Aberdeen game a MUST win ?

cantleyzonehmfc

cantleyzonehmfc

is this the way anyone else sees it after another defeat ? playing catch up in the leauge already and not really the ideal way to prepare for what can only be described as the clubs biggest double header in recent history , thoughts anyone ?

Radioactive Mince

Too early for talk of MUST WINS, but if we can't beat a very shite Aberdeen team, I'd be very disappointed.

is this the way anyone else sees it after another defeat ? playing catch up in the leauge already and not really the ideal way to prepare for what can only be described as the clubs biggest double header in recent history , thoughts anyone ?

It's ludicrous to describe it as a must-win game. Victory would be timely, though.

Jambof3tornado

Over used phrase. Win lose or draw it will have no bearing on the spurs tie.

What's important is to not pick up any injuries!

cantleyzonehmfc

It's ludicrous to describe it as a must-win game. Victory would be timely, though.

IMO every game at home against teams in our league and especialy out with the old firm are must win games and if not i feel thats where our problem lies in terms of our mentality towards challenging or attempting to split the ugly sisters and before i get any replys shooting me down telling me we have no chance of sustaining a challenge to them i totaly agree its crazy to think we could topple them but surely our expectations must start somewhere, so expecting or demanding a home win this weekend shouldnt be regarded as "ludicrous" , should it ?

Aberdeen can't buy a goal and either can we, so should be 0-0. But, I'm gonna go for Hearts to start firing and a comfortable 3-0 win. Sergio has a full week with the team and I'm sure by next weekend we will have improved.

MightyBritannia

Not necessarily a must win game, but if we don't win it and no signings are made then the pressure will start to heap on those who work at the club - from the players to the manager and the owner.

We should be without a doubt hammering teams of the same calibre as Aberdeen - especially with the squad they have.

Gregory House M.D.

This ******* forums full of manic-depressive ******* drama queens. Wipe the sand from your ###### and lighten up. We had a terrible start to last season as well.

The JKB masses are never happy unless they're doom-mongering these days eh?

Jesus wept.

MightyBritannia

This ******* forums full of manic-depressive ******* drama queens. Wipe the sand from your ###### and lighten up. We had a terrible start to last season as well.

Jesus wept.

Very true.

Jesus wept.

Bsng on! Some people go well over the top. IMO if we win the league is in the bag but defeat and we are fighting relegation with the Hobos. :huh:

Vlad Knows.

3 games in and your describing it as a must win? :lol:

the league will take form after the first 10 games or so and we'll see how we are really going to do :thumbsup:

Jesus wept.

1 point from 9 and only 1 goal scored, would lead a lot of people down the doom-mongering road.

However have seen some real p*** poor hearts teams in my 41 years, its hardly time for me to slit my wrists.

Over-reaction here again.

Firstly, we've just got a manager in who has only known his players for 5 minutes.

We had eight points after our first seven games last season. Our squad is the strongest outside the Old-firm by a considerable margin (some on here were even claiming it was close to Rangers/Celtic squads - which is nonsense).

When the suspensions/injuries mount-up for everyone, including ourselves, we will still have good options, far superior to anyone outside the Old Firm (hopefully we can get one or two more for certain positions before the end of the August).

We'll have that bit of quality when others will be fielding lower quality players. That is when we'll start picking up a lot of points and i'll be very surprised if we don't finish thrid again this season, purely going on the strength of the squad compared to the rest (out-with the Old Firm).

Think about the players who never started today for being unselected/injured, Skacel, Novikovas, Obua, Kyle, Sutton, Webster, Taouil, Suso, S.Elliot among others.

I watched the Aberdeen v Celtic game and I'll say this Aberdeen are absolutely toothless up front so if we lose to them it will be shocking.I said at the beginning of the season that Well and Utd would be our challengers for third but Aberdeen look like a team that will just survive relegation to me.

ir depends on what each person means as 'must win'.

must win it in order to win the league? no. that's not a realistic thing anyway.

must win it in order to stay in with a chance of 3rd? no. the season has only just started.

must win it in order to avoid relegation? obviously not.

must win it in order to kick-start our season and relieve the pressure a bit? yes, more credible.

Dunk-Section G

Surely a must-win if we are expected to win the league this season.

Also, given the poor start to the season it is a must-win for morale purposes.

aye, it is an important game like any. And with our start we must get a win and get the ball rolling. We could seriously get into a rut if we don`t get the finger out.....and if we add on last season`s latter spell(which i normally wouldn`t but it seems you are meant to!) then our record of late is worrying.

Clerry Jambo

must win it in order to kick-start our season and relieve the pressure a bit? yes, more credible.

This

The Old Tolbooth

If Vlad wants the title, then every game is a 'must win' match.

Personally, I don't think we're going to come anywhere near challenging the bigots, so I feel there's no need to press any panic buttons yet as we need to give Sergio time to get into the groove, he may even bring in some players, you never know.

If we can't beat Aberdeen at home then we might as well chuck it. Hopefully Sergio will now be able to influence matters with nearly a full week to work with the players.

If Vlad wants the title, then every game is a 'must win' match.

Personally, I don't think we're going to come anywhere near challenging the bigots, so I feel there's no need to press any panic buttons yet as we need to give Sergio time to get into the groove, he may even bring in some players, you never know.

I agree but this is the difference between us and the OF aside from other things. They have real urgency to win ANY game. I hate this lazy attitude we have "ah, dinnae worry, its early days".....then another defeat happens or maybe held to a draw and more points we go adrift.

We moan at the OF about how they feel they have the devine right to win.....i personally don`t see anything wrong with that attitude, really don`t.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Pretty straightforward - if we're happy with third it's not a must win. If we want any higher then it is.

the windae cleaner

i think its a must win if we want any chance against spurs at home

if we cant beat a very pi5h poor aberdeen then what sort of

confidence will we have on the thursday night ?????

The Old Tolbooth

I agree but this is the difference between us and the OF aside from other things. They have real urgency to win ANY game. I hate this lazy attitude we have "ah, dinnae worry, its early days".....then another defeat happens or maybe held to a draw and more points we go adrift.

We moan at the OF about how they feel they have the devine right to win.....i personally don`t see anything wrong with that attitude, really don`t.

I agree with that and wish we had the same 'never say die' attitude, although a wee helping hand from the men in black wouldn't go amiss sometimes too, just to even things up ;)

heartsfc_fan

Fortunately, they are as pesh as we are, if not worse.

I'd be very worried if we don't win on Saturday because they are garbage.

Archived