Tam Cowan in the Daily Ranger

The Kdogg

Morning all

Nice wee comment from Tam Cowan in this mornings rag. Having a dig at the west coast media bias. Asking if there was any chance of just one Mad Murray headline. In reference to Dave's unfortunate dealings with HMRC. Also, mentions Vlad being an easy target.

I'm sure I read in another post the very same thing from a kickbacker weeks ago. Even Tams getting most of his knowledge from jkb these days a la banderson. Anyway good to see somebody raising the point even if it is only Tam.

Don't know if there's a link to it and wouldn't know how to post it up anyway.

He's been taking this line since the JJ firing. He's gone up in my estimation from an annoying prick to a totally sound guy with a cracking sense of humour and a charming accent.

Midloth_Iain
So, the Sheriff Officers have visited Ibrox, while the club is appealing against a tax bill dating back to the "old regime" and saying they're not liable for the debt.

Ah yes, the old regime ... as a special request for Hearts fans who must be sick of the media getting ripped into Vladimir Romanov at every opportunity, any chance of just one "Mad Murray" headline? Nah, no chance.

The taxman's apparently demanding ?2.8million from the Ibrox club. The last I heard, Rangers have offered ?300,000.

PS. Another cash blow for the Ibrox club - I see Luis Figo has landed the lucrative Just For Men gig before Gordon Smith.

PPS. But it's not all bad news. According to one Sunday newspaper scribe, Rangers got a "morale-boosting defeat" against Chelsea last week!

I know I'm always a wee bit biased towards my own team, but that really takes the biscuit!

Chris Benoit

Tam Cowan has always been quite fair with us, might take the piss now and again but certainly puts the majority of the west coast media to shame.

It seems Garry O'Connor is attempting to nick cowan's funnyman column. If you look on the opposite page to tam's you see,

"Hibs hitman Garry O'Connor reckons new signing Isaiah Osbourne can be the clubs answer to French midfield legend Patrick Viera"

Good words from cowan.

TBH ah think Tam's a decent guy and maybe a wee bit o a closet jambo, he's allways gives us backing and how he would like to see us win the league,only if Motherwell could'nt win it first.He also regularly puts the boot in to the uglies and sticks up for Mad Vlad, so an all round good guy in my estimations.Also his radio show a couple o weeks ago they were on a bout Tyncastle and what a crackin venue it was.

Morning all

Nice wee comment from Tam Cowan in this mornings rag. Having a dig at the west coast media bias. Asking if there was any chance of just one Mad Murray headline. In reference to Dave's unfortunate dealings with HMRC. Also, mentions Vlad being an easy target.

I'm sure I read in another post the very same thing from a kickbacker weeks ago. Even Tams getting most of his knowledge from jkb these days a la banderson. Anyway good to see somebody raising the point even if it is only Tam.

Don't know if there's a link to it and wouldn't know how to post it up anyway.

nah,he is pally with yon Hearts fan who writes for the grauniad

Buffalo Bill

I met Tam Cowan once and he had nothing but good things to say about the Famous.

The People's Chimp

I met Tam Cowan once and he had nothing but good things to say about the Famous.

Heard that show.

The Old Tolbooth

I got a wee dig in on that show iirc :D

Tam is one of those in the media i have some time for, he will stick the boot in when it is needed, but also praises us when it is also needed

The taxman's apparently demanding ?2.8million from the Ibrox club. The last I heard, Rangers have offered ?300,000.

Are Rangers obsessed with ?300k?

Think that was Tam's wee joke.

I met Tam at a function I was working once and as has been said he was very complimentary about our club and said he really enjoyed trips to Tynecastle...unlike a certain Jim Traynor and Chick Young who were also in attendance and who behaved like they were some sort of superstars....well until Traynor was refused service for abusing a mmember of my staff :lol:

I think it might stem from the Cup game at Tynie after O'Donnell died, he seemed extremely impressed at the Hearts fans response.

tam cowan is a star ,one of the few media guys you could trust and comes over as a real fan, as for murray how could you call someone who has sold a football club for a ?1,when it was once worth ?m140 mad? now that murray is no longer at the helm you will here a lot more criticism from our stinking biased media monkeys.

tam cowan is a star ,one of the few media guys you could trust and comes over as a real fan, as for murray how could you call someone who has sold a football club for a ?1,when it was once worth ?m140 mad? now that murray is no longer at the helm you will here a lot more criticism from our stinking biased media monkeys.

Tam's a decent guy,very funny,hates the ugly sisters and always has a good word to say about the Jambos.

Archived