Where was everyone today?

willie woo

After reading all about guys with 100+ loyalty points and how everyone preaches they go to all these away games and deserve there spurs home and away tickets is it not about time other grounds scanned our cards so that loyalty points can actually give a more true reflection of a supporters merit for high profile games, I must say I was well disappointed with the turnout today especially after all those folk at tynie yesterday demanding tickets for the spurs game and how many closet fans appeared. Not one single hearts fan got a ticket stub today so no loyalty points there for any of us, I just wonder how many true supporters will not get the opportunity to go to WHL because of this truly flawed points system we use!

Rant over,

Troo Siporturs!!!!

The uber fan chat on here is starting to get mega boring.

Radioactive Mince

After reading all about guys with 100+ loyalty points and how everyone preaches they go to all these away games and deserve there spurs home and away tickets is it not about time other grounds scanned our cards so that loyalty points can actually give a more true reflection of a supporters merit for high profile games, I must say I was well disappointed with the turnout today especially after all those folk at tynie yesterday demanding tickets for the spurs game and how many closet fans appeared. Not one single hearts fan got a ticket stub today so no loyalty points there for any of us, I just wonder how many true supporters will not get the opportunity to go to WHL because of this truly flawed points system we use!

Rant over,

Good point. A guy was making this exact point to me in the bowling club... It wasn't you, was it?

A fecking joke of a system. Fair enough, upon its inception, we were selling out every away allocation up and down the country and HMFC were selling us tickets for the games (remember away season tickets, anyone?) but nowadays the system is more or less defunct.

vladtheexhaler

Rant over,

:th_Yawn:

Drylaw Hearts

As I entered the ground I got handed a voucher by a Hearts official which ensured me of a ticket to WHL because I attended the game today.

I thought everyone got one ?

Far far too much panicking and worrying about Spurs tickets going on. Exactly the same happened with Basle and everyone got one. Hibs matches normally go on general sale.

Fact is, we don't have that big an away support. 2900 tkts will more than suffice for ST holders who semi regularly go to away games, IMO!

Radioactive Mince

Troo Siporturs!!!!

If you say so.

Personally - and it's not a dig at you BTW - I think that deliberate phonetic mis-spellings, the use of the terms "uber fan", and "chat" are some of the most boring things on KB.

Each to their own though, Sten. Each to their own.

The OP makes a very valid point anyway - The system is majorly flawed thesedays.

As I entered the ground I got handed a voucher by a Hearts official which ensured me of a ticket to WHL because I attended the game today.

Yeah I got one. It was a gold ticket like out of Willie Wonkas chocolate factory (but better).

It was a poor turnout today but a lot of people will be saving their spare cash for the two Spurs games.

I went today as I wont be able to make the game at White Hart Lane because I'll be working in Northern Ireland when its on :( so I'll just be passing my voucher on to some random.

netherleejambo

Guy gave me two - nice bloke

Drylaw Hearts

Yeah I got one. It was a gold ticket like out of Willie Wonkas chocolate factory (but better).

Good man.

golden-ticket-510.jpg

I'll see you there.

Disagree the loyalty points system is defunct. There are enough all ticket games for it to provide an accurate reflection of loyalty.

It is clear too many people just don't understand the system and that there are so many untruths spouted by a minority on jkb which whips some of you into a panicked frenzy.

I was at home not spending my hard earned money on petrol or watching what I knew would be utter pish, thanks for asking. I did indeed have a very pleasant afternoon. :verysmug:

Troo Siporturs!!!!

suzie_preston

Good point. A guy was making this exact point to me in the bowling club... It wasn't you, was it?

A fecking joke of a system. Fair enough, upon its inception, we were selling out every away allocation up and down the country and HMFC were selling us tickets for the games (remember away season tickets, anyone?) but nowadays the system is more or less defunct.

we do still get points for purchasing a season ticket, european games and all ticket away games, it's easy enough to check after you have made a purchase that the correct points have been added to your account.

Sorry if I'm boring you! Here's a thought don't bother posting on this thread then, ****

The fact we have fans with 188 points all the way down to 1 point shows the merit.

If there weren't enough ticket games to make the system valid, how would one accumulate 188 points?

