Spurs end at WHL ?

Drewjambobusby

Drewjambobusby

Maybe one for our Spurs friends who have posted on here. I stay down in Berkshire but originally from Edinburgh. I have a season ticket holder mate at WHL who can probably get me tickets for the Spurs end on 25th. That is if my brother doesn`t come through with Hearts tickets.

Firstly, do you think that would be okay ? and am i liable to get serious trouble being in wrong end ? Banter i can handle,just don`t fancy having to have eyes in the back of my head. And secondly, if i do get Hearts tickets and Spurs tickets are available to others would any of the JKB crew be interested ? I am sure we could meet up in London and dispense said tickets to fellow Jambos ?

Anyway, like everyone else i am in the dark at moment and thought i would throw it into the mix.

Era Macaroons

Maybe one for our Spurs friends who have posted on here. I stay down in Berkshire but originally from Edinburgh. I have a season ticket holder mate at WHL who can probably get me tickets for the Spurs end on 25th. That is if my brother doesn`t come through with Hearts tickets.

Firstly, do you think that would be okay ? and am i liable to get serious trouble being in wrong end ? Banter i can handle,just don`t fancy having to have eyes in the back of my head. And secondly, if i do get Hearts tickets and Spurs tickets are available to others would any of the JKB crew be interested ? I am sure we could meet up in London and dispense said tickets to fellow Jambos ?

Anyway, like everyone else i am in the dark at moment and thought i would throw it into the mix.

I'lll go to Spurs end if I dont get Hearts end ticket, dont see any probs.

Scarf ? or is that pushing it ?

I would say so. We are waiting to see what happens with our allocation,but if not (thanks to a spurs ST holder) we will be sitting in the spurs end,which i am ok with (better than nothing).

chester copperpot

No way would you get away with wearing a Hearts scarf, and neither you should.

I reckon anyone wearing opposing colours in the wrong end would (rightly so) end up getting a right shoeing.

I however, will risk the home end if I don't get a ticket for the away end. My ex boss is a ST holder at WHL.

Drewjambobusby

Okay. Era Macaroons. If i get sorted with Hearts tickets i will PM you to find out your situation and if you want Spurs tickets i will sort for you.

Victor Meldrew

I might be interested in joining an undercover Jambo contingent in the home end if I can't get an away end ticket.

Era Macaroons

Okay. Era Macaroons. If i get sorted with Hearts tickets i will PM you to find out your situation and if you want Spurs tickets i will sort for you.

Superb, my chances of Hearts end are ob slim, so will take you up on this if Im empty handed. cheers.

Drewjambobusby

Okay boys will post my cirumstances on this thread and get Spurs mate to take as many as he can get. I will try to sort things out for some of those unfortunate enough not to get Hearts tickets, if i can.

Fingers Crossed.

chester copperpot

Okay boys will post my cirumstances on this thread and get Spurs mate to take as many as he can get. I will try to sort things out for some of those unfortunate enough not to get Hearts tickets, if i can.

Fingers Crossed.

Be careful, because if Spurs give us 7K (wishful thinking) tickets, you may end up with unsaleable tickets for the match.

Drewjambobusby

Be careful, because if Spurs give us 7K (wishful thinking) tickets, you may end up with unsaleable tickets for the match.

Yeah Mate was going to wait and see what announcement Hearts make first. Think Spurs tickets for Spurs fans are available from 9.30am this morning for members etc but mate doesn`t think interest will be massive from Spurs fans. Therefre, that should give me enough leeway.

chester copperpot

Yeah Mate was going to wait and see what announcement Hearts make first. Think Spurs tickets for Spurs fans are available from 9.30am this morning for members etc but mate doesn`t think interest will be massive from Spurs fans. Therefre, that should give me enough leeway.

Neither do I, which makes me believe we will get what we want ticket wise (hopefully).

Drewjambobusby

Neither do I, which makes me believe we will get what we want ticket wise (hopefully).

Hope so. I am old school and can`t stand not wearing colours !!!!!

Drewjambobusby

Hud a right hook at Fester Road many moons ago when wee robbo scored in the dying minutes from a free kick after coming on as a sub. Forget when exactly .............. To be fair it was a gay punch !!

The Old Tolbooth

I'm thinking that London police are very much on edge mate, and they will be advising Spurs to give Scottish fans as little tickets as possible because they will see this as a powder keg Scotland v England clash, even although we're treating this as our cup final and fully expect to go out, I don't see us getting anymore than the 1800, although I really hope I'm wrong. There's going to be 5-6000 (possibly more) of us down there anyway.

On another note, I'm in your hotel now :ninja:

chester copperpot

I'm thinking that London police are very much on edge mate, and they will be advising Spurs to give Scottish fans as little tickets as possible because they will see this as a powder keg Scotland v England clash, even although we're treating this as our cup final and fully expect to go out, I don't see us getting anymore than the 1800, although I really hope I'm wrong. There's going to be 5-6000 (possibly more) of us down there anyway.

Sweet, haha.

Not checking in on the Thursday till after the game. Staying in Trafalgar square from 9am onwards. Could be a long day after me being off the booze since the start of July.

jambo in iraq

maybe i am wrong but it certainly used to be the case that away teams in europe were entitled to a minimum 10% of allocated seating if requested, that would mean a minimum of 3600 at WHL.

