Difficult times

Tenor

Hearts manager Paulo Sergio admits he is experiencing a difficult time at his new club following defeat in his first league game. Hearts haven?t been able to train due to the weather in Edinburgh, and Sergio says losing players to international duty hasn?t helped.

It was not ideal, because in a good week to work that we should have, this one, so many people are injured and players went to their national teams. So it was not the ideal thing but we work, we try to put our ideas in place. Today we have a negative thing; we can?t practice, these two days? always raining, the pitches? too much water! Difficult times. I?m upset because I can?t work today.

If you work, you can change the things. If you can?t work, it?s more difficult. But there are things that we can?t control.

How much better can we really be for Saturday now?

Sergio does not sound confident. Now I'm not confident of beating Aberdeen

alwaysthereinspirit

How much better can we really be for Saturday now?

Who did Hearts have on international duty? Cant be bothered looking it up.

Prince Buaben

Kello, Zaliukas and Jonsson id imagine.

i would assume kello, zal (maybe), jonsson (dont know if iceland had a game) and maybe rudi

Charlie-Brown

Most of the rest of the SPL teams will be equally disadvantaged - especially finding somewhere to train without drowning!

hearts_crazy

1 - Aberdeen will be in the same boat

2 - Aberdeen are shite

All is well.

1 - Aberdeen will be in the same boat

2 - Aberdeen are shite

All is well.

FFS we need boats!

Didn't think the rain was that bad

PauloSergioBentoBrito

LOOK FFS.

Ther guys said its been a hard week, because players are injured, players are away on international duty and the weathers been crap.

END OF STORY.

No doom or gloom. We'll beat aberdeen!

Gregory House M.D.

Can they no train indoors ffs. Get on with it sergio and stop making excuses.

:facepalm:

Hearts will get beat on Saturday.

Aberdeen haven't even scored this season as yet i don't think but with our defence they'll likely get a goal or two on Saturday. Them scoring isn't the issue here though, it's whether or not we score. Both games against Utd and Motherwell, there was a feeling of...."well that's it, they've scored, games over" around the stands. No attacking midfielders is a major problem, the only one that can't or won't see it is Vlad. It's upto Sergio to get this sorted with the mad one and if he doesn't then we're in for a long hard season and trying to scrape a result here and there.

Gregory House M.D.

Aberdeen haven't even scored this season as yet i don't think but with our defence they'll likely get a goal or two on Saturday. Them scoring isn't the issue here though, it's whether or not we score. Both games against Utd and Motherwell, there was a feeling of...."well that's it, they've scored, games over" around the stands. No attacking midfielders is a major problem, the only one that can't or won't see it is Vlad. It's upto Sergio to get this sorted with the mad one and if he doesn't then we're in for a long hard season and trying to scrape a result here and there.

FFS :vrface: "scrape a result here and there" :facepalm: Season: 3 games, Managerial reign: 1 1/2 weeks.

FFS :vrface: "scrape a result here and there" :facepalm: Season: 3 games, Managerial reign: 1 1/2 weeks.

The defence is all over the place, we've no attack from midfield so strikers aren't getting chances as such and the midfield just happily pass the ball across the pitch in the hope that someone might take some sort of responsibility. 3 games in or not, there was 9 points potentially to take, we've got 1 in perhaps the game we'd least expect then you add that we've not won a League game since March. I'm not sayin anything other than what we see in front of us. We need a centre-half, an attacking midfielder, a right-back and another left-back, not another Ian Black in Mikey Stewart.

The defence is all over the place, we've no attack from midfield so strikers aren't getting chances as such and the midfield just happily pass the ball across the pitch in the hope that someone might take some sort of responsibility. 3 games in or not, there was 9 points potentially to take, we've got 1 in perhaps the game we'd least expect then you add that we've not won a League game since March. I'm not sayin anything other than what we see in front of us. We need a centre-half, an attacking midfielder, a right-back and another left-back, not another Ian Black in Mikey Stewart.

I get that we are not playing well but "the strikers not getting chances" part could only really apply to the motherwell game imo. Elliott missed two gilt edged chances against united and there were plenty goalscoring opportunities against Paksi. Also we should`ve been out of sight by halftime at Ibrox.

Gregory House M.D.

I'd be happy with:

Kello

McGowan Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Mroweic

Driver Stewart Novikovas

Skacel Sutton

Quite easily beat Aberdeen IMO.

heartsfc_fan

I'd be happy with:

Kello

McGowan Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Mroweic

Driver Stewart Novikovas

Skacel Sutton

Quite easily beat Aberdeen IMO.

Swap Mrowiec with Hamill and Novikovas with Temps and I think that will be it.

Gregory House M.D.

Swap Mrowiec with Hamill and Novikovas with Temps and I think that will be it.

Templeton's played shite for 7 months. It's time for The Lithuanian Wonderkid to tear the league apart.

