To buy Hearts

TheBigO

My Missus asked the other day how much it'd take for someone to buy Hearts.

I couldn't answer with any accurancy, only saying sometimes all you have to do is buy the debt of a club and that's enough. But Hearts would be a different story.

What do we reckon it'd take?? I'm not suggesting revolution and don't want a Vlad-rant thread. Just think it's an interesting question (her first this year, FWIW!).

Charlie-Brown

Do you want just want to buy control of the football team? or do you also want to own the stadium & all the other assets as well? do you want those without any debt? or with debt? and if so how much? - also what are you prepared to offer Romanov to sell? Depending on how you answer these questions your amount required will vary.

Gregory House M.D.

?60m-?80m Romanov won't do a David Murray.

Do you want just want to buy control of the football team? or do you also want to own the stadium & all the other assets as well? do you want those without any debt? or with debt? and if so how much? - also what are you prepared to offer Romanov to sell? Depending on how you answer these questions your amount required will vary.

Aw Chaz, you're making it all complicated, min. As always.

I want the lot, without debt. What i am prepared to offer Romanov to sell is part of this fun debate - what would he take?

I plan to be dripping in cash, so don't spare my feelings.

JamboAberdeen

20m to take over our debt,

another 30m for the new stadium,

10m cash injection every season to cover our loss, (That's Vlad did last season)

Pls do maths yourself.

?35m to cover debts, ?15m for the stadium and other assets, ?3m to cover the current playing squad, ?300m to buy Messi, Ronaldo, Pinigol, Craig Gordon, Chris Berra and Bruno Aguiar. ?8m in bribes for the council planning department. ?30m for a new stand.

So ?391m IMO.

You could also spend an optional ?500m to buy the newly retired space shuttle and write "FTH" on the moon.

?35m to cover debts, ?15m for the stadium and other assets, ?3m to cover the current playing squad, ?300m to buy Messi, Ronaldo, Pinigol, Craig Gordon, Chris Berra and Bruno Aguiar. ?8m in bribes for the council planning department. ?30m for a new stand.

So ?391m IMO.

You could also spend an optional ?500m to buy the newly retired space shuttle and write "FTH" on the moon.

Superb.

JamboAberdeen

So ?391m IMO.

We already have too many wingers now while no adequate covers on both RB/LB.

No more squad players please, some you mentioned are simply not good enough for us apart from him.

So ?391m IMO.

You forgot about the bung to the SFA :thumbsup:

We already have too many wingers now while no adequate covers on both RB/LB.

No more squad players please, some you mentioned are simply not good enough for us apart from him.

Ronaldo is quite good in the air so he can play left back.

I've budgeted for ?20-25m for the club and then held back another ?40m for stadium/gift purposes from my EuroMillions win.

Reckon he'd bite my hand off if I offered even ?20m, at the moment it's cash he's unlikely to get back and from my crude estimations of land value I think it's more than he'd get for razing Tynie to the ground and selling it off. Probably wrong, but it won't matter because I intend to win at least ?150m anyway so cost will be no object when it coms to my beloved. :)

So circa ?20-90M!

It's gona take a best seller of Rowling proportions, me not playing the lottery!

I'd take us off the stock market and open up membership at base price of ?100pa. Reckon atleast ?1M a year would be raised from it, which would be spent on the squad. Not sure as yet what a membership would entitle the member to!

To buy Hearts, not much. Rangers only cost ?1.

To service or pay off the debt you would inherit, that would be a different matter.

So circa ?20-90M!

It's gona take a best seller of Rowling proportions, me not playing the lottery!

I'd take us off the stock market and open up membership at base price of ?100pa. Reckon atleast ?1M a year would be raised from it, which would be spent on the squad. Not sure as yet what a membership would entitle the member to!

We are already off the stock Market.

if the "Big O" is putting a package together, I'm asking all true Hearts fans to leave the ground at half time and join me in a protest. Will not be at the game myself, but I live in Gorgie so it will be easy enough to get to the protest.

