Hearts Book

Tenor

This is my favourite book, from 1959, which has been passed down my family to me.

I have copied a bunch of pages which have some of the Famous' signatures. Can you spot any?

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

page5.jpg

page6.jpg

page7.jpg

Tom White?

I've always wondered about that too. Looks like the first name could be Alan or Ian... ? Which can't be right.

Gregory House M.D.

I've always wondered about that too. Looks like the first name could be Alan or Ian... ? Which can't be right.

John Whites brother Tom White? Is that who it is?

John Whites brother Tom White? Is that who it is?

It must be! OH YEAH, his brother played for Spurs!! Hahahaha... that's a good omen right there!

What a bunch of memories that stirred up in the little grey cells!

NB Above: Tommy White made a huge impact in his too short time with Hearts!

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

"it is no disparagment to Hibs to state that it is Hearts who hold the devotion of the city as a whole"

What a beautiful sentence .

Teuchterjambo

Quite a few post 59 - Jim Murphy on the front page - didn't play a lot, but I quite liked him ,signed from Alloa I think in the mid 60's - inside forward/striker type

jambos are go!

Bobby Ross, John Docherty, Roy Barry, Ian Crawford, Norrie Davidson,Willie Hamilton,Danny Ferguson, Wille Polland , Alan Gordon, Johnny Hamilton, Alan Findlay @ Donald Macleod (Trainer).

Quite a few post 59 - Jim Murphy on the front page - didn't play a lot, but I quite liked him ,signed from Alloa I think in the mid 60's - inside forward/striker type

Being a bit harsh, he was a poor man's Tommy White.

Being a bit harsh, he was a poor man's Tommy White.

If he was even that Colin - seem to remember him missing far more chances than he ever converted.

Victor Mancini

That book would make an interesting read if anyone knows where I can buy a copy please post cheers

Danny Patons signature is there mate. Quite emotional seeing that. He was my uncle and died earlier this year. The Hearts had a minutes silence and wore black armbands in his memory during the match. Myself and some family were guests of the club and we beat St Midden 3-2. That book should be cherished. Some of our greatest lights' names adorn those pages and whilst their time may have passed and death left its mark on a few of them it is artefacts like your book that keep those fine men alive in our memories and hearts.

forthriverjambo

Tom White?

tom white,(brother of the famous spurs and scotland star john white) played for hearts in the early 60s, a strong bustling centre forward with a canonball shot, his nickname was "the white tornado" promise me you`ll buck up.

Danny Patons signature is there mate. Quite emotional seeing that. He was my uncle and died earlier this year. The Hearts had a minutes silence and wore black armbands in his memory during the match. Myself and some family were guests of the club and we beat St Midden 3-2. That book should be cherished. Some of our greatest lights' names adorn those pages and whilst their time may have passed and death left its mark on a few of them it is artefacts like your book that keep those fine men alive in our memories and hearts.

Talk about emotional...

That was a great post, and believe me when I say that this book is cherished.

I will make sure each following generation of my family know what many of those men mean to all true Jambos.

Gregory House M.D.

Did Edward, John and Tom White ever play in the same Falkirk team?

jambos are go!

If he was even that Colin - seem to remember him missing far more chances than he ever converted.

According to London Hearts Jim Murphy scored 16 goals in 42 competitive appearances.Better than the benchmark of 1 in 3 for a good striker. Even allowing for the fact he scored 4 in his first league game that is still a decent return and better than the fast bulk of recent strikers have managed.

Gregory House M.D.

According to London Hearts Jim Murphy scored 16 goals in 42 competitive appearances.Better than the benchmark of 1 in 3 for a good striker. Even allowing for the fact he scored 4 in his first league game that is still a decent return and better than the fast bulk of recent strikers have managed.

According to Wiki :ninja: Tom White made 37 appearances netting 30 goals.

jambos are go!

According to Wiki :ninja: Tom White made 37 appearances netting 30 goals.

Whats Tommy White got to do with what I said !!!

Gregory House M.D.

Whats Tommy White got to do with what I said !!!

:lol: I was justifying the guy you quoteds post. :P

I think when he did score that he banged it in the net in the same way as Tommy did - admittedly with far, far less frequency.

Here's a tester for my old little grey cells, right off the top of my head:

Spud scored a hattrick on one game - was it v Stirling Albion?

I think when he did score that he banged it in the net in the same way as Tommy did - admittedly with far, far less frequency.

If my memory is correct it was against St Mirren.

Can't really remember what happened to Murphy and why he only lasted the one season.

jambos are go!

He scored 4 goals on his debut which may have been against the Binos.

Archived