Hearts World International

pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist

Moving abroad later this month and loking at shelling out for HW International

Wondered if anyone on here used it and what the verdict was?

especially live game availability and streaming quality?

i plan on feeding from PC to HD television

appreciate any input guys

He Who Cannot Be Named

Apart from 1 game last season verses Inverness the service was pretty good, its has just gone up by a pound to ?6.99 per month but I would say its still worth it. The amount of live games you will get really depends on Sky/Espn/BBC Alba but they did show a fair amount last season and you still have audio commentary of all other games.

The website uses a 1mb flash player which will look pretty decent when you hook it up to you tv, you just got to make sure you have a decent interent connection or you might find yourself tearing your hair out.

Whitecapjambo

Apart from 1 game last season verses Inverness the service was pretty good, its has just gone up by a pound to ?6.99 per month but I would say its still worth it. The amount of live games you will get really depends on Sky/Espn/BBC Alba but they did show a fair amount last season and you still have audio commentary of all other games.

The website uses a 1mb flash player which will look pretty decent when you hook it up to you tv, you just got to make sure you have a decent interent connection or you might find yourself tearing your hair out.

I would pretty much agree with that. The quality is good enough to hook upto a decent sized tv, there was one or 2 live games last year that weren't great.

It can be frustrating but when it is good it is really good, and when it is bad it is really bad. In my particular case it is really the only service I can find that gives me the opportunity of live commentary if no T.V. Its better tnan anything I had twenty years ago.

People's experiences are obviously different on this one. My son is in the States and I have paid for his international subscription 2 or 3 times. He has experienced more problems than not, and frustatingly has not been able to view games which are paid for. You can understand how pissed off you would be when you're up at 5am for a game which doesn't come through! For the avoidance of doubt his own pc if fully updated and he has no problems other than with Hearts World. Customer service provision has been disappointing.

My advice would be to take out a 1 month or perhaps a 3 month membership to test reliability before committing to a years subscription. Hope it works for you.

Personally I have subscribed to Hearts World since it began; dont really make much use of it but given the money goes to Hearts I'm not complaining.

FireHearts98

I recommend buying it, as living in the States it's the best and usually only way to get Hearts games, yes a couple games are choppy a season, but the pros outweigh the cons for me

I"m 50/50 and about to cancel.

Big complaint is that you never know what is on, best way to find out is to look on the scotprem.com website. If its on sky/bbc alba/ espn they will show it.

But I am going to cancel as I have just bought a Mac Book and you cant watch highlights or audio news reports. I'm pretty sure I can watch games on other streaming websites so not like I"m missing out on anything.

Archived