This Saturday v Aberdeen

Homme

Must admit i am looking forward to this Saturdays game v Aberdeen.

This will be the first full week Paulo Sergio has had to implement his ideas to the players and stamp his authority on the way we play. In my opinion the home game v Paks was pretty much a Jefferies team and i think we would have won regardless of who was in charge. At Fir Park on Sunday we seen glimpses of how Paulo wants us to play but with him still just being pretty much in the door at the time i reckon there wasn't enough time to get the players used to it. The sending off of Black scuppered his game plan too.

Expecting to see more building, patient play from the back and hopefully we will be more clinical in front of goal when the chances come. I'm sure they will have been working on this style of play in training all week so hopefully the players will be much more familiar with it, and confident in playing this way too.

Thoughts?

I am full of confidence that Paulo will turn out to be an excellent manager..

However their are players in this Hearts team that would find it impossible to play attractive, quick, passing football..

He said it in an interview and we all know it.. We need to get rid of some players and replace them with hopefully players he has in mind..

We definately need new midfielders for a start.. New strikers to..

I could list the players that we could do without but everyone knows who they are and there is no point going through them again..

My hope is that Vlad manages to get rid of some players and backs this manager.. then lets see how he gets on.. Between the lower teams in the Portugese top division and the lower leagues i bet there are some gems to be found..

Have to agree with the fact we don't have the personel to play this system at the moment. We are going to have to persist for the time being though as there is not going to be any level of turnaround in the next 2-3 weeks.

You never know, they may surprise us but the thought of Zal tippy tappying around the penalty box all season is scary! :down:

Must admit i am looking forward to this Saturdays game v Aberdeen.

This will be the first full week Paulo Sergio has had to implement his ideas to the players and stamp his authority on the way we play. In my opinion the home game v Paks was pretty much a Jefferies team and i think we would have won regardless of who was in charge. At Fir Park on Sunday we seen glimpses of how Paulo wants us to play but with him still just being pretty much in the door at the time i reckon there wasn't enough time to get the players used to it. The sending off of Black scuppered his game plan too.

Expecting to see more building, patient play from the back and hopefully we will be more clinical in front of goal when the chances come. I'm sure they will have been working on this style of play in training all week so hopefully the players will be much more familiar with it, and confident in playing this way too.

Thoughts?

While i always believe in striving for better, it takes alot of time and personel change to make a new vision on the game work. I`m not so sure if PS`s theory on the game is going to suddenly engulf the squad and they take to it like a duck does to water.

Part of a manager`s job is to get the best from what he has, working out who`s best at doing what and what some can`t do.

Personally, i think JJ done this for most part last season. Once he got the squad disciplined to stop lumping it and we played a more varied and controlled game, there was nothing wrong with the way we played last season...more so during our strong period.

While adding tit bits of his own theory, i hope PS sees what strengths we have to play to with the current crop of players and maybe through time a bit gloss will be added with his outlook. But to attempt a complete overhaul just now might be a disaster.

Cut The Crap

I'm back to dreading each game.

Me too, I'm afraid. Driver selected despite the fact he is patently unfit, Vlad bringing the ginger whinger back into the fold and the "manager's" downbeat performance at this morning's press conference don't really engender much optimism for the weekend.

Archived