Reality is, if you go to all the games you get tickets for the biggies. Exactly how it should be.

Radioactive Mince

Disagree the loyalty points system is defunct. There are enough all ticket games for it to provide an accurate reflection of loyalty.

It is clear too many people just don't understand the system and that there are so many untruths spouted by a minority on jkb which whips some of you into a panicked frenzy.

Really? So Hibs, Rangers and Celtic plus selected Inverness, Aberdeen and St. Mirren games are a true reflection of loyalty?

I agree that, if you go to every away game, the system can't fail (unless the mups at the ticket office don't credit your points correctly or your supporters club don't add ref. numbers to booking or your mate forgot to ask you your ref etc etc etc), but what if I don't like going to Parkhead, have to work when we play St Mirren, but go to all the Dundee Utds and ST Johnstones of this league? Do I really have to start buying tickets from Hearts for aways (on the relatively rare occassions you actually can) that I can't make/don't like going to in order to show how loyal I am to this ridiculously flawed and managed system?

By the way, there are tons of better fans than me. It's just a moot point to say "you know the system guys - tough shit".

The fact we have fans with 188 points all the way down to 1 point shows the merit.

If there weren't enough ticket games to make the system valid, how would one accumulate 188 points?

Reality is, if you go to all the games you get tickets for the biggies. Exactly how it should be.

I got 10 points for something. What would be a 10 point game ?

suzie_preston

check your account it will tell you what 10pts was for.

Radioactive Mince

we do still get points for purchasing a season ticket, european games and all ticket away games, it's easy enough to check after you have made a purchase that the correct points have been added to your account.

What? All five or six of them? :blink:

Maybe my priorities are all wrong.

My point is that there are enough points available to accumulate to make itna worthwhile system.

Ticket games, ST, shareholder, home friendlies, home euro ties, away euro ties.

Amazing how quickly they add up.

Some of the stuff I've read, like, it's not fair, my mate goes and buys my tickets etc shows anlack of understanding.

All you do is give reference numbers of who tickets are for and sorted! Can even go online 24/7 and check they are added correctly.

NOBODY gets points for pay at gate matches where a stub is issued, eg Utd. This is an untruth.

Yes, there are fans who don't go to OF away games but probably go to most others. No system can be perfect, but this system is better than none.

And again, as someone who goes to all away games, no need to panic. We really do not have a consistenly big away support. I get the inpression some people think 000's go away. It is in the hundreds, really!

Should add, think last year Aberdeen were ticket games but had pay at gate turnstiles open. You ONLY get points if you buy tickets from Hearts. ST Mirren were ticket also, and maybe Hamilton. Then there are Cup games, HOME and away.

Lots of games where points can be accumulated.

Although it's not majorly flawed, there are problems with it.

You only get tickets for going to Ibrox, Parkhead, Easter Road, Caledonian Stadium, Pittodrie and St Mirren Park.

And apart from Inverness and Aberdeen away, there aren't many loyalty points to be had. If the club offered loyalty points to each attender at every away game, more people would go as it would give more of an incentive IMO.

I'd estimate that there was 1200 jambos there today, which is a pretty poor turn out. If each person earned 4 or so loyalty points there would have been a big panic rush as people are paranoid about getting tickets for WHL.

It shouldn't be like that, if you are going to go to the away games then you should go to see the game and not just for loyalty points, but maybe that's the way that people's minds work. I'm not sure if a larger away support would benefit the club financially but the club could be doing more to get a larger away support.

10000 ST holders, around 10% of them were there today. Must be something wrong.

Home matches too Teddy. League Cup, Scottish Cup, friendlies, euro ties etc etc. System is there to encourage fans to support the club by rewarding loyalty!

What are our home cup crowds like? Normally pathetic in early rounds.

Templeton'sUnderpants

I was at the game today but I do not have a ST, where do I stand in the uber fan ranks?

superhearts

Rant over,

I respect your point and would like to add on watching all the Scottish matches on Sportscene there was massive gaps in the grounds.

I accept you point a veiw that supporters who attend should have priorty to tickets before the glory hunters.

Why are scottish matches not attracting crowds ?

