Will you be wearing a kilt to Spurs v Hearts at WHL?

Guest Prince William

180 members have voted

1. 1. Are you wearing a kilt to White Hart Lane?

I was thinking id wear a glengarry with a big peacock feather in it so that it gets in the way of everyone's view sitting behind me. But then I figured that I wasnt trying to appear on a shortbread tin, so think ill give it a miss.

Prenticeonthewing

Been happy to wear my kilt to many places/functions - but a Hearts game - sorry no thanks especially in London.

chester copperpot

I would hope no decent Hearts fan wears a fecking kilt

Embarrasing pish best left for the fartan army IMO.

Hearts kilt looks pretty good with the new top so if I get a ticket I'm in it. Had an "I will if you will" discussion with a mate at the game on Sunday so there should be two more of us.

Radio Ga Ga

It's a Hearts match so no, would you wear one to Tynecastle ? I preferred the guy dressed as 118 118 in Sarajavo !!

Who cares at the end of the day,we are all going to have a great laugh. Looking forward to meeting folk and having a good bit banter,we are all in this together,bring on spurs :thumbsup:

I would hope no decent Hearts fan wears a fecking kilt

Embarrasing pish best left for the fartan army IMO.

SAD ACTS!

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

I was thinking id wear a glengarry with a big peacock feather in it so that it gets in the way of everyone's view sitting behind me. But then I figured that I wasnt trying to appear on a shortbread tin, so think ill give it a miss.

If anyone sits at WHL it will be embarrassing.

Rousset, go'n stop following me about Kickback with a semi and a glazed look on your mug? It's creepy. laugh.gif

What about us old and imfirm fans?

80 year old man stand next to me in the front row of Section N and has done for at least 2 seasons.

It's unnatural to sit at the football tbh. You end up off your seat every few seconds anyway.

:wtfvlad:

Don't think he's been to the football since all seater stadia were introduced :( Probably explains the confusion.

Will be going casualed up, Marks and Spencer Polo t-shirt, Next jeans and a flashy pair of new Adidas Stan Smith.

Kilts ? aye right.

Francis Albert

80 year old man stand next to me in the front row of Section N and has done for at least 2 seasons.

It's unnatural to sit at the football tbh. You end up off your seat every few seconds anyway.

Oh come on? At your average Tynecastlegame? Unless yo have a very very severe bladder problem this can't be true.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Hearts strip, hearts tartan kilt and a pair of white converse, slick mick!

I have worn my kilt to games in Bordeaux, Basel and Prague for a bit of a carry on. Foreign burds lap the kilt up...

No danger I'd wear it to a Hearts game in this country though. Strictly terrace clobber for this one.

Thats brilliant. I was watching Scotland v Wales this year at Murrayfield and that's just what happened. The old guy in front with the feathers turned round at the bloke behind him who had asked him to take it off, and challenged him to fight. I couldn't believe it at the Rugby and all that. I told everybody to calm down and the old boy ripped out his feathers in the huff.

What I never get is people who stand dont seem to see the other side. i dont mind either way. I sit at Tynecastle cos we have to and I prefer it cos Ive got a 4 yr old nephew with me partly but I am totally fine with people who prefer to stand. But people who want to stand seem to get angry almost at those who want to sit. People who wanna stand, stand behind those who wanna sit. Simple no?

Who gives a shit what people wear? If you fancy a kilt, go for it.

I'll be looking cool as usual. Without a ticket probably.

:sob:

portobellojambo1

I think I've worn a kilt two or three times, all connected to weddings. I have absolutely no desire to go to any football match wearing a kilt, none whatsoever. While one could see a reason for some Scotland fans wanting to do it at international games I can see no reason for doing it at a Hearts game, none whatsoever.

I would never think of getting out of bed in the morning and thinking to myself "got a meeting at work today, a few of those at the meeting are coming up from the London sales centre, wonder if I should wear my kilt".

But as Craigieboy says, if people want to do it that is up to them, personally cannot understand it, not even slightly.

If I was single, I might have done (nowt to do with the footie, but just for going out on the pull after it). However, the missus is already miffed off enough with the news that I am going down to London then staying in Edinburgh for the derby when I get back, rather than travelling up north with her for a family do she has has on .......me leaving our gaff on Thursday morning kilted up with a massive carry out in tow could just send her over the edge!

I'll be wearing mine, I always wear it on European trips.

sarajevo13.jpg

Sarajevo, probably slightly less turmoil than Norff Lahnun just now.

RoussetsShorts

I have worn my kilt to games in Bordeaux, Basel and Prague for a bit of a carry on. Foreign burds lap the kilt up...

No danger I'd wear it to a Hearts game in this country though. Strictly terrace clobber for this one.

:spoton:

I preferred the guy dressed as 118 118 in Sarajavo !!

I wonder what Mr Watson will have dreamt up for this trip, Del Boy in Bordeaux was a good one as was Father's for Justice (can't remember which trip that was)

Patrick Bateman

Can't understand the levels of cringe when the issue of a Kilt is brought up. Who cares what other people are wearing? And why does the Tartan Army bring out such levels of hatred? All we need is a mention of Alex Salmond and how fat he is, and we have the full Billy Britain seethe collection. :thumbsup:

It's a Hearts fitba match not London tartan week.

Leave the kilts and timberlands in the kilt hire shop and dont be so stupid.

I wonder what Mr Watson will have dreamt up for this trip, Del Boy in Bordeaux was a good one as was Father's for Justice (can't remember which trip that was)

It was Braga away, and a Jambos for Justice banner when Romanov was trying to buy out Robinson.

I'll be wearing mine, given that I've scraped through with 100 points!

Archived