Response to Stadium Survey

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

With so much happening over the last 2 months the issue of the stadium seems to be forgotten.

They must now know the results of the survey and be thinking about what to do for the best future of the club.

Hopefully we will hear something soon after the Spurs games are out the way.

Gregory House M.D.

With so much happening over the last 2 months the issue of the stadium seems to be forgotten.

They must now know the results of the survey and be thinking about what to do for the best future of the club.

Is it only me who doesn't see whats to gain by moving, debt-wise? How much would Tynecastle actually be worth? ?10m-?15m? What are our current debt levels? ?30m? Read in the paper today that sergejus said there's another ?10mHearts debt-for-equity swap planned. But after costs to build the new stadium, even if Edinburgh Rugby and Edinburgh Council are footing some of the bill, won't we just be in more debt with 8,000 extra seats?

Is it only me who doesn't see whats to gain by moving, debt-wise? How much would Tynecastle actually be worth? ?10m-?15m? What are our current debt levels? ?30m? Read in the paper today that sergejus said there's another ?10mHearts debt-for-equity swap planned. But after costs to build the new stadium, even if Edinburgh Rugby and Edinburgh Council are footing some of the bill, won't we just be in more debt with 8,000 extra seats?

I think it's more about the lack of corporate facilites at tynecastle. new stadium with have a lot more and function suites so it can bring in more money on match days and maybe for non football events. because of the distilery, the new main stand has to be built to the same size of the old one,so not a lot of room to make improvments

heartsfc_fan

I think it's more about the lack of corporate facilites at tynecastle. new stadium with have a lot more and function suites so it can bring in more money on match days and maybe for non football events. because of the distilery, the new main stand has to be built to the same size of the old one,so not a lot of room to make improvments

Apparently Hearts are considering using the current club shop and making that into a bar. Then moving the club shop to the buildings behind the current main stand? That would be a start. They also need to use that space under the Wheatfield IMO.

Yeah the shop is definitely moving to the old buildings where the ticket office is now.

I don't see why we can't utilise the abundance of space under each of the new stands to build corporate facilities, although that doesn't solve our capacity problems..

heartsfc_fan

Have the club looked into extending the Wheatfield stand? There is room behind it for expansion I reckon.

Apparently Hearts are considering using the current club shop and making that into a bar. Then moving the club shop to the buildings behind the current main stand? That would be a start. They also need to use that space under the Wheatfield IMO.

Thant sounds good, will there be space under school end?. I thought pitch size was a problem also,I think we are at the minimum dimensions for uefa games

Gregory House M.D.

Thant sounds good, will there be space under school end?. I thought pitch size was a problem also,I think we are at the minimum dimensions for uefa games

We don't meet UEFA requirements for pitch-size beyon the qualifiers i think. If we beat Spurs, we'd have to play at Murrayfield for the groups.

Not 100% sure though.

Italian Lambretta

I think the pitch size is very important if we want to play this utopian brand of footbal Vlad expects.

Corporate facilities and pitch size will be a majo factor if we decide to move from Tynie.

The survey was a con, Vlad has decided Hearts are moving in three years.

I am not in the know, but got info from someone who is.

Vlad is going to say a new stand will cost ?30M but a new stadia elsewhere will cost ?35M

so it makes sense to move.

Let's hope some Hearts supporter wins the Euro Lotto before then.

J Cheever Loophole

The survey was a con, Vlad has decided Hearts are moving in three years.

I am not in the know, but got info from someone who is.

Vlad is going to say a new stand will cost ?30M but a new stadia elsewhere will cost ?35M

so it makes sense to move.

Let's hope some Hearts supporter wins the Euro Lotto before then.

I been thinking that last weeks Ticket Office shambles was part of Mr Romanovs strategy to get us round to his way of thinking,moving to a bigger stadium.

Have the club looked into extending the Wheatfield stand? There is room behind it for expansion I reckon.

would probably require a completly new stand - similar to what is being proposed for the auld main stand... costs would be similar, if not more also.

Also, take into account that the auld main stand may well have its 'elf & safety certificate revoked in the near future...

bigsuperslim1874

Totally back the idea of utilising the space under the stands - i have thot that for years. Also, i have always wondered why we have never considered 'filling in the corners' at each end of the wheatfield. There would be an impact on floodlights although not insurmountable and the atmosphere would be even better with no gaps for the sound to filter through.

Some of the figures being quoted for the new stand are crazy!

Totally back the idea of utilising the space under the stands - i have thot that for years. Also, i have always wondered why we have never considered 'filling in the corners' at each end of the wheatfield. There would be an impact on floodlights although not insurmountable and the atmosphere would be even better with no gaps for the sound to filter through.

Some of the figures being quoted for the new stand are crazy!

With regards to filling in the corners, the problem isn't with the floodlights, but with the roof, those big scaffold pillars in the corner hold the roof on

Archived