Home matches too Teddy. League Cup, Scottish Cup, friendlies, euro ties etc etc. System is there to encourage fans to support the club by rewarding loyalty!

What are our home cup crowds like? Normally pathetic in early rounds.

It's the sad truth. :(

No such a thing as an uberfan. We are all Jambos mate.

Every time we have a huge game this panic over getting a ticket arises.

Radioactive Mince

My point is that there are enough points available to accumulate to make itna worthwhile system.

Ticket games, ST, shareholder, home friendlies, home euro ties, away euro ties.

Amazing how quickly they add up.

Some of the stuff I've read, like, it's not fair, my mate goes and buys my tickets etc shows anlack of understanding.

All you do is give reference numbers of who tickets are for and sorted! Can even go online 24/7 and check they are added correctly.

NOBODY gets points for pay at gate matches where a stub is issued, eg Utd. This is an untruth.

Yes, there are fans who don't go to OF away games but probably go to most others. No system can be perfect, but this system is better than none.

And again, as someone who goes to all away games, no need to panic. We really do not have a consistenly big away support. I get the inpression some people think 000's go away. It is in the hundreds, really!

The ticket office have ****ed this system up. Some things go on automatically. Others are 'manual adjustments'. Obviously you can't get post-dated points for games that were never included in the scheme in the first place. That would just be stupid.

Is it only on KB, where folk with a million points/who don't go to away games reside, that there is this level of support for the system?

I understand it well enough, thanks, but can you not see that it's a nonsense? I mean, really?

I'll be buying tickets for all loyalty pts games from now on, even if I can't actually attend, and shunning the PATG ones if that's ok with everyone on here? If I can make 10 aways a season, why not make them worth my while, eh?

A whole ST-less season of going to Tynie where I maybe went to 10 games and a few aways are missing from my account (no, nobody bought them for me). Great system.

Radioactive Mince

Should add, think last year Aberdeen were ticket games but had pay at gate turnstiles open. You ONLY get points if you buy tickets from Hearts. ST Mirren were ticket also, and maybe Hamilton. Then there are Cup games, HOME and away.

Lots of games where points can be accumulated.

I think you're misunderstanding me by thinking I've misunderstood the system... I haven't - it's just not very good.

Radioactive Mince

Where do you check this point thingy

Hearts official site --> Tickets --> e-ticketing ---> login ---> Account ---> Hearts loyalty points.

Why would you buy tickets for games and not go?

Barmy!

We buy tickets for games AND go and support the team. Can't comprehend spending ?25 for a ticket then not going!?

You must have money to burn mate. If so, can I have some please;-)

I'll say it again, no need to panic just yet. I'd bet on threshold being in region of 60-80 points.

Radioactive Mince

Tams bird...

I've thought about this and maybe it's a manual adjustment giving you points for attending both the Sunderland and Bolton (teams may be wrong) friendlies at the start of 09/10, which were 5pts each? Just a thought.

FTH, why isn't it very good? Because you feel your points total is low? Interested as to your reasoning.

Better call Saul

Hearts official site --> Tickets --> e-ticketing ---> login ---> Account ---> Hearts loyalty points.

Thank you

[/quote

Thought the turnout today was pretty reasonable :whistling:

Radioactive Mince

Why would you buy tickets for games and not go?

Barmy!

We buy tickets for games AND go and support the team. Can't comprehend spending ?25 for a ticket then not going!?

You must have money to burn mate. If so, can I have some please;-)

I'll say it again, no need to panic just yet. I'd bet on threshold being in region of 60-80 points.

Do you really not understand what I'm saying here? Yes, you go to every game, home and away, I know. Therefore you'll always be fine, and always happy with the system (unless there are massive errors which there seem to be with hundreds of supporters' accounts) I can't. I've got three young kids for starters so childcare's often an issue. I'm suggesting that maybe I'll only go to aways which I can gain points on, negating around half the away calendar, and will even buy tickets for these games if I'm otherwise engaged those days.

Don't worry, I'd give somebody else my ticket at a discount. I'm no' that minted :ninja:

EDIT: Thing is, though, that if I went ahead and did that, I'd be just as 'loyal' a fan as yourself, who goes to every game. I'd be going to less than half, but would have just as many points.