Would have loved to have gone to this one especially as I travelled from iraq for the last round in Hungry, but then again I think I'm honest enough to admit that the priority should always be with the guys who go week in week out.

Mind you Iraq seems a safer place than London at the moment so maybe Im better sticking put!

LOL! Seriously?

The stewards would throw you out for your own safety.

Read the small print. Any away supporter found in a home sections will be ejected.

Best you start practising

ha I like your optimism although judguing by the last couple games, practicing keeping quiet is something we have all ahd to do. Also, I live in Greece from May until October so sadly Im missing it.

Drewjambobusby

LOL! Seriously?

The stewards would throw you out for your own safety.

Read the small print. Any away supporter found in a home sections will be ejected.

Sadly i am out of touch with all this :blink:

Going off the idea of this away end pish !! Thought you guys had a good reputation B)

Sadly i am out of touch with all this :blink:

Going off the idea of this away end pish !! Thought you guys had a good reputation B)

We have. We are not bullies but sitting in the home end with away colours is 'taking liberties' which is a heinous crime in Cockney-land.

portobellojambo1

I'm thinking that London police are very much on edge mate, and they will be advising Spurs to give Scottish fans as little tickets as possible because they will see this as a powder keg Scotland v England clash, even although we're treating this as our cup final and fully expect to go out, I don't see us getting any more than the 1800, although I really hope I'm wrong. There's going to be 5-6000 (possibly more) of us down there anyway.

I agree with this John, and I also don't think it will be as easy as some seem to think to get tickets for the home end down there. Spurs fans are reporting that for the tie up here the 1,200 tickets available were snapped up in about 5 minutes, and were grossly over subscribed (they had thousands of applications).

Maybe this tie is being viewed by them as a little more attractive than we thought, given the Scotland - England thing you refer to above. They only have to shift around 10,000 tickets for the home end (and have a ST waiting list of 45,000), given 23,500 already have the game on their ST, so picking up a home end ticket might not be as easy as some think (not trying to put people off, but think they should realise it is not an option they should be pinning their hopes on). This game could be one of the few chances those in the 45,000 category have of seeing the team play in European competition, and by taking up a ticket it may put them higher up the pecking order for future ties.

We have. We are not bullies but sitting in the home end with away colours is 'taking liberties' which is a heinous crime in Cockney-land.

Not just there, imagine an old firm fan in the Wheatfield with his Rangers or Celtic scarf. Ive seen people in hospitality (rightly) get grief for over celebrating in the Main Stand

Drewjambobusby

Roger. Understood. It is Plain Clothes then which incidentally co-incides with my day job anyway :whistling:

Hope we can all have a good drink and a laugh

I agree with this John, and I also don't think it will be as easy as some seem to think to get tickets for the home end down there for the home end there. Spurs fans are reporting that for the tie up here the 1,200 tickets available were snapped up in about 5 minutes, and were grossly over subscribed (they had thousands of applications).

Maybe this tie is being viewed by them as a little more attractive than we thought, given the Scotland - England thing you refer to above. They only have to shift around 10,000 tickets for the home end (and have a ST waiting list of 45,000), given 23,500 already have the game on their ST, so picking up a home end ticket might not be as easy as some think (not trying to put people off, but think they should realise it is not an option they should be pinning their hopes on). This game could be one of the few chances those in the 45,000 category have of seeing the team play in European competition, and by taking up a ticket it may put them higher up the pecking order for future ties.

An excellent post.

portobellojambo1

maybe i am wrong but it certainly used to be the case that away teams in europe were entitled to a minimum 10% of allocated seating if requested, that would mean a minimum of 3600 at WHL.

Would have loved to have gone to this one especially as I travelled from iraq for the last round in Hungry, but then again I think I'm honest enough to admit that the priority should always be with the guys who go week in week out.

Mind you Iraq seems a safer place than London at the moment so maybe Im better sticking put!

Nope, the maximum Spurs have to give us is 5%, which equates to 1,812 tickets, they have no obligation to offer us even one more ticket than that, irrespective of how many we ask for, and the maximum we were hoping to get was 2,900 (which is what many teams in the EPL get when visiting WHL).

The Old Tolbooth

I agree with this John, and I also don't think it will be as easy as some seem to think to get tickets for the home end down there for the home end there. Spurs fans are reporting that for the tie up here the 1,200 tickets available were snapped up in about 5 minutes, and were grossly over subscribed (they had thousands of applications).

45,000 waiting on a season ticket? :blink:

Seriously?

Surely if that's the case then they need a bigger stad.........ahhh, gotcha :thumbsup:

45,000 waiting on a season ticket? :blink:

Seriously?

Surely if that's the case then they need a bigger stad.........ahhh, gotcha :thumbsup:

Yes mate! I know for an absolute fact that it is within touching distance of 45k (one of my relatives is number 44930-odd).

Although to be fair, it was nearer 30k pre-Champions League qualification.

The Old Tolbooth

Yes mate! I know for an absolute fact that it is within touching distance of 45k (one of my relatives is number 44930-odd).

Although to be fair, it was nearer 30k pre-Champions League qualification.

Crikey, that's mind boggling mate, to think you could get crowds of 70k most weeks is amazing, and taking that into account I think Hearts fans will struggle to get tickets for your end as PJ1 describes above.

Archived