I fear though this could all be in vain, Allan Preston has thrown his weight behind this move by "Big O" and is backing it.

sad.gif

I suspect that as a sustainable business opportunity/asset opportunity the club is worth in the region of ?5m to ?10m, including Tynecastle.

People with missing marbles might have paid more/might pay more of course.

I suspect that as a sustainable business opportunity/asset opportunity the club is worth in the region of ?5m to ?10m, including Tynecastle.

People with missing marbles might have paid more/might pay more of course.

Or indeed demand more.

But the, quite frankly limited, ambitions of the OP have been blown out of the water by this idea of writing FTH on the moon

I'm willing to pledge a tenner towards that project although I think that it can probably be achieved more cheaply using unmanned space flights instead.

Say a supporter won the Euromillions rollover, and they did buy the club.

Obviously the cost of buying Vlad out would be between ?10-20m. Then ?35m on debt. So a fan I'd imagine would pay the debt right off. Then what? Do you continue to run the club, or set aside ?50-60m in the club account, and set up a consortium or supporters trust to take over day to day running of the club. Obviously a new stand and renovation work would be a priority, but no doubt this could be achieved.

Personally I'd be up for buying the club, paying the debt down, or out completely, give a total transfer and wage budget of ?2.5m to the manager and try and get a supporters trust set up to take over the club for the future. Think it'd be the best option.

I reckon that due to the cash for equity swaps UBIG have done you would need to put up at least 20 million to buy them completely out.. they would probably cut their losses at that..

Its once you are through the door that the costs really begin to build up.. Clearing our debt 30-40 million.. probably a new main stand.. anything from 10-50 million..

Put it this way if you were wanting to buy in after a lottery you better make sure you buy in after winning the max euromillions jackpot of 188 million euros..

Even then you would be better just giving the club 50-60 million to clear the debt and put towards a new stand.. demand only a free box for you and your mates.. i honestly believe owning hearts would affect your sanity..

Or indeed demand more.

But the, quite frankly limited, ambitions of the OP have been blown out of the water by this idea of writing FTH on the moon

I'm willing to pledge a tenner towards that project although I think that it can probably be achieved more cheaply using unmanned space flights instead.

What can I say? I'm a dreamer. Last year all I wanted to do was project :pleasing: on to the castle after every victory. Times have changed and it is time to think bigger.

Unmanned spacecraft you say? Our current owner must have some contacts with rocket propulsion experience?

What can I say? I'm a dreamer. Last year all I wanted to do was project :pleasing: on to the castle after every victory. Times have changed and it is time to think bigger.

Unmanned spacecraft you say? Our current owner must have some contacts with rocket propulsion experience?

I've done sum sums and it looks as if for the letters to be legible with the naked eye from Earth you you're going to need them to be about 500 miles tall roughly the size of England.

Obviously we'd have to try something similar on earth first

possibly remodelling the whole of the Western Australian desert so that in letters only readable from space it says (If you can read this you've still got more atmosphere than Easter Road)

My Missus asked the other day how much it'd take for someone to buy Hearts.

I couldn't answer with any accurancy, only saying sometimes all you have to do is buy the debt of a club and that's enough. But Hearts would be a different story.

What do we reckon it'd take?? I'm not suggesting revolution and don't want a Vlad-rant thread. Just think it's an interesting question (her first this year, FWIW!).

It depends I suppose, the debt is irrelevant really, Romanov knows he'll never get it back unless we unearth a Messi or Ronaldo from somewhere.

At the moment Romanov doesn't seem desperate to sell, so I'd guess he wouldn't unless he got an offer of 30-40 mil.

On the other hand if Romanov decides to get shot, or he dies and his son wants rid (I'm guessing he will after the abuse he's taken), or UBIG goes bust, then it's a different story. Hearts are effectively worth what the highest bidder is prepared to pay for the land. And that will be minus demolition and removal costs for the 4 stands. So not very much, maybe even less than 10 mil in the current economic climate. Get yourself a job as a banker in the City and with the bonuses you'll be there in a few years, and even if your bank fails then we the taxpayer will pick up the tab to keep it going and pay your bonuses.

