Sportscene

Hambone

Thanks Hambone for the link . I can't see these high lights here in Canada . Would appreciate you doing it every game :thumbsup:

Thunderstruck

At worst it was a 50:50 challenge on a slippery surface. Black would have been getting pelters on here if he had shirked that.

Thanks Hambourne..

Eggert Jonsson keeping up his record of costing us a goal every 2/3 games he plays in defence..

Chaka Demus & pliers

I'll need to watch it again when I'm at a pc but I thought black was very very late with his challenge and must admit it looked a red to me

No more a red card than Lasley's yellow card tackle. Think the ref thought his left leg maybe done the player, but he actually only goes in with his right. Can see why the ref gave a red from his angle, but, as I say, having only given yellow to Lasley for something very similar, he's got it wrong.

Always seemst to go against us doesn't it!!!

Thanks as always Hambone - look forward to the highlights Monday morning!

grumpyespana

Watched it a couple of times not as bad as I first thought but it was never a 50-50 ball, the well player was always getting there first so it was a bit reckless from Blackie which cost us points.

Grumpy.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Magic as ever Hambone.

Oh, and I would have sent him off. On the replay it's the head movement for me. It was intentional.

jambo-in-furness

Black needs to realise that going through an opponent to get the ball is no longer acceptable, at the paksi game he did it a couple of times, always showing the ref the ball, when it was a blatant foul. The guy needs to learn the rules.

heartsfc_fan

Defending for the Motherwell goal was poor. 3 or 4 Hearts players round the ball.

maroonshrew

seemed anhonest challenge to me. Poor touch meant there was air between the Well player and the ball, he thought he could make the block. Just got it very wrong.

Never a sending off. Lasley just got there before him. If anything, Lasley's first half tackle is worse.

Black is clearly a marked man due to the media's constant hounding of him. The opposition know he's a bit hot headed and try and wind him up. During the commentary yesterday they mentioned several times that Motherwell players were having niggles at him. Sadly, he lets himself get involved with such capers.

It's funny because Lasley is well known to be a tough player but in the eyes of the media that's all he is, 'tough but fair'. Black on the other hand is repeatedly called a thug on Sportsound. Even later on in the match when Hamill made a tackle it was a case of "knowing Jamie Hamill he would have been trying to play the ball". I wonder if the same would have been said had it been Black.

Never a sending off. Lasley just got there before him. If anything, Lasley's first half tackle is worse.

Black is clearly a marked man due to the media's constant hounding of him. The opposition know he's a bit hot headed and try and wind him up. During the commentary yesterday they mentioned several times that Motherwell players were having niggles at him. Sadly, he lets himself get involved with such capers.

It's funny because Lasley is well known to be a tough player but in the eyes of the media that's all he is, 'tough but fair'. Black on the other hand is repeatedly called a thug on Sportsound. Even later on in the match when Hamill made a tackle it was a case of "knowing Jamie Hamill he would have been trying to play the ball". I wonder if the same would have been said had it been Black.

Yep, I heard those comments about Hamill too and had a wee chuckle to myself.

It's quite amazing how mud sticks the minute that one corner of the press decide you're a 'thug'. The Jelavic thing was the final straw for Black I think, in that respect. It means that everything he does will be interpreted one way rather than another...mind you, he doesn't always do too much to help himself....

I'm with you. 50/50 ball where Lasley got there a fraction of a second earlier. As I said on the other thread I'm still trying to see where this premeditated viciousness thing comes from, I certainly don't see it.

The Treasurer

Thanks Hambourne..

Eggert Jonsson keeping up his record of costing us a goal every 2/3 games he plays in defence..

Pish

Where was it his fault and give details of "all" the other times.

Yes he's made mistakes and yes he's been culpable at times but nothing like the amount of times you suggest

Pish

Where was it his fault and give details of "all" the other times.

Yes he's made mistakes and yes he's been culpable at times but nothing like the amount of times you suggest

Think he maybe played them onside from original pass through. Agree with you though, Eggy is a better Ch than he gets credit for on here. He hasn't really had a run at the position, but I think if he did, the wee positional errors would disappear.

Doesn't seem as bad a sending off as they made it out to be.

Looks like he was going for the ball already sliding in, and Lasley got their first and Blacks half attempted to pull out the tackle.

h-e-a-r-t-s

Thanks Hambourne..

Surely McGowan more at fault than Eggy?!

The Treasurer

Think he maybe played them onside from original pass through. Agree with you though, Eggy is a better Ch than he gets credit for on here. He hasn't really had a run at the position, but I think if he did, the wee positional errors would disappear.

A much fairer assessment of one of the hardest working players in our team :thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

Jeez, if our defenders were perfect we'd never concede any goals .......... they also wouldn't be playing in the SPL for very long!

Every week on here you see this or that player getting blamed or condemned for the loss of a goal(s) - defenders & goalkeepers will make some mistakes, we will concede some goals!

crawford_1874

appealing for the red cards worth a shout. didnt look that bad and we should of had a penalty in the first half i.e craigans foul on stevo.

Is it just me who found Stuar McCall's comments odd?

He said of the Black challenge that it was just two players making an honest and committed challenger for the ball but then said the ref got it right.

His comments, perhaps not briefened very well by me, did not match his opinion of the decision.

Spot on.

Lasley's challenge on Adrian was far worse, he was off the deck, studs showing. The Black dismissal. He clearly challenged using his instep, Black's body shape clearly showed that he was looking to pass the ball. Also Lasley made a meal of the challenge and the other Motherwell players did their utmost to help make O'Reilly's mind up for him, although they needn't have bothered as he was desperate to send Black off. I know that Black gets involved in a fair few hard tackles but genuinely feel that he receives far more knocks than he dishes out. Appealing the red card is a no brainer. The appeal will succeed and be downgraded to a yellow, the reason given will be that from the angle O'Reilly was at he thought Blacks trailing leg had struck Lasley.

O'Reilly is the worst of a fairly poor bunch.

Spot on.

Lasley's challenge on Adrian was far worse, he was off the deck, studs showing. The Black dismissal. He clearly challenged using his instep, Black's body shape clearly showed that he was looking to pass the ball. Also Lasley made a meal of the challenge and the other Motherwell players did their utmost to help make O'Reilly's mind up for him, although they needn't have bothered as he was desperate to send Black off. I know that Black gets involved in a fair few hard tackles but genuinely feel that he receives far more knocks than he dishes out. Appealing the red card is a no brainer. The appeal will succeed and be downgraded to a yellow, the reason given will be that from the angle O'Reilly was at he thought Blacks trailing leg had struck Lasley.

O'Reilly is the worst of a fairly poor bunch.

I agreed with you until the last paragraph. Sadly, there is worse than him.

Archived