BBC COVERAGE OF SPURS GAME

Drewjambobusby

On BBC fIxtures that both legs being covered by BBC with 6pm kick offs !!!!

Better not be!

I can't get to the Lane before about 6.15-6.30 from work.......

*******s!!!

All european matches this season have originally been scheduled for 6pm but have eventually changed to the usual time of 7.45.

Even if it is 6pm that is most likely CET which is 7pm here.

Drewjambobusby

Better not be!

I can't get to the Lane before about 6.15-6.30 from work.......

*******s!!!

Just had text from mate and he is adamant. I cannot find it on any web site for the beeb so hopefully it`s crap for your sake.

Just had text from mate and he is adamant. I cannot find it on any web site for the beeb so hopefully it`s crap for your sake.

Actually Drew you could be right, just looked at the list of fixtures and it starts off with one kicking off at 1700, lots at 1800 then some at 1930 and 1945.

I would be amazed if a Europe tie involving 2 Bristish teams will kick off at 1800 but i could be wrong.

It's going to be so weird seeing the likes of Lineker talk about Hearts for 2 hours.

:Hearts Man spotrun: :flagwave::verysmug:

All european matches this season have originally been scheduled for 6pm but have eventually changed to the usual time of 7.45.

Even if it is 6pm that is most likely CET which is 7pm here.

No it isn't, 6pm CET is is 5pm here, and BBC wouldn't use CET anyway.

Optimus Prime

The time slots for Europa League games are 6pm and 8.05pm. The 6pm ones are usually for eastern european teams playing at home due to the time difference.

I'd be very surprised if TV companies were not pushing for a 8.05pm for an all british tie at peak time.

No it isn't, 6pm CET is is 5pm here, and BBC wouldn't use CET anyway.

Haha, of course it is. I'm too busy dreaming about loyalty points and my mind has clearly gone wonky!

Drewjambobusby

Isn't the BBC site referring to radio coverage?

Dont know mate still waiting on the link

itsnomarooned

If it turns out he's wrong at least ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

yvonnejambo

wish it would be confirmed soon for the home leg as i am trying to organise the bus from the highlands down and 6pm compared to 7.45 or 8 makes a considerable difference in times leaving up here.

Drewjambobusby

May affect peoples flights down hence why i thought it important info. Ridicule should be the last thing he is worried about if this is shite.

Ecce Romanov

To err on the side of caution he could always do the safety dance

Haha, of course it is. I'm too busy dreaming about loyalty points and my mind has clearly gone wonky!

:thumbsup:

leazes.ender

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/uefa_cup_fixtures/default.stm

The BBC show all 3 'Scottish' teams kicking off at 6:00 with only the games in Eastern Europe later in the day where they are 2 hours or more ahead of the UK. I'd guess this is just an early marker and subject to change.

Uefa do have some silly rules about matches clashing though and if the UK media are looking to screen more than 1 game then the kick-offs may well be staggered as happened last year with Citeh. In England IIRC ESPN, ITV4 and Channel5 share the rights but this may only be from group stage onwards. However no reason, although difficult to implement given satellie and cable channels, for BBC to show here and ITV in England.

Drewjambobusby

Looks like he has looked at bbc sport fixtures and it does indeed say 6pm but doesnt even mention tv coverage as far as i can see. I am using mobile though so maybe someone else can look?

itsnomarooned

May affect peoples flights down hence why i thought it important info. Ridicule should be the last thing he is worried about if this is shite.

I agree. As long as you respect yourself and all of those around you.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Tynecastle European nights should be as dark as possible with the floodlights on. Hopefully they make it 8.05pm.

Mad Highlander

Hi guys i realise that im on the wrong forum but i am unable to start a new thread. I dont suppose you guys can put me in touch with anyone who travels down from the inverness area for matches. I can be contacted on 07738115435. Cheers :thumbsup:

Placid Casual

Hi guys i realise that im on the wrong forum but i am unable to start a new thread. I dont suppose you guys can put me in touch with anyone who travels down from the inverness area for matches. I can be contacted on 07738115435. Cheers :thumbsup:

Not a good idea putting your mobile number up mate! Best asking people to PM you...

Click here for Highland Hearts on Facebook

Has anyone phoned the Ticket Office to confirm the KO time ?

Or how many tickets we are getting for the away leg???

yvonnejambo

You have a private message and for anyone else we have our facebook page highlandhearts fans and email [email protected] :)

Yawwwwn. This is getting old. As someone said further up, this happens every second day.

Yes. The BBC site says 6pm kick off.

Yes. This probably will change. BBC site said 6pm for the Paksi games.

Disgraceful that noone picked up on this sooner. Excellent work, sir.

Reminds me of a couple of years back this guy kept phoning me every day. One day he'd sing Prince Charming, the next it'd be Ant Music, another he'd be belting Stand and Deliver or Kings of the Wild Frontier down the line. It was a pain in the arse, if truth be told. I told him to stop but he was adamant.

(I know it's exactly the same joke, but I'm not a proud man.)

Drewjambobusby

AWWWWWWWWW Feckin hell. Yeah nice one. Sorry mate wasted on me i am just getting old. So Old i remember the bugger

6pm kick off for the home leg would be handy, I've got to head to work after the game.

joe.gausden

I arrive at Gatwick at 8.50 am.. Tho wont be drinking ..

You're not seriously expecting anyone to believe that are you TB? :lol:

winston churchill

6pm kick off for the home leg would be handy, I've got to head to work after the game.

18.00 hours would also do for me.

It would give us an extra two hours in the pub.

Come to think of it.If spurs take this game seriously.I can see us in the pub for 18.30.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Ticket office told me today Tuesday KO for home game was 7.45pm.

No.

colinmaroon

Yawwwwn. This is getting old. As someone said further up, this happens every second day.

Yes. The BBC site says 6pm kick off.

Yes. This probably will change. BBC site said 6pm for the Paksi games.

PS BBC site regularly is behind the times/off the mark/wrong!!!

Archived