I reckon that due to the cash for equity swaps UBIG have done you would need to put up at least 20 million to buy them completely out.. they would probably cut their losses at that..

Its once you are through the door that the costs really begin to build up.. Clearing our debt 30-40 million.. probably a new main stand.. anything from 10-50 million..

Put it this way if you were wanting to buy in after a lottery you better make sure you buy in after winning the max euromillions jackpot of 188 million euros..

Even then you would be better just giving the club 50-60 million to clear the debt and put towards a new stand.. demand only a free box for you and your mates.. i honestly believe owning hearts would affect your sanity..

So what you're saying is that UBIG would want 50-60 million? I think they'd settle for less than that, 30-40 maybe, and if they were desperate then maybe as little as 10 million.

If nobody is prepared to take on the debt, and I doubt anybody would, then what option would they have? They could close us down, sell the ground, and take a hit, but that would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

If they really want to sell then they'll take whatever they can get, and that will be the value of the land plus a few pennies on top.

See here > SPL Healthcheck - Hearts

Then ask yourself if you can afford to buy a company with a Turnover of ?7.9 million and a wage bill of ?9.1 million.

And remember ?7.9million is the turnover not the Gross Profit or Net Profit, before or after tax................. :blink:

You'd have to bargain for year on year losses into the future too.

Say a supporter won the Euromillions rollover, and they did buy the club.

Obviously the cost of buying Vlad out would be between ?10-20m. Then ?35m on debt. So a fan I'd imagine would pay the debt right off. Then what? Do you continue to run the club, or set aside ?50-60m in the club account, and set up a consortium or supporters trust to take over day to day running of the club. Obviously a new stand and renovation work would be a priority, but no doubt this could be achieved.

Personally I'd be up for buying the club, paying the debt down, or out completely, give a total transfer and wage budget of ?2.5m to the manager and try and get a supporters trust set up to take over the club for the future. Think it'd be the best option.

Yep, that's my plan. I also don't intend to tell anyone that I'm the one who did it either. In years to come when tens of thousands of new Jambos have started supporting the club (glory hunting obv after we win Champions League) I like to think that this thread will be lost in the sands of time, mostly because JKB will no longer exist in this format. JKB will own the whole interweb by then you see. The giveaway might be when section P suddenly becomes bean bag only, then you'll know it was me. That day is coming.

On which project? This guy might be able to fulfill all of the objectives I outlined earlier. He's in.

Incidentally we should figure out what method we're using. I see two main approaches

1 Carving it into the surface

2 Writing it on with some kind of dark coloured substance

The first would require a lot more energy than the mission could take with it we're talking about landing solar powered autonomous bulldozers on the moon and letting them write it out which would take ages or detonating Nuclear warheads at hundreds of precise points on the moon this is liable to be awkward as attempst to develope space borne orbital nuvlear weapons tend to annoy governments

The second would be made simpler by the absence of any atmosphere as a thin coating of maroon dust could be laid in the right places. This could be done from an orbiting spacecraft. The real problem is getting enough of our dry ink dust to the moon

Incidentally we should figure out what method we're using. I see two main approaches

1 Carving it into the surface

2 Writing it on with some kind of dark coloured substance

The first would require a lot more energy than the mission could take with it we're talking about landing solar powered autonomous bulldozers on the moon and letting them write it out which would take ages or detonating Nuclear warheads at hundreds of precise points on the moon this is liable to be awkward as attempst to develope space borne orbital nuvlear weapons tend to annoy governments

The second would be made simpler by the absence of any atmosphere as a thin coating of maroon dust could be laid in the right places. This could be done from an orbiting spacecraft. The real problem is getting enough of our dry ink dust to the moon

I reckon that these guys could supply the propulsion system. Whilst they have yet to test anything to quite the distance we need, with the oil billions that will be available to us once Hamad is on board should easily be sufficient to step up operations to meet our needs.

