Are the riots making you reconsider

connlach

335 members have voted

1. 1. Has the violence in London changed your mind about going?

• No
    • Yes, I am not now going
    • I am reconsidering my plans
    • I am holding off booking till things have calmed down
    • St Johnstone

Although you shouldn't let these mindless idiots win, I am having second thoughts about booking up for London. I understand this might not affect some people, but I am going down with my son and some other family.

It is interesting to see how this will change the numbers going to the game and looking for tickets.

Although you shouldn't let these mindless idiots win, I am having second thoughts about booking up for London. I understand this might not affect some people, but I am going down with my son and some other family.

It is interesting to see how this will change the numbers going to the game and looking for tickets.

The game is 2 and half weeks away - I'm hoping it's calmed down by then. Already booked to go so I'm not cancelling until it's neccesary.

Im taking my 14 year old nephew so i am reconsidering.. Already paid ?400 non refundable...

If it calms down by then miles of London still be a crime scene . So football not their priority (from a friend in the police ).

loveofthegame

Nope, it'll be long over by then. And if its not (which it will be...), the game won't go ahead so my decision will be made for me.

Prince Buaben

Not thought about about reconsidering. It is still 2 weeks away.

MaroonTorres

Would not reconsider myself, but i am heading down with the Faither. If i was taking younger family members with me, it would definitely be on my mind.

Hopefully it does calm down so that it doesn't stop families heading down. What a game to attend as a young 'un!

This thread is for wimps. Got my flat kitted out over the last couple of nights. Gorgie Rules

Mac_fae_Gillie

Paid for Hotel,Paddington Area 2days ago got 15% on non refundable if Attacks start to occur on whites,or it spreads much more I would think or just writing money off as transport(train) not yet booked.

But at present all London football games are cancelled so if it is still as bad the game will not go ahead anyway and I dont fancy 2nights in a burning city for the sake of it.Going to hold outb on train tickets for a week just in case as they will be twice Hotel bill.

Broxburn Jambo

No, I have been crossing the Bridge of Doom and walking down London Road ( Edinburgh and Glasgow) since 1967, I am 56 now, If we do not go or the game is cancelled it means the feckers will have another little victory. Unleash the troops on them and sort trhem out.

I've seen AClockwork Orange thank you! Once is enough..... Innit....

No, I have been crossing the Bridge of Doom and walking down London Road ( Edinburgh and Glasgow) since 1967, I am 56 now, If we do not go or the game is cancelled it means the feckers will have another little victory. Unleash the troops on them and sort trhem out.

No, make them JOIN the army and get some sense into the twats!

RoussetsShorts

The OP must be on the wind up. There's 12 million people in London and maybe about 200 of them are on the bam up. Get a grip.

Cancel your trip :vrface: :vrface:

The only thing that will cancel this is a first leg pumping.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Reconsidering travel arrangements, might hire a luton or transit van and drive down

Having to pay for 5 seats on the plane and a whole row on the train for your extra supersized erse to expensive old boy ??

:rofl:

Dean Winchester

The OP must be on the wind up. There's 12 million people in London and maybe about 200 of them are on the bam up. Get a grip.

You're like a broken record :yucky:

Sorry, I dont understand your post. There are many more than 200 people on the "bam up", I have young people to consider, some of the events are taking place where the stadium is. I did not say I wasn't going, but I find it a more difficult decision to make now and was keen to see what others are thinking. Around 20% of people seem to be rethinking their plans and this perhaps helps others who are worried about getting tickets.

p.s. Greater London has a population of 8 million, Kabul has a population of 4 million but I wouldn't be popping there at the moment either despite all the residents not being involved in a bam up.

Nope, it'll be long over by then. And if its not (which it will be...), the game won't go ahead so my decision will be made for me.

if it doesent go ahead will we be handed the tie ? :flagwave:

Dagger Is Back

Planning to go with my 12YO son which puts a different complexion on things. We're a few weeks away so I'm not concerned at the mo. Just going to sit tight and see what happens. The flights are booked and paid for (non refundable), the Travelodge is booked but can be cancelled on the day if needs be.

Much depends on what the police do and the situation nearer the time. They've obviously cancelled tonights games so they may well make the decision for us.

tottenham dave

I think that's a real shame.

Mate, it will all have died down by then, and even so the little shits would be told by the influx of nearly 40,000 Spurs fans on match day to **** off or face a slap if they started any shenanigans.

I think that's a real shame.

Mate, it will all have died down by then, and even so the little shits would be told by the influx of nearly 40,000 Spurs fans on match day to **** off or face a slap if they started any shenanigans.

Thanks for the reply. What is it like getting away from the ground after the match. How easy is it to get to a tube station? I assume there will be several thousand others doing the same thing!

The game is 2 and half weeks away - I'm hoping it's calmed down by then. Already booked to go so I'm not cancelling until it's neccesary.

I agree, should be surely under control by the time we arrive. I am booked up and gonna go regardless of whether I get a ticket or not

Performance

No chance i want be going down after booking up for the trip on Friday night. Ticket or no ticket I'll be down there for the party.

The Fist Of Gorgie will there to protect us all in any case :lol:

tottenham dave

Thanks for the reply. What is it like getting away from the ground after the match. How easy is it to get to a tube station? I assume there will be several thousand others doing the same thing!

It's, no exaggeration, probably the worst ground in London in terms of transport connections.

You've got WHL railway station just around the corner, which is about the size of your average middle of nowhere two platform station. Bruce Grove station which is about 10 minutes in one direction, or Seven Sisters tube station which is a 15 minute walk the other direction.

Immediately after the match the crowds pile in to all of these and you are guarenteed sardine action!

But, and I've got to stress this, there will be no trouble, you and the family will be fine mate.

I was planning on taking my two 15 yr old nieces and my 11 yr old laddie. I reckoned it was a chance for them to do an "easy" Euro trip and see an EPL stadium to boot at a much younger age than I got to do it!

We're booked up for train and hotel. I have no intention of cancelling any of them till we see how it goes. If push comes to shove and this hasn't settled or there's any risk then (or indeed if I can't get tickets!) I'll leave them behind and Hubby and I will go without them. I'm pretty sure it'll be ok by then. Folk are angry now...they'll not tolerate it much longer without this lot getting brought into line one way or another.

Vlad Knows.

Even more inclined to go down, need a new telly.:ninja:

you spurs' new striker?

:verysmug:

Luton Jambo

Never even crossed my mind not to go, and didn't even think about folk considering it until I saw this thread. my son and I will be there.

Being honest, I'm hoping the violence keeps up until at least when the tockets go on sale to give me a better chance of getting one. I know it's selfish but I really want tickets.

Carrying on from that a bit, if there were empty seats in the Hearts end because people had taken tickets and changed their mind I'd be livid annoyed.

scott herbertson

If there is any prospect of there being trouble I am sure the the Met Police will advise cancellation

Therefore if the game is going ahead you can be sure that the authorities think it is safe.

I am sorry if that sounds simplistic but it is worth keeping that in mind.

Rumour is running well ahead of reality re the dangers out there at the moment, and 3,000 Hearts fans would deter most looters. The main issue IMO, if the riots are still going on(which I doubt very much) is will the Met think it will stretch their resources to police it.

Scott

LeylandJambo

I think the game will be on right now I'm in Peckham and London is very quiet today there's a few roads closed but all in all it's very quiet

Archived