Radioactive Mince

FTH, why isn't it very good? Because you feel your points total is low? Interested as to your reasoning.

Aye, right then.

Any hopes of a reasoned natter on the merits, or otherwise, of this system have vanished.

You're obviously on the wind-up.

mine aren't low at all.

I'm 16, only started going regularly to away games last season. Had a season ticket since I was ten, my first season being when Burley was in charge.

I think I have 80 odd points, which isn't bad but when I consider the away games I went to last season I could have had alot more points than I do just now.

Sometimes it feels like a bit of a kick in the baws when you walk away from places like Fir Park, you've paid a good 15 quid to get in, paid for a train ticket and you get beat. Getting a few loyalty points would maybe make me feel a bit better because it feels like you're getting a wee reward for making the trip... maybe that sounds a bit gay but that's my opinion.

I actually have a fair amount! Just feel it's a majorly flawed system, no one can make every game I know that, but reading between the lines there are a lot of people on here doing a lot of talking and not so much supporting or should I say attending yet claim to have a huge amount of loyalty points

Do posts on kickback get some of yous loyalty points.

Radioactive Mince

Yeah, because the mini-site informaton isn't two years out of date or anything, eh.

Agree with the general point, though :)

To test this theory - Has anyone got a link to information on the number of loyalty points for our recent game at Ibrox in order for me to check that the correct number have been added to my account, please?

Aye, right then.

Any hopes of a reasoned natter on the merits, or otherwise, of this system have vanished.

You're obviously on the wind-up.

FTH, sorry if i have offended you. Was trying to have the discussion using my iphone and therefore trying to keep it short.

Not suggesting you aren't a proper fan or as good a fan as me.

All I have been saying is IMO there are enough games each year where points are awarded for there to be merit in the system to reward those who go regularly should there ever be a ticket shortage.

I find it highly unlikely that there are fans out there who only go to games that they get loyalty points for. If I were picking and choosing games, I'd be more inclined to go to matches we were likely to win than Parkhead or Ibrox, or go to matches close to home rather than Aberdeen and ICT!

Pre-season friendlies always attract poor crowds, and as a result Hearts normally offer 7 points for these (although don't think they did for Antwerp). Perhaps in the future we will get a bigger turnout for these games thus benefitting the club financially in the process. Likewise for home Cup games. The St Johnstone crowd last season was embarrassing for a Scottish Cup game IMO.

Even the home Paksi tie, which 7 pts were awarded for, only attracted 12000!

It reaally is rare that we take a big away support anymore. Today's turnout is about normal, and midweek games I would suggest less. People, and not pointing finger at you, are getting their knickers in a twist over Spurs tkts before we even know how many we will have.

Ps. Don't believe everything you read on here either. I reckon some prople like to post things to perpetuate the stress and anxiety of those clearly demonstrating it. I very much doubt there are more than 100 people with 150 loyalty pts or more.

Yeah, because the mini-site informaton isn't two years out of date or anything, eh.

Agree with the general point, though :)

To test this theory - Has anyone got a link to information on the number of loyalty points for our recent game at Ibrox in order for me to check that the correct number have been added to my account, please?

Think Ibrox was 2 points.

Radioactive Mince

Think Ibrox was 2 points.

Link please, mate. Want to check the correct points have been added. (I'm making a point here) :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just noticed your previous post...

You haven't offended me at all. I'm never really serious on here, more of a mischief maker really. However, I genuinely thought you were taking the piss.

If you weren't, then just re-read my posts in this thread, as I've said enough now, I think, for it to be quite clear where I stand on the issue.

Cheers.

Link please, mate. Want to check the correct points have been added.

Sorry, don't have a link. Think this was what was added to mine and my friends, and certain Celtic/Rangers/Hibs only get 2 points for these games.

Radioactive Mince

Sorry, don't have a link. Think this was what was added to mine and my friends, and certain Celtic/Rangers/Hibs only get 2 points for these games.

So, we have to trust HMFC with a system where we THINK certain games are worth certain amounts of points?

By the way, I put a pretty big edit in the post above. It's the main reason I replied here TBH (just so you see I'm not being snide or that).

:)

Archived