IF we make top 6

djh83

I just realised that IF, and I know its a big IF, we win on sat and make the top 6 we'll only be 5 points off the potential euro spot 4th (providing the Old Firm do the business over Motherwell and United). And if Hibs don't win against St Mirren then we'd b 5points off THIRD!

Although most likely we'll turn in a stinking performance against Killie and finish 8th this year.

There is no UEFA Cup place for 4th in the league.

Point taken on the potential proximity to 3rd place, however, I think we would need to win all 5 games after the split to finish 3rd.

If we make the top 6, that'll be enough for me. The idea that we have even the teeniest, possible chance to do anything more than that is madness to me at the moment. And I'm an optimist.

(Although, if we do happen to make it...be sure I'll revoke the above statement immediately as the 'what ifs' kick in!)

Don't think we have a chance of 3rd this season.

Bring on 2008/2009!!

3rd for us next year, you heard it here first!!

Point taken on the potential proximity to 3rd place, however, I think we would need to win all 5 games after the split to finish 3rd.

If the hun win the the Scottish Cup then that euro place now goes to 4th in the league instead of to the other cup finalist.

Does the UEFA Cup spot not go to 4th place if Rangers win the cup though?

also i think other results would have to go for us as well

If the hun win the the Scottish Cup then that euro place now goes to 4th in the league instead of to the other cup finalist.

not this season, it has not been implemented yet so cup runners up get it if Rangers win cup

Point taken on the potential proximity to 3rd place' date=' however, I think we would need to win all 5 games after the split to finish 3rd. [/quote']

also i think other results would have to go for us as well

How beeping funny would that be, though :D

After the split teams like Motherwell and Hibs would no longer be picking up points off smaller teams. They'd be playing the big boys and I think they'd drop alot of points.

How beeping funny would that be, though :D

Totally.

Charlie Nicholas was in the paper today saying he reckons Hearts are favourites to finish top 6 and he is gutted about it.

:)

Rick Grimes
not this season, it has not been implemented yet so cup runners up get it if Rangers win cup

indeed. i believe the SPHell board *forgot* to notify UEFA of the change in time....

Archived