to go back in time and witness that!

Tremendous video, also credit to Spurs fans they're in a European final and a guy missed a penalty in the shoot out to lose their advantage and they start singing his name can't see many fans doing that

Victor Mancini

im sure tony parkes(gk) finished his career at falkirk-possibly a jj signing for them, i seem to remember him giving our fans the w@nker signals with his hands

im sure tony parkes(gk) finished his career at falkirk-possibly a jj signing for them, i seem to remember him giving our fans the w@nker signals with his hands

Aye, same guy in fairness we also gave him pelters too

Archived