Aberdeen end sold out for Saturday

RoyCropper

According to my sheep workmate. Apart from 200 tickets which would be sold at a cash gate.

Not sure how true it is though.

Should be a decent atmosphere if true. :woot:

An Aberdeen fan has made a claim about how many away fans they bring and you believe him?

Deary me :vrface:

chester copperpot

An Aberdeen fan has made a claim about how many away fans they bring and you believe him?

Deary me :vrface:

:lol:

They'll most probably have another 5K fans locked out as well.

Hate to dissapoint you, as much as I would too love to rip into Aberdeen fans, the OP is correct. :(

Just checked on the Aberdeen website.

No complaints here,well done,sheep!

Nothing worse than the Roseburn with a wee pocket of fans tucked up in the corner.

If you're going to have a go then criticise them!

Well Hearts fans can buy 2 sections of the Roseburn so presumably Aberdeen are only getting the same, with a gap inbetween. Big bully for them.

Well Hearts fans can buy 2 sections of the Roseburn so presumably Aberdeen are only getting the same, with a gap inbetween. Big bully for them.

Indeed.

They'll have sold about 1,400 tickets, and yet claim it's nearer 5,000 - despite the whole Roseburn only holding about 3,500.

Jambof3tornado

I assume thats 2 sections sold out and the extra 600 at the cash turnstyles will just reduce the segregation gap.

Good for them.

The usual 4500 Dons fans will be there in a stand that holds 3800, hoping this is the day Eoin Jess finally fulfills his potential.

Better call Saul

And they will come along with their vast array of football songs the whole two of them... O when the sheep .. and aberdeen aberdeen aberdeen.. etc etc

The usual 4500 Dons fans will be there in a stand that holds 3800, hoping this is the day Eoin Jess finally fulfills his potential.

PMSL

I usually sit in with the Red Army when we play The Dons, always take the opportunity to meet up with a couple of sheep supporting mates who get me a ticket.

Quite a strange experience being in the away end at Tynecastle. Anyone else ever do this?

Last time I did it we got done 3-0 though, Csaba's swansong I think.

Usually restrict my celebrations to a wee covert nudge on the mates!

The Comedian

Mid 40's central belt glory hunters do it again.

When they die their away support will match Inverurie Locos.

Nap.

It`s getting to me hearing skittery clubs fans like the Sheep, United, Motherwell having a good time at Tynie in recent times...get the fackin finger out Hearts and shut these caaants up on Sat.......

It`s getting to me hearing skittery clubs fans like the Sheep, United, Motherwell having a good time at Tynie in recent times...get the fackin finger out Hearts and shut these caaants up on Sat.......

Exactly :thumbsup: 3 points is essential on Saturday. If we get beat that would be 1 point out of a possible 12 and were meant to be winning the league this year. :whistling:

Gregory House M.D.

1. Aberdeen don't and won't get the full end.

2. They usually get 1section at the end.

Good on them and fair play if they have. Don't understand people's reaction, I hate seeing the empty spaces in the Roseburn when there's no away fans. Should be a cracking atmosphere, wish I wasn't working :down:

Mind you, selling out 1400 tickets for such a glamorous fixture against Heart of Midlothian in such a stadium as Tynecastle isn't really an amazing feat when you think of it.

:verysmug:

Seriously though there was a time, not so long ago, when the Sheep did (near enough) sell out the Roseburn quite regularly.

Should be a good atmosphere though :thumbsup:

Mid 40's central belt glory hunters do it again.

When they die their away support will match Inverurie Locos.

Nap.

Went to an Aberdeen game at Easter Road with a Dons supporting mate a couple of seasons back and the vast majority of the Aberdeen support were imo 18-35, so i find the above statement that crops-up all over the place a bit inaccurate. It's probably more the fact that an average journey time of 2-3 hours on a train/coach etc with your mates, having a bevvy is actually more appealing.

On the reverse if we were able to go to a half-decent stadium where the away-end provides decent conditions/facilities, a stand where an excellent atmosphere can be created, and a handful of decent pubs nearby etc, we would take more fans to Aberdeen.

Surely the away end at Pittodrie has to be one of the worst in the SPL and that combined with the weather probably puts-off a few of the less loyal fans who would go to St Mirren/Dunfermline/St Johnstone etc.

I really dont get the reaction either.

More bums on seats is fine by me - used to quite enjoy Aberdeen games when they pretty much sold out the Roseburn.

They are bringing as many (if not more) to us than we would take to them, and probably going to give us our first 'decent' gate. Still, i'm sure it would be a MUCH better game if it were observed in front of 12k in relative silence....

Pity most of their fans don't bother going to Pittodrie these days.

nor ours, used to be one of the best away trips.

We_are_the_Hearts

nor ours, used to be one of the best away trips.

Never been the same since the Beach end got demolished! Used to take a good squad up there most times! Our away support is pretty pathetic these days unfortunately.

What's the problem?

Would much rather have them bringing down a good size support and create an atmosphere than them turning up like St Mirren with a couple of hundred fans rammed into the corner.

I expect them to flood the pitch with bog roll or to have some sort of banner to noise us up as well.

Looking forward to it.

Auldreekie1874

They really are bringing the usual thousands!

Hearts have advised us turnstiles will open at 2pm, but we have asked them to open turnstiles earlier than this due to the high number of Aberdeen fans expected. We will amend this article if this is agreed by Hearts.

:teehee:

Buffalo Bill

Hearts v Aberdeen is normally a noisy fixture - one of the better ones to attend.

They normally bring a good support because it's an attractive fixture for them, good opposition, good stadium and a great away day in Edinburgh; plus a lot of their studenty fans tend to be based in Edinburgh anyway.

Pants Shaton

Can I just point out that there has NEVER been a time when these clowns regularly filled the Roseburn. Utter nonsense.

Can I just point out that there has NEVER been a time when these clowns regularly filled the Roseburn. Utter nonsense.

This. I think they almost filled it once, which was the game Jimmy Calderwood claimed they had 5,000 fans at the game! :D :D

Can the title of the thread be changed to "Aberdeen fill a couple of sections in an end" please. The thread title is spectacularly misleading.

Clerry Jambo

Can the title of the thread be changed to "Aberdeen fill a couple of sections in an end" please. The thread title is spectacularly misleading.

Not really misleading, they have sold their allocation.

Sheep have always had a more than decent away support.

Not really misleading, they have sold their allocation.

Sheep have always had a more than decent away support.

Not denying that. Their allocation is 2 sections and the end has 5 sections hence the end isn't sold out but their allocation is. If the thread had stated Aberdeen have sold their allocation it would be correct but it states they have sold the end when clearly they havent.

Hopefully the usual 10,000 they bring can fit into the 18,00 seats they get in the rosie.

Well maybe we can stream the game live to Easter road,It might be the only way they can fill the seats in that new stand

Hmmm...... a few YIDS making an early trip up perhaps? Helping to swell their numbers?

Would have to give credit to any YIDS masochistic enough to take in 2 games in Scotland in 5 days....... :whistling:

Archived