As for the writing, I'd be in favour of collecting existing space debris to use for the lettering. This would have two major advantages. Firstly, it would bypass the need to lift carving equipment or dye against the Earth's gravity. Secondly we could tap into funding for similar projects whilst eliminating a potential threat to the survival of human race.

The giveaway might be when section P suddenly becomes bean bag only, then you'll know it was me. That day is coming.

I don't want a bloody bean bag. How are you supposed to enjoy your pie & bovril whilst laying almost horizontal? :angry:

I don't want a bloody bean bag. How are you supposed to enjoy your pie & bovril whilst laying almost horizontal? :angry:

I think the refreshments would be different in the beanbag section. You would want to be in the pies and pints South Terrace.

I think the refreshments would be different in the beanbag section. You would want to be in the pies and pints South Terrace.

no, I'd want to remain in Section Party, but without these harebrained bean bag schemes.

enough's enough - Mad Redm oot! :down:

If all the debt, including the DFE swaps restructured as loans to enable UBIG to recoup their outlay, stays with the club then it may well be a Rangers type sale. If you are looking for a debt free club AND to own all the assets you are probably looking at around ?80m - ?100m.

If all the debt, including the DFE swaps restructured as loans to enable UBIG to recoup their outlay, stays with the club then it may well be a Rangers type sale. If you are looking for a debt free club AND to own all the assets you are probably looking at around ?80m - ?100m.

No chance.

Lossmaking club with no prospect of profits and assets worth under ?10m to be sold for ?80-100m?

As I said it would require someone to be marbleless to consider paying more than ?10m. The question of what the owner thinks the value of the club is quite interesting though.

No chance.

Lossmaking club with no prospect of profits and assets worth under ?10m to be sold for ?80-100m?

As I said it would require someone to be marbleless to consider paying more than ?10m. The question of what the owner thinks the value of the club is quite interesting though.

The current "value" of the club is zilch. Our actual "debt" does not accurately reflect the costs that UBIG have incurred during their stewardship of the club. I agree there is not a hope in hell that anyone will pay the figure mentioned I was merely suggesting that "if" UBIG/UKIO were looking to be fully reimbursed for their outlay, and the new owners were to take full ownership of the clubs assets, then the figure mentioned might just about do it.

The percieved "value" of the club is tied to the debt and the dfe swaps that have already taken place, and how UBIG views this.

The current "value" of the club is zilch. Our actual "debt" does not accurately reflect the costs that UBIG have incurred during their stewardship of the club. I agree there is not a hope in hell that anyone will pay the figure mentioned I was merely suggesting that "if" UBIG/UKIO were looking to be fully reimbursed for their outlay, and the new owners were to take full ownership of the clubs assets, then the figure mentioned might just about do it.

The percieved "value" of the club is tied to the debt and the dfe swaps that have already taken place, and how UBIG views this.

That money is gone. UBIG have been financially punished to some extent for the horrendous financial running of the company and will take more deserved financial punishment at some point in the future.

The value of the club is what the assets and any potential profits/dividends would be worth. The asset value can be adjusted by the debts but given the vast bulk is owed to parent and group companies it is unnecessary to do that. Better to ignore that and look at what the business could be worth to a buyer. Basically the Tynecastle site minus a bit of ongoing losses plus sentimental value. That would set the price for a potential sale. UBIG might be unwilling to take the losses which would enable a sale though of course. :lol:

That money is gone. UBIG have been financially punished to some extent for the horrendous financial running of the company and will take more deserved financial punishment at some point in the future.

The value of the club is what the assets and any potential profits/dividends would be worth. The asset value can be adjusted by the debts but given the vast bulk is owed to parent and group companies it is unnecessary to do that. Better to ignore that and look at what the business could be worth to a buyer. Basically the Tynecastle site minus a bit of ongoing losses plus sentimental value. That would set the price for a potential sale. UBIG might be unwilling to take the losses which would enable a sale though of course. :lol:

Which is kindof what I was trying to say really ;)

So ?391m IMO.

:thumbsup:

Archived