I get that we are not playing well but "the strikers not getting chances" part could only really apply to the motherwell game imo. Elliott missed two gilt edged chances against united and there were plenty goalscoring opportunities against Paksi. Also we should`ve been out of sight by halftime at Ibrox.

I know what you're saying but we seem to be limited to two or three chances per game. This is to do with the lack of movement in midfield. The chances that Elliott had against Utd should've been put away but they came from wide areas, not through midfield. I was at Motherwell on Sunday and we were pretty much restricted to efforts from distance against them where as Motherwell played through our midfield. The goal they scored was a neat goal with some short passing moves in and around our box. I also think that's why Sutton hasn't settled as yet, he was used to playing link-ups with his midfield, now he's playing the target man which doesn't suit his game, he's no Kevin Kyle. I think Sutton will come good but he needs support from midfield and not getting it right now. The Paksi result was good because we played on top of their defensive area more so in the first half, we didn't do this against Utd or Motherwell.

i've said since the motherwell game, this games got 0-0 or 0-1 (to the sheep) written all over it :unsure:

Gregory House M.D.

i've said since the motherwell game, this games got 0-0 or 0-1 (to the sheep) written all over it :unsure:

Bollocks.

Cheers.

Templeton's played shite for 7 months. It's time for The Lithuanian Wonderkid to tear the league apart.

Novikovas is not the answer. One cross v hobos and a deflected goal v Aberdeen doesn't make him a player. Not yet anyway

RoussetsShorts

:Vlad-Stupid:

Feck sake, doom and gloom or what. Still the same team that played great first half v the huns. Never played that bad against UTD and Motherwell, always a hard away game especially after a Thursday European game. Hope these Supporters are going to cheer their team on Sat n not bring their negative doom and gloom shite with them!! HHGH :whistling:

Breakin' Rocks

Why do you say that?

First impressions seems to wittier on when being interviewed. A manager moaning about international week and the weather happens the world over. He showed a complete lack of imagination/stamping his authority on the team against Motherwell on Sunday.

Dreadful performance a passing game is that no yogi hughes territory.

My prediction is the season will be a series of low scoring poor entertainment games under this guy.

VR gets to pick the team again though.

I also think he is not very streetwise when it comes to the less than subtle aspects that infest the game in this country.

Hope I am wrong.

First impressions seems to wittier on when being interviewed. A manager moaning about international week and the weather happens the world over. He showed a complete lack of imagination/stamping his authority on the team against Motherwell on Sunday.

My prediction is the season will be a series of low scoring poor entertainment games under this guy.

I also think he is not very streetwise when it comes to the less than subtle aspects that infest the game in this country.

Hope I am wrong.

Blimey!

Give the guy a chance. All he meant in the interview was he needs a chance to work with the players and because of matches in quick succession then other factors this week he hasn't had the chance to do that. Fair comments, I would have thought.

More than Hughes like passing football.

The rest is just your opinion but give the guy a chance he's just in the door.

Ricardo Quaresma

Hope I am wrong.

:facepalm:

You can't possibly predict this

Breakin' Rocks

Blimey!

Give the guy a chance. All he meant in the interview was he needs a chance to work with the players and because of matches in quick succession then other factors this week he hasn't had the chance to do that. Fair comments, I would have thought.

More than Hughes like passing football.

The rest is just your opinion but give the guy a chance he's just in the door.

Most professional who take on a management role tend to do their homework before they take on the responsibility. This guy hasn't,t. How many players on international duty ? Less than a lot of other clubs. What other factors ?

Same old crap we,ve had for nigh on six years. Roll on playing the Dons whose budget for players is probably about one fifth of ours. Will we see that gap on the pitch I doubt it.

He's just in the job. He just wants, or feels he need a wee bit time with the players. How you can work out the rest of what you think from an interview and a 1-0 defeat with ten men is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Can they no train indoors ffs. Get on with it sergio and stop making excuses.

Thought that was the point of an indoor full size pitch - this is pathetic!

LOOK FFS.

Ther guys said its been a hard week, because players are injured, players are away on international duty and the weathers been crap.

END OF STORY.

No doom or gloom. We'll beat aberdeen!

Well said. People just look for problems and players look for excuses.

Just grow a feckin pair(the players) and get in about it and on with the job. Adjust, adapt or what feckin ever....be men!

jamboinglasgow

Except we don't have a full size indoor pitch.

IMO, posts like this are pathetic! :mad:

This dude going to be the southern European Csabe. Gone before the end of the year.

Iberian...?

Tokyo Drifter

Chins up, people. Aberdeen haven't scored a goal yet and they won't on Saturday. Means we'll get a point at least.

The Mighty Thor

Chins up, people. Aberdeen haven't scored a goal yet and they won't on Saturday. Means we'll get a point at least.

I wasn't aware of that.

Our speciality is breaking the opoosing team's streaks therefore i expect the Dandy Dons to get off the mark on Saturday.

2-1 Hearts :thumbsup: in a turgid affair :(

Archived