Hearts v Aberdeen hampden In the 90's

desmondo

Anyone got a news/ media link to the games ridiculous amount of arrests , guy at work reckons am slavering as i told him there were scores lifted

Cheers :thumbsup:

the windae cleaner

Anyone got a news/ media link to the games ridiculous amount of arrests , guy at work reckons am slavering as i told him there were scores lifted

was at game with my bro and watched in horror as glasgows finest threw a young lad into the old style dog vans :blink:

Nucky Thompson

They decided to blitz drunkeness at that game and loads of people were arrested for next to feck all :down: Remember it well it was the SC semi in '96

Remnants of Standards

Over 130 lifted. One of my mates was handcuffed and locked up for over five hours for drinking in the street. He wasn't drunk or aggressive, he just had a can on him.

He did say though the worst thing was constantly being told by the cops in the jail that Aberdeen had won!

Nightmare that day,i was walking towards Hampden that game and a county Mounty stopped me from going in because i was drunk[NOT]and if i didn't **** OFF i was getting lifted so up the road i walked and put my jumper on which was a different color turned around and walked past the same git on the horse and he never said a thing!!,they were looking for anyone to lift and the club even made an official complaint as it was unbelievable the amount of Jambos carted that day. :down:

They decided to blitz drunkeness at that game and loads of people were arrested for next to feck all :down: Remember it well it was the SC semi in '96

One of my mates got lifted for the henious crime of attempting to enter Hampden in possession of a flag with a stick in it.

Probably the worst policing of a game I've ever seen :verymad:

J Cheever Loophole

One of my mates got lifted for the henious crime of attempting to enter Hampden in possession of a flag with a stick in it.

Me also,there was 120 odd arrests IIRC .

I stopped a guy buying a flag for his son from a vender right outside Hampden as i'd seen the police taking them off folk yet the venders said hee haw about it the ****s!!!venders face??....not happy!!!

Think was something like 145 arrested

inc. 2 Aderdeen fans :(

It may be a different game but I think I've met one of the two Aberdeen fans. Apparently they tried to break up a fight between two Hearts fans and the police arrested the lot of them.

Police released them after the last train to Aberdeen left and because they were on an early morning shift they had to get a taxi back at a cost of about ?200.

Nightmare that day,i was walking towards Hampden that game and a county Mounty stopped me from going in because i was drunk[NOT]and if i didn't **** OFF i was getting lifted so up the road i walked and put my jumper on which was a different color turned around and walked past the same git on the horse and he never said a thing!!,they were looking for anyone to lift and the club even made an official complaint as it was unbelievable the amount of Jambos carted that day. :down:

Hoolie, hoolie, hooligan!

:teehee:

we had a policeman come over and rip the cane right out the flag, ripping the material, then telling us they weren't allowed. i was about to say something until my old man pulled me away and quietly told me to shut the feck up.

iirc i'm sure Aberdeen fans had them in their end that day.

terrible policing that day, its something we as a support will probably never forget. weegie polis **** **** ****

They were running a mini-bus along the street full of buzzies, pulling up along side fans and lifting them for next to nowt. My mate got kicked in the back by a senior plod officer for sitting on the queens highway apparently.

My mates old fella worked CID and he told me that there was a huge internal enquiry to the handling of that game. I'm sure he said L&B police also complained about the handling of the game.

Worst i've ever seen tbh. :verymad:

Hoolie, hoolie, hooligan!

:teehee:

That was the final curtain for the 20 20 bus as far as hiring L.R.T. For future games after that semi,hoolie :lol:

Adi Dassler

133 Hearts fans arrested according to press reports the next day.

Correct. Could still be a record?

I still have the front page of the EEN in a scrapbook I kept at the time.

Unless I am mistaken, or my memory is playing tricks on me after all these years, 'Lifted' by the Lighthouse Family was riding high in the charts round about then.

I was walking back to my bus with my my two kids (aged 9 & 14) at the time. A group of middle aged Aberdeen fans were having a bit of friendly banter with me and the nibblers, when I was grabbed by the neck bundled into a shop doorway and told to shut my effing mouth and get back to the bus (where I was going anyway) or I'd be gettin effing lifted.

I pointed out to this clown that as I was there with two young children I was hardly in a position to start any bother and, give the Aberdeen fans their due, they came across the road and also tried to explain the ridiculousness of his actions - only to be threatened with arrest as well.

Also the policeman in question wasn't some young rookie constable. He was at least an inspector as he had the spaghetti on his hat.

Silvery_Moon

They were running a mini-bus along the street full of buzzies, pulling up along side fans and lifting them for next to nowt. My mate got kicked in the back by a senior plod officer for sitting on the queens highway apparently.

My mates old fella worked CID and he told me that there was a huge internal enquiry to the handling of that game. I'm sure he said L&B police also complained about the handling of the game.

Worst i've ever seen tbh. :verymad:

That's my memory too. Off duty Lothian & Borders police who were there to support Hearts were completely and utterly appalled by the actions of their Glasgow counterparts.

I remember a story of a fan who was lifted and was not allowed his insulin that he needed. He put in a formal complaint. I seem to remember it was reported in the papers.

Radioactive Mince

I concur. Was just a 12 year-old lad at the time but seem to remember being in some kind of beer garden type area when the police waded in and folk started to run.

Great game, though. I always thought Allan Johnston got the winner? Was amazing to win a semi in those circumstances. Feck Aberdeen :lol:

I remember seeing a Hearts fan with an enflatable sheep, scarf tied round it's neck, walking it like it was a dog.

It was hilarious.

But then it would be to an 11 year old. :lol:

jambos16thmay1998

I was arrested for SINGING in queen st station after the game,4 hours and a few kicks in the cells then released without charge.I'll remember not to sing after a semi final victory !twats

Now that its been mentioned there was a bit of running around baring teeth episodes but nothing particularly naughty ... well the stuff that I can recall.

J Cheever Loophole

God made w****** big and small

Strathclyde Police employed them all.

Fact.

Buffalo Bill

The police then described Hearts as a 'provincial' team, forgetting our capital